Seriously

*blocks your path*

"Authority is not given to you to deny the return of the Kang,"

>15 years
>remake time!
This is the world we live in now. If Christopher Tolkien lets them do this shit then I will have lost all respect for him. Not that I think he shouldn't allow them but because he's been so adamant about it earlier and actually disliked the Jackson films.

This is gonna be a fucking shitshow.

wtf does the Tolkien estate have to do with any of this?
They havent had any part of the LOTR rights for over 50 years

WE WUZ NUMENORIANS N SHIEEET

Hopefully this time we can get some more info on the economics of Middle Earth. Here's hoping for a scene discussing trade embargoes on Mordor.

WW WUZ DINDUNADIN

>I will have lost all respect for him
I'm sure he's concerned about that.

Adapt Shadow of Mordor or some other story set in that universe. It's obvious the original trilogy won't be topped.

>lord of the rings tv series
This can't go well.

Just do another story, the silmarillion might be too chaotic to adapt but they could easily do a story on the children of hurin or something on numenor.

>G-galadriel

this, Tolkien sold the rights to the LotR franchise because he didn't think it would be commercially successful in the long run for some reason

WB owns the rights. He can't do shit.

too young, better as Eowyn

I didn't imply that he did. What he did seem concerned about was protecting his fathers legacy.

But only for lotr and the hobbit right?

They should set it in not Africa and recenter the movie around the KANGZ of middle earth defending against colonialism

Unironically would watch.

>Legoloas

This
He could do shit about their WE WUZ KANGDOOR N SHEET in shadow of war

>we wont let anyone shit on our fathers legacy
>hey heres some money we want to do a we wuz kangs version of LOTR on tv
>SURE HERE YA GO

This is so wrong. Why can't they make a series based on Silmarillion?

tolkien estate luckily will never sell the rights

Zendaya as Frodo
Lena Dunham as Sam
Leslie Jones as Legolas
Idris Elba as Viggo
Idris Elba as Boromir
Morgan Freeman as Gandalf the Black
Rihanna as Lady G
Tom Cruise as Gimli

I think so but that's enough.

>people acting as if Amazon does the same shit Netflix does

It's more that the industry as a whole seems to be going in that direction.

Great writers tend to be bad businessmen. It’s why most great writers died broke while hacks like Stephen King and JK Rowling are billionaires.

So, how many of the characters can we expect to be black? And will Legolas+Gimli, Frodo+Sam or Pippin+Merry actually be openly gay this time?

Aragon for sure. He's a rugged outsider that gets with the pure Elf, whose people are steadily disappearing from the world.

Diverse

Accurate guesses can be made only after he hear something about the crew. But surely all the villains will remain white.

All but maybe two.

I AM NO MAN

*puts a hex on you*

same guy from the Sopranos thread I assume?

More like "I'm no Human"

Everyone has a selling point eventually

>michelle forbes will never ever wack you in the balls with her handbag and then mock you afterwards
life is suffering

RETURN OF THA KANG

>it began with the forging of the great blingz

Can we all just stop and think about the fact its actually been 15 years!!!

Fucking hell, i didd nothing with my life.

NO *clears through* A WHITE FUCKING MALE CAN KILL ME
t. Witch Kang of Tumblr

>I was the first one who posted this news here and open the pandora box for years if the show finally happening

Enjoy the ride :^)

If this and Witcher both go through and get ruined ....

Looks like diversity is back on the menu boys

nope I did

She still looks good these days, you improve your looks, get some money and you might get your chance.

>Oh no! Time passes.

How old were you when Return of the King came out? It's not like you're around 50+ years old now, are you?

A remake this soon sounds as stupid as that The Mist tv show the shat out earlier this year. It will absolutely get ruined.

What are they supposed to improve over Jackson's film anyway? They'll probably just stay closer to the source material but it's not like Jackson took out a lot of things, longest bit was the whole Saruman on The Shire part but that really doesn't sound like a good way to end a film trilogy or tv series.

>I am the elf now

>Alt-redditors already whining
Based

If they go through with it i would think there is going to be side characters and side plots upon side plots. I just don't see how you can compete on an epic macro scale with lotr movies

>you might get your chance.
>implying I can compete with the guy of gisbourne from 2006 bbc's quran quoting robin hood

At last we'll see actual homosexuality in LOTR universe, even if that was already heavily implied in the flicks.

Who will boyega inevitably play as?

I will just sit here and enjoy all this impotent bitching from you guys

It's not gonna work because the original CGI hasn't aged.

Arabawmbay, last of the Nubianoreans.

Amazon makes shit

Plus the remake will definitely be flooded with unnecessary (and poor quality) CGI, places like Helm's Deep and Gondor were miniatures, and pretty much all scenes where Treebeard was close to the camera were made with a 1:1 animatronic.

why not silmarillion tv series?

tolkiens estate isn't releasing the rights

Get up lil' hobbit niggas. You fools bows to no one.

This is Magic Johnson's son, your new Galandriel

eowyn isnt supposed to be pretty

>Tfw

>eowyn isnt supposed to be pretty
shes literally the beauty of the mark

Underrated

Screw that, hire Martin Freeman and do The Hobbit properly first.

No spooks pls.

Christopher Tolkien is a bastard who's oversensitive to his father's work. Disowned family members who liked the movies and even The Hobbit is treated like the biggest masterpiece of at least Beowulf proportions. I doibt JRR Tolkien would share this view.

underrated

Kek

Would watch

Of course he's oversensitive. Christopher bitching about inconsistencies in his bedtime stories as a little kid is why his father even wrote The Hobbit down.

First Too Old to Die Young, now Lord of the Rings. Prime and chill the new Netflix. Jeff is going to take us all to the moon.

>entire new movie based on super hero niggers being superior
>ONE uppity nigger in hollywood says he's mad that Lord of The Rings is too white
>is allowed to ruin LOTR just to appease niggers who aren't even going to go watch it

Do you people still seriously not agree with Sup Forums? We aren't even allowed to have our own movies anymore

oh man

stop. inb4 he's trabsgender haradrim

Fuck off retard. Christopher is responsible for books like the Silmarillion and Children of Hurin.

If any new adaptations are like the hobbit (protip: they'll be even worse) then he's damn right not to give the rights. Let Tolkien's work rest in piece, last thing it needs is hollywood sharks using it as a money cow.

underrated

They better put some transgender characters in there, if they go through with this.

Shadowfax

>catch aids
>turn my son into a faggot
wew

TO FINANCIAL RUIN

AND GRATUITOUS DIVERSITY

>"You may meet a friend of mine on the Road: a Man, lean, dark, tall, by some called Strider."

I hope you're ready for Idris Elba, guys.

Please no.

Will there finally be some Tom Bombadil scenes?

I would watch the fuck out of a black parody of LOTR. Surprised someone hasn't tried it yet. As long as it both lampooned the material but at times took itself seriously it would be fucking great.

It could work if they make it extremely accurate to the books, keeping as much original dialogue as possible, and not skipping any scenes. Even with "diverse" casting that wouldn't leave too much room to screw it up with modern politics. The second they deviate from the material it will be shit.

The biggest red flag is that it is the studio trying to make it happen and not a dedicated show runner or production crew developing it and shopping it around.

Helm's Deep was actually built in a quarry too.

I'd dig it if it was done by the same people who made Black Dynamite.

Is this real?

So it's real, but it doesn't seem diverse enough.

he's a big guy