youtube.com/watch?v=b1Ft-Bqbc9M
youtube.com/watch?v=YbaTur4A1OU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>deflector dish
>you can't eat off it

Klingons are shit

>starfleet
>the fleet isn't made of stars

Why do they call it the holodeck instead of "spontaneous on demand matter generation for enjoyment games and simulation chamber that also utilizes force fields and photon manipulation" or SODMGFEGASCTAUFFAPM for short?

If Vulcans are 7x stronger than humans, why has nobody made a clone army out of them to shit stomp the rest of the universe?

Vastly superior race in basically everything.

>considering how the Pegasus turned out....
The Pegasus turned out the way it did because the crew mutinied. Pressman probably let it slip to Section 31 given his modus operandi and I doubt the research behind would ever have stopped knowing what we know about how underground research is conducted in the Federation.

>They understand how cloaks work and how to make cloaks, but they have to pretend that they don't understand that in order to convince new species to join the Federation because they're ~totally~ not militant warmongering imperialists like everybody else.
The Treaty of Algeron is probably the worst of all the "treaties" in the Star Trek universe.
You reach a stalemate with probably the second strongest power in the quadrant and you let them retain the complete rights to use a hugely advantageous piece of technology while simultaneously cutting off your balls to make these overly paranoid territorial bastards feel at ease.
Friendly reminder that PRESSMAN WAS RIGHT!

It's a misconception. It was created through collaboration by Dr. Richard Holo and his longtime companion Janice Deck.

>dinosaurs somehow evolved to be humanoid despite never being around them and then built a spaceship

is there a more retarded plot in the history of media?

is there

Someone didn't watch TNG. Kill yourself.

>walking upright and having a head means "humanoid"
The term humanoid is like the word racist in the 21st century: devoid of all it's original meaning
not to mention it's the universally preferred method of evolution, they've done studies on this

It also manipulates sound waves though.

Like if your buddy is standing 1 meter away from you, but in-game they're supposed to be 50 meters away, then it has to manipulate their audio until it reaches your ears all nice and proper.

Holodeck technology is more advanced than a Warp 10 drive. It's basically like becoming a Q but with safety precautions.

What the Federation is actually doing is showing the universe that they have the biggest balls of all.

>"Let the Romulans have their pathetic little cloaks. We don't even need cloaks to have the advantage. We can kick their asses with both arms tied behind our backs."

Vulcan cloning is a big part of The Animated Series.

Emphasis on big.

youtube.com/watch?v=j6RipowYUV8

what did they by this

Why would anyone want that to be canon?

Because it's fun.

>in dangerous gaseous atmosphere
>hull breaches but you put your life on the line to save your waifu
>help keep her warm and do your best to take care of her
>w-w-we're j-just f-friends Jules

What did Dax have against turbanwinders?

>disengage safety protocols

The comments are giving me cancer, let alone the title. He actually went back and retroactively re-titled his video clip into cuckery because he was so butthurt. smfh.

>social welfare will be repealed

The entire idea of a sanctuary district is welfare.

Well we know Dax actually wanted to Jules, she was just being controlled by Jadzia. She wanted the BKC, completely ravaging the useless slut Jadzias body, Thank god Ezri, Dax's next host was pure and not a huge whore.

It's just force field manipulation

but then where does the water come from?

The Paramount lot.

>start episode where EMH shows up to make Bashir the LMH

>The best character from the 2nd worst trek talks to the worst character from the 2nd best trek

huh really make me think

Uh.. Star Trek was filmed in the CBS studios.

What are you talking about? When did the EMH and Bashir ever meet?

season 5 episode 16

Its not EMH but Doctor Lewis Zimmerman. Almost the same

They share one scene together in the episode where the EMH's creator shows up to make Bashir the LMH.

>almost the same
>calling Voyager 2nd worst when STD exists

K Y S f a m

You're right. STD is the second-worst, Voyager is the worst.

xD

I would have said worst if STD didn't exist.

Voyager is miles better than ToS and better than Enterprise.

I say it unironically. STD is actually improving, whereas Voyager remained a flat line of mediocrity the whole way through. I respect STD for trying new things, and I disrespect Voyager for having no ambition and never trying and always playing things safe.

>safe = bad

How is bad safe?

Watch Voyager and find out. If you don't fall asleep first.

i don't get trill characters. they talk more about curzon than about jadzia. why didn't they make her character curzon then for fucks sake?

>The Paramount lot.
Dude, you should've heard the belly laugh that just bellowed out my room and across my house from this comment.

Take Data's advice please.

>they've done studies on this
Everyone I've ever met has been humanoid too.

>safe is worse than outright offensive

Beer pong is fucking cool, dude!

in this episode, Kira talks Sisko into a coma

>being outright offended by STD
Sorry, I didn't realize that I was conversing with a special little snowflake who gets TRIGGERED by every little thing.

You're as bad as [boogeyman that you've decided is your enemy], by the way.

2/10

>whereas Voyager remained a flat line of mediocrity the whole way through.
this is a false statement.
You are actually telling me season 4 and 5 of Voyager is the same as the Kazon season?
You have to watch the show before making such patently false statements about it

>Voyager remained a flat line of mediocrity the whole way through
Not even remotely true.
Voyager had the biggest swings in quality of any ST. It had some genuinely great episodes mixed with total and complete shit.

>I'm outright offended by STD!
>P.S. Don't say that I'm outright offended by STD!
Sorry.

The Kazon seasons were also the Vidiian seasons. The Vidiians had potential.

Name one thing in any Trek series or movie as terrible as beer pong in STD. I'll wait.

>The Kazon seasons were also the Vidiian seasons. The Vidiians had potential.
false equivalency, EMH and Sevenb episodes are miles above even that one good vidiian episode which was also a doctor episode
and potential doesn't mean shit seeing as we actually got 2-3 good seasons out of the show

Fucking the same ghost penis that your grandmother also fucked.

>Name one thing in any Trek series or movie as terrible as beer pong in STD. I'll wait.
Tsunkatse

solve for x

The ghost I might give some merit but that was just a shit episode of Trek, it wasn't not trek.

What is it that was meant by this PADD?

Forced corporate synergy by way of heavy-handed cross-promotion for WWF SmackDown is not Star Trek.

Yes, that's basically the the Romulan Star Empire. Minus the cloning (probably).

>As with "Blink of an Eye", this episode's title had to be changed shortly before shooting when it was realized that it matched a TOS episode's: "Arena".

>it's the same person irl so it's a WWF ad xD

Get to watch an extra episode because of daylight savings

I'm sorry that you're not old enough to remember the year 2000. But, in a way, perhaps you're the lucky one here.

youtube.com/watch?v=A7preE2hojM

>Holy misleading trailer Batman! This episode is lots of fun, but this trailer lies. The Rock is only in that one scene. This is like making a "Rocky Horror Picture Show" trailer painting the movie as being all about Meatloaf singing on his bike!

Rape
Obviously

Who are you quoting?

I thought only my brain worked this way.
Strange world, eh?

The commenter.

Interesting.

What did Enterprise mean by this?

good luck trying to control a freaking STAR, buddy

Still not beer pong.

butthurt trumptard detected.

You're still going on about that? It's over, it's done, it's finished, we found the cringiest shit in all Star Trek history, and it's Tsunkatse, presented by UPN as a literal advertisement for WWF SmackDown.

Tsunkatse was cool. it's beer pong.

Not him, but I think Beer Pong is WAAAYYY worse. Tsunkatse at least shows some creativity and to be honest the concept is no lift of previous trek concepts (Penk is a broadcaster in space using unique fighters to promote a unique form of combat)

Beer pong is complete shameless pandering to the college crowd, which I've noticed the show is clearly trying to market to and failing terribly

How is Tsunkatse not completely shameless pandering to the WWF crowd?

They played commercials all week long about how the worlds of Star Trek and wrestling were colliding.

how something is advertised and how something actually is are two different things.

>How is Tsunkatse not completely shameless pandering to the WWF crowd?

Nothing about Tsunkatse was pandering to the WWF crowd, the inclusion of the ROCK was the shameless pandering.

Blame that on UPN, they didn't deserve the Trek franchise to begin with.

It actually is pretty WWFy. He even uses The Rock Bottom and The People's Eyebrow, just to pander to the WWF fans.

>It actually is pretty WWFy. He even uses The Rock Bottom and The People's Eyebrow, just to pander to the WWF fans.
Nothing about this is specific to Tsunkatse, it's like Bloodsport in space. Each individual fighter has their own moves and tactics. We're basically given a carbon copy of Dwayne The Rock Johnson but with a forehead ridge. The Rock and only the Rock is what ties the show to the WWF.

And the trailer at the end of the previous episode. And the commercials throughout the week leading up to it.

Regardless of how much actual screentime it took up, it's still a cold calculated move by those heartless UPN executives to turn Star Trek into an advertisement for the WWF. More disgusting than anything else I've ever seen in Star Trek, and that includes Neelix getting a footrub.

no more like it's a cold calculated move to get the WWF audience to try watching Star Trek, which is a good move considering they're both basically soap operas.

WHY DOES DATA AGE?! He's a robot ffs.

to fit in with his friends

>VOY 6x15: A total embarrassment to everyone involved.

Meanwhile in TNG 6x15:
youtube.com/watch?v=Bf0DDBXf7wY

Meanwhile in DS9 6x15:
youtube.com/watch?v=b1Ft-Bqbc9M

Meanwhile in ENT 6x15
youtube.com/watch?v=YbaTur4A1OU

so having winkles and being puffy helps you fit in?

when they're all getting older and dying yes

>IORCA's a MADMAN !!! he will pay GRRRR

what kind of crippled mind could type out such a youtube comment in sincerity?

either a pajeet shill or a legit trektard

Stop reading YouTube comments. That's an order.

But, Captain, I -

why did the voyager writers just stop giving a shit as soon as DS9 went off the air and they were the only trek series on
season 6 (1999-2000) was an embarrassment aside from a handful of decent episodes

>season 6 (1999-2000) was an embarrassment aside from a handful of decent episodes
Season 7 was worse.
Unimatrix Zero was the official episode in which the franchise ran out of steam.
Enterprise was good but not good enough to keep the engines running.
What it needed was a good 15 year break and no JJ movies.
Instead it got a 3 year break, JJ movies, and JJ shows.
I think Daniels messed up this timeline.

WHY DO LASER WEAPONS KEEP MISSING?
THEY'RE FUCKING LASERS MOVING AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!

Oh god Unimatrix Zero more like Unimatrix Zero out of Ten
Where the Borg Queen is even more of a scenery-chewing ham than she was in First Contact and they bring up this huge Borg rebellion they literally NEVER EVER mention again, also tiny Voyager is able to almost defeat a gigantic cube jesus christ

WHY DO LASER WEAPONS KEEP MISSING? THEY'RE FUCKING LASERS, MOVING AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!

It's kinda sad though, Voyager was almost good in seasons 4 and 5.
Then they just... stopped caring completely in 6 and 7.
No wonder viewers dropped by the millions.

>also tiny Voyager is able to almost defeat a gigantic cube jesus christ

Janeway puts her entire crew at risk, the risk of Voyager being assimilated and the Borg acquiring a greater advantage over the Federation, and an end to their entire journey all to save some extremely rare marginalized dreaming drones who may or may not even be able to do anything about the situation, but not even because it could give them an advantage but, IIRC, because "it's the right thing to do" etc. etc.

These were the types of Voyager episodes that caused people to meme it as the worst Star Trek ever. Not Threshold or Tsunkatse but the BIG ones that made absolutely no sense and were sold to us as extravagant high concept two-parters or thrillers.

If anything, Braga owes an apology for all of the post-season 5 Borg garbage we were a party to. Dark Frontier should've been the last Borg episode ever. Survival Instinct was good but technically it wasn't a Borg episode because the enemy of the episode was Seven's conscience & memory.

>forgets name
>attaches image

>adds name
>forgets image

What did this newfag meme by dis?

In TNG, Picard's assimilation by the Borg is comparable to rape. They violated his body. It takes him three episodes AND an entire feature film to come to terms with it.
In VOY, Janeway, Tuvok and B'Elanna getting assimilated is just treated like another ordinary day. They shrug it off and move on to the next episode.

They're just using the anti-Borg cure developed by Phlox.

EMH is smart so he looked up Phlox's cure in the database. Crusher is dumb so she didn't.

>In VOY, Janeway, Tuvok and B'Elanna getting assimilated is just treated like another ordinary day. They shrug it off and move on to the next episode.

LOL, holy fuck, I forgot that was a PART OF THEIR PLAN. To LITERALLY GET ASSIMILATED to help some accidental Hugh-esque drones leave their dream world and get free.

Braga must've gone to Rekall to get a lobotomy, what a complete piece of garbage that entire two-parter was.

Oh, and let's not forget, the Borg Queen is like Bathory acting quintessentially EEEVILLE, dissecting and autopsying drones, interrogating and deactivating them while doing bad poses right afterwards.

I go from laughter to anger and back again thinking about how they allowed this shit to get produced.