Why is Finn portrayed as such an imbecile? Why did they ruin him by adding romance and relationship bullshit...

Why is Finn portrayed as such an imbecile? Why did they ruin him by adding romance and relationship bullshit? A character that is goofy and chill doesnt have to be stupid, yet he acted like a fool in front of PB, FP and many other characters many times. They treat him like shit because he is shit.

Did they really have to bring him down so they could go with the adolescence crap? That arc of him getting older and more experienced is a fine idea but it was executed in a harsh way.

How old is he now? Were you a smooth, logical pussy-slayer when you were his age?

This was only a problem in 5B, which is probably why so many people disliked it.

yes

>what are stakes

it was a lot more than 5B

You weren't?

I won't be at any age.

He isn't. They didn't. He isn't, everyone is goofy. No they don't and no he isn't.

Correct.

You have to watch more than 2 seasons to make a judgment.

Hey I hated the romance bullshit as well but I can't undo all the romance stuff they did to him. However itall depends on who you ask and what kind of impact it made on them. I personally can't stand the defenders of the romance arcs, but hey, i'm just one guy with one opinion.

Despite this, Que people making generalizations about other peoople's personal life after this post to bolster their own feelings on both sides.

shaddup

Finn himself was dumb, but his relationships with PB and Marceline were fine. The only people who were upset at how their relationships were portrayed, were people that thought Fubblegum and Finnceline were still viable lol

>Fine
Why you gotta blanket generalize like that. I say Marcy could've been utilized in Finn's arcs more but all you see is shipping goggles

>>what are stakes
A fine miniseries where Finn play the moral compas and stop Marceline from doing something evil.

I say Finn was more of a bothersome, unpatched hole in a ship rather than some sort of anchor in all of stakes

Oh no, I agree totally. But as far as romantic relationships go, it was non-existent for Finn in Stakes.

Finn was pure comic relief in Stakes, and nothing more. I wish they could've had more interaction with Finn and Marceline though.

Stakes puts Marceline at the center stage. that's the point of it.

Still that didn't stop Finn from being a good second gun and be helpful when needed.

>Why is Finn portrayed as such an imbecile
He's a 16 year old that had his formal education which was homeschooling end at the age of 9 or so.

Just how smart do you think he's gonna be?

>Why is Finn portrayed as such an imbecile?
Watch Season 7 and 8. He matured a lot post Stakes

>Why did they ruin him by adding romance and relationship bullshit?
>Did they really have to bring him down so they could go with the adolescence crap?

Blame the writers. One of them even said in a podcast that he realy hated Finn. His opinion on him changed a lot during the production of Season 7.

Finn should have killed Sister Moon or whoever.

You know it all depends on writers right? They could have just made him do different things than bother PB in countless episodes or whatever he was doing.

They did it just to trigger you, user. And I mean you specifically. They know you're shit so they made a character as shit as you so you subconsciously compare his shitness with your own.

Nobody's disputing Marceline being the center of stakes.
>Good second gun
I didn't see it.

Unless you count that hand scene which was a firm slap to people who liked their trio interaction in WWM. Seriously compare WWM to this and you see where i'm coming from.

But he didn't I guess so they could play up his "comedic effect" angle? Eugh puts a bad taste in my mouth.

fuck you user I never asked for him to be as shitty as me

>Watch Season 7 and 8. He matured a lot post Stakes

Good, they redeemed themselves at the end of AT. Great.

Countless episodes were wasted on nothing, now its worth shit.

>Unless you count that hand scene which was a firm slap to people who liked their trio interaction in WWM.

I don't. It was a small bit where Finn was being weird, I didn't take it as anything more than a joke.

>I didn't see it.
Freed Marceline from ice Shackle, assisted her in every fights. Stopped her from doing the irreparable.

Let it rest, man.

and maybe rewatch season 1 and 2. Finn has always been a goof.

>Good, they redeemed themselves at the end of AT. Great.
>redeemed.
There is nothing to redeem except a few bad episodes in season 5.

Finn has been maturing since the beginning.

>Finn should have killed Sister Moon or whoever.
>But he didn't I guess so they could play up his "comedic effect" angle? Eugh puts a bad taste in my mouth.

You do realize she was unkillable, right?

their mission was to bring Sister Moon to Marcie and they did.

It's 100% worth it. And if you don't like the silliness of AT, then I don't know what you did watching AT in the first place.

>Putting your hands on your friends in reassurance that everything'll be alright if they work together when said scene is done at the beginning of Stakes
>weird
>Idiotically stabbing at her for hours instead of just taking her back to PB after a few attempts
Bundled with past arcs, no. I don't buy it.

Was poor bait for the old school vampire, got himself caught by the ice king, almost drops the mushroom bomb, mistaking orders from PB and so on. I'd give you this if he was somewhat stronger and better fighter today than he was then, but I don't think anyone sees that.

No, pic related is putting your hands on friends in reassurance that everything will be alright at the beginning of Stakes.

That scene was a joke where Finn was being weirdly touchy feely. Doesn't matter if it landed or not, the intention is clear.

>>Putting your hands on your friends in reassurance that everything'll be alright if they work together when said scene is done at the beginning of Stakes
>weird
It wans't weird, it just that it wasn't the good time for that. Anyway, it's nothing more than a cute joke. If you really want a straightforward interpretation, it basically express: " wea are planning serious business, now is not the moment, Finn". They don't even react badly or negatively, to Finn, they simply show that now it not the time for group hug.
>Bundled with past arcs, no. I don't buy it.
Then you should rewatch past arc. He does things idiotic more often than once.
>I'd give you this if he was somewhat stronger and better fighter today than he was then, but I don't think anyone sees that.
He literally is. You are fucking blind.

Also, watch season 1 and 2 again. fumbling is something that has recurred a good chunk of time with Finn.

>and maybe rewatch season 1 and 2. Finn has always been a goof.
I could've sword people here were saying the early seasons of AT were their own thing and a separate entity than S3 onwards.

Also, he's a goof that's known to get one over the baddies through brute force or through help of others. Stakes was certainly the latter, but he was surely the weakest link there.

>No, pic related is putting your hands on friends in reassurance that everything will be alright at the beginning of Stakes.
Yes. That and the vamp sucking scene is what I was referring to yes.

>A joke
Nah. Sorry but i'm not convinced. I see him either falling back into his previous dress chasing ways or them being a dick. Didn't need to be put in at all desu.

See above.

I guess their silliness coupled with more "deeper" themes just doesn't grab the attention of people the same way as other shows do.

>He literally is. You are fucking blind.
Nope. Show me how he'd fare better against those vampires this season than in season 7.

>Nah. Sorry but i'm not convinced. I see him either falling back into his previous dress chasing ways or them being a dick. Didn't need to be put in at all desu.
Then read again.

It's simply a joke. them talling now is not the good time Finn.
There
was the good time.

There is nothing dickish going on.

> could've sword people here were saying the early seasons of AT were their own thing and a separate entity than S3 onwards.
Nostalgia Google people, mostly.

All the vampire were fucking OP. That's the whole reason only Marcie could deal with them.

And he probably do better because he has actually learn to fight Vampire since then. In Stakes.

You think i'm warped for think it wasn't a joke and the feeling's mutual coming from me to you thinking it was.
>cute joke on what caused all that depression he went through
no.

That's the thing. A little and I doubt he'll ever gain the power to wreck their shit in the future unfortunately.

Finn was never supposed to be some god-like superhero. He's just a brave human kid with a strong heart and desire to do good.

He's a child that no one treats with respect. He's still just a tool to PB after 7 seasons, it's pathetic.

True, but I do think as the years stack up and he's in his 20s he should be able to firmly throttle a lot of bad dudes that come his way. Especially, ESPECIALLY since we all know that weird grass squid and the lich are gonna combine at some point and that'll be Finn's final boss. Yeah he'll escape by the hair of his shaven chin (thanks BMO), I don't think he's near "VS. MASTER HAND" levels of ready yet. But hey, that's just me.

>>cute joke on what caused all that depression he went through
>no.
The fuck are you on. It has zero fucking relation with Depression. especially as they even high later. All it was about was that it was a "now is not the time" moment played out humorously. that's it.

You read in it something that isn't there.

>A little and I doubt he'll ever gain the power to wreck their shit in the future unfortunately.
He has learned form stakes. He probably know, now.

That isn't true at all, I'm not sure what you're basing that on.

>The fuck are you on. It has zero fucking relation with Depression. especially as they even high later. All it was about was that it was a "now is not the time" moment played out humorously. that's it.
I don't see the humor in it at all. Even if I do see your point I'd think it wasn't a good joke.

>OP claims to be a smooth operator with the ladies when he was 12.

>How old is he now?
I think they said he was 16 in the current season. Either way, he hasn't had a major love interest for a few seasons now.

I mean Finn pretty much was one until all the tug and pull romance arcs having its Genesis around S3. I'm not saying user was, though I don't see how people'd have a problem with girls fawning over Finn

okay.

why?

He got better in season 7 and Islands was fantastic.

Because it's made for children.

All I hope for is an episode like Star vs the Forces of Evil's "Running with Scissors" for Finn.

Hoiw would the show be different if Finn had the intelligence of someone like Dipper from '"Gravity Falls"?

ITT: Troubled fanboys who can't get over a few less than stellar episodes, are incapable of just enjoying a show for how it is, and are angry over not being able to go into 'wish fulfillment' or 'self insert' mode in regards to the main character.

It was the lowest point in the show

If I can't enjoy shit it's the shits fault, how am I supposed to enjoy something that tastes horrible and it's 50% bacteria?

You can thank Homer.

There's Puhoy mate. Or do you want a sequel to that episode?

The average age modern children become sexually active is 13, user

Either a sequel to Puhoy or a future episode similiar to marco's, yes.

This guy gets it.

According to the show he was already mature in Stakes. The miniseries happened like 10 episodes after The Comet.

It makes no sense how Finn went from "I'd like to see this meat reality through" then became more useless and dumb than he was as a 12 year old in Stakes guy.

His mentality is like ragdoll physics. Sometimes he's a grounded individual and can kick ass well, other times he's retarded and can't do anything and can't comprehend anything.

Also called bad continuity.

To be fair, teenagers are pretty retarded.