What are his best films? I just watched Drive and Lars and the Real Girl. What else is good and why?

What are his best films? I just watched Drive and Lars and the Real Girl. What else is good and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stay_(2005_film)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

unironically Blade Runner 2049

only god forgives
place beyond the pines
the nice guys

Murder by Numbers
Stay (I actually mean this one)

Going to see this tomorrow. Sad I was too busy and missed the IMAX run

Crazy stupid love and la la land.

La la land of course.

all good things is pretty underrated.

half nelson

The Nice Guys and Blade Runner 2049.

This. It's his peak acting achievement.

watch literally every movie they're all good

I was surprised by his performance in The Nice Guys. I usually find the Goose very unexpressive, but he had mad charisma in that movie, so it's probably the directors' fault if in some of his movie he's got the expressivity of a cartonboard.

People choose him for those roles because he can do the robot thing convincingly without it becoming edgy. Like for BR 2049 I heard that Villanueve specifically wanted Goose to play K, the role was written for him.

He goes through phases. He did the aloof autist thing for like a decade then did an about face in shit like Other Guys and The Big Short where he played loud talkative jabronies. Dude's got r a n g e

pretty much everything he's in is good on some levels
Even Crazy Stupid Love or La-La land.
Only God Forgives is his most critically panned film and even that deserves one watch

lol, what film is that from?

what movie

nice guys. best buddy cop movie this century and neither of them are cops.

The Nice Guys

this

saw it last night he was ebin

Drive is utter horseshit. Lars and the Real Girl is lowkey fun kino though. Just ignore all his Refn Winding stuff. The Nice Guys is pretty kino too.

Thanks, mate

One of the few scene that made me laugh

My favorite too.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stay_(2005_film)

this movie is underrated. The actual story is retarded but Goose plays a crazy person and there's a bunch of neat trippy scene transitions and a muh twist ending

Anyone remember a movie he was in called Frankenstein and Me ? I used to love it as a kid and it had Burt Reynolds.

OP here, just finished Half Nelson and it was pretty damn good. The ending wasn't as dark as I was expecting, but still very satisfying.