Between Batman Beyond, The Killing Joke, and The Lego Batman Movie...

Between Batman Beyond, The Killing Joke, and The Lego Batman Movie, why the fuck is WB trying to make Bruce/Babs a thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

refinery29.com/2017/02/140326/lego-batman-movie-romance-batgirl),
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This is what happens when people who don't understand romance are given characters they don't understand.

Why are romances even needed?

Some people don't know how to write anything without using them.

One of the problems with The Killing Joke movie, is that it feels like somewhere down the line somebody couldn't comprehend why Bats would care about Babs so much if he wasn't shacking up with her, and wanted to force a romance to "raise the stakes" and make the impact of Bats finding out Babs had been crippled more powerful. They didn't seem to realize that there are other kinds of strong meaningful relationships that a grown man can have with a non relation post pubescent female that don't involve romance or fucking.

A majority of people like romantic subplots

I haven't seen LBM yet but isn't it supposed to be that the joke mostly that Batman thinks he needs a love interest but she doesn't care about him rather than playing the ship straight?

Two words, friendo: Marketing synergy.

Take Spider-Man. Pretty cool guy, right? eh fights goblins and doesn't afraid of anything. You would be hard pressed to find any bloke that's not down with that friendly neighborhood wallcrawler.

Now imagine that Spider-Dick entering a Spider-Woman. In and out. Again and again. She fights it at first, but is eventually overtaken by her own passion and roiling body chemistry. She craves the Spider-Dick now, screaming at him to pound her harder.

Spider-Man slaps her to maintain dominance and takes her doggy style, finishing five minutes later, calling her a whore before webslingin' out of there.

Think how many Spider-Man lunchboxes you wanted before that scene, and about how many you wanted afterwards. Now you get it.

Haven't seen it yet either, but I took the trailers to imply it was your typical "protagonist has obvious crush on character but character is completely oblivious, and they probably eventually hook up in the end." Maybe LBM will play it different in the actual movie, but the trailers make it look like the usual formula.

I've seen at least one review say the trailers were misleading in that regard (refinery29.com/2017/02/140326/lego-batman-movie-romance-batgirl), but I don't want to read too many and spoil myself.

Because its a natural part of the human life. But writing it just goes in circles.

Don't worry, the director of Lego Batman dislikes that ship

I'll spoil it for you all.

Barbara never gets with Bruce in LBM. The entire crush thing is played as a joke.

Because it's the only way to give female characters any kind of development.

Bruce Timm really likes it. He worked on BB and The Killing Joke.

The only woman worthy of bats is wonderwoman. every female comic book fan knows this. having babs get the bat-D is akin to the power fantasy for boys.

WW doesn't deserve such pain

Who are the acceptable Batships? Is Zatanna okay?

Why doesn't Batman just get a girlfriend? He's fucking rich and I'm sure women would find his toned physique attractive. Was he really just lusting for Joker booty? Why doesn't he get a girlfriend?

He's married to Justice.

No, Zatanna should be with Superman. Her dad premiered in AC #1 too and you can play on the cutesy "one of his only vulnerabilities is magic" thing.

Catwoman is the only acceptable long term ship for Bruce and even it isn't that good. He deserves to die alone.

Watch Batman Beyond.

Because she's a girl and Robin is nothing but a joke outside the comics.

That leaves putting her with Batman.

Well, relationships are a normal part of life, which I guess you people have no understanding of.
However, in this case, it's just tacked on.

I'm only ok with Bruce / Barbara if it shifts her age up enough to make Barbara/Dick /ss/

Watch Mask of Phantasm.

Literally every time Batman gets a girlfriend he nearly dies

Did you read Batman RIP?

Because sex sells, look at GoT.

What went so wrong in your life that you actually hold opinions like this?

They make fun of BruceBabs and Batjokes.

Except the books were popular before the series and are unfappable in comparison.

Probably because she is an established bat character and they don't want to have to introduce kathy kane and then explain to phlebs that there was more than one kathy kane and the one he is fucking isnt a blood relative.

because its hot and it hearkens back to the 60s batman show which is nostalgia

yes but the joke is that he wants to sleep with babs not that the relationship is terrible
In fact batman in LBM is a terrible person who isn't aware of this fact that's why they don't hook up

why does he need a girlfriend when he can live the american dream and have all the unattached sex he wants

I don't know what I just read, but I'm glad I read it.

I love how much it triggers people. People act like it's the only thing that happened in killing joke, like it was the focus of the entire movie.

There's a running gag of Batman finding her hot and her finding him obnoxious. The movie does a very blatant lampshading gag of Batman stating the "relationship" is 100% unrequited and purely platonic.

The Lego Batman Movie seemed to be staunchly against the Bruce/Babs pairing though.

>My platonic workbuddy who may be a girl but is just a friend.

Because the last time he got a girlfriend she drugged him, raped him, gave birth to his child in her secret Himalayan ninja fortress, trained him to be a bite-sized assassin and tried to get him to kill his own father.

I'm no expert on romantic relationships, but I'm pretty sure all of that is generally considered red flag material.

it was the only NEW thing

or is that the first time youve ever seen that story?

Bruce and Barbara were already a thing in Batman 66.

To Bruce, Barbara is just girl-not-to-be-taken-seriously.

>why the fuck is WB
>WB
You mean, Bruce Timm and Eric Radomsk.