Other than Alien and Blade Runner, which of his flicks are worth watching?

Other than Alien and Blade Runner, which of his flicks are worth watching?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y1OwvcGLGaM
youtube.com/watch?v=ZgjLJSuGPt8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

All of them except A Good Year, which was trash.
Gladiator and Black Hawk Down are particularly good.

It is Godtier

Unironically Prometheus. Garbage movie but actually pretty comfy to immerse yourself in the whole thing and think about what went wrong and what could have been. Other than that, nothing.

Legend
White Squall
Black Rain
Gladiator
Matchstick Men
American Gangster
The Martian

Hannibal and Black Hawk Down were meh.

fuck you, it was good and good natured

you just suck

Kingdom of Heaven: Directors Cut

Find the director's cut of Kingdom of Heaven.

Legend is worth checking out for the visuals. It's basically Opera aesthetics transferred to film and it doesn't really work.

A lot of his movies are just movie-of-the-week fodder with high production values. His brother Tony was actually better at raising commercial movies to a higher pop culture plane. It's just that Ridley managed to knock out a few legitimate "best movies of all time" classics.

the duellists you philistines

it's like a spiritual companion piece to barry lyndon

this guy gets it

From those I've seen:

The Duellists
Gladiator

Kingdom of Heaven, Body of Lies, American gangster, black hawk down were meh.

Robin hood sucked

i've seen nearly all of his movies and the only two i would ever consider rewatching are alien and blade runner

read the screenplay for the counselor but don't watch the movie. instead imagine what a good director could have done with it.

Blade Runner isn't even worth watching since 2049 came out and is superior in every way.

I'm tempted to go back and watch Alien one more time since realising how much of a hack fraud Scott is just to see if I still like it.

Each one of his films has been successful despite him, not because of him.

>Kingdom of Heaven: Directors Cut

it would be the perfect film but they made one wrong decision by way of casting orlando bloom

His over 2000 commercials

>Blade Runner isn't even worth watching since 2049 came out and is superior in every way.

kys

>All of them
Pretty much. Don't be a pleb, op.

>except A Good Year, which was trash
Worth seeing for the comfy setting

>it's like a spiritual companion piece to barry lyndon
Yeah it's like Barry Lyndon but shit

It's not sci-fi so I couldn't give a shit. It's just some dumb film about fags in silly costumes

Yes
youtube.com/watch?v=Y1OwvcGLGaM

>A Good Year was trash
fuck you buddy

The Counselor fucking rocks

You don't have to call it a garbage movie if you enjoyed watching it. It's not garbage, it does some things very well. People just get riled up about how it relates to previous Alien movies.

Orlando Bloom was Kit Harington before Kit Harington was a thing

Unironically his finest work.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZgjLJSuGPt8

I absolutely agree with this.

Orlando Bloom was so high on his stoic Legolas game. But that only works in a supporting character. There was no emotional depth to Ibelin whatsoever.

Imagine Ewan McGregor in that role. Or someone else who can emote and act.

Pre-sober Colin Ferrel.

Orlando Bloom has the look, but he has almost no charisma.

hahaha. he's a doddering legend

>All of them

>1492 is so historically inaccurate it's painful. Lovely Vangelis theme, though...
>Hannibal is compromised by the dopey De Laurentiis gutting the Mischa subplot from the source novel to try and spin off a young Hannibal movie (which flopped), in addition to trying to "rescue" Starling from Hannibal's influence and stripping out the Margot/Barney subplot. Fuller's Hannibal series fixed most of that...

The unicorn scene in Blade Runner is genius, fight me nerds

I like most of his early 2000s output:
Gladiator
Black Hawk Down
American Gangster
Kingdom of Heaven

I even enjoyed Hannibal upon re-evaluating it recently. Not masterpieces, but they're great movies with strong, individual visual identities (well, maybe not Hannibal). In my opinion it was with Body of Lies he started the descent into meh-dom, culminating with the garbage and completely unnecessary Robin Hood. The Martian was up there with the above movies though.

As for his older works it's:
Alien
Blade Runner
The Duellists
Thelma & Louise

Black Rain and 1492 are OK but not that memorable and kind of unintentionally silly. Legend is a piece of crap movie, but it has some great-looking shots and imagery and gave us two great soundtracks so I forgive it for that.

It's mediocre.

>Garbage movie but actually pretty comfy to immerse yourself in the whole thing and think about what went wrong and what could have been
This, though I feel the same way about Covenant too.
Ridley makes some top tier cozy-kino.

I still haven't been able to make myself re-watch Covenant. I thought it really went off the deep end.