Why is video game trailer cgi always better craftedl and kino than actual cgi movies?

Why is video game trailer cgi always better craftedl and kino than actual cgi movies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jSJr3dXZfcg
youtu.be/dNFGJQIW5ZM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's not. Put any of these CGI characters next to live action ones and they'll look like the cartoons they are

>>>

yeah, no shit, it's cgi, that's the same with actual cgi movies. did you read the OP wrong or something? I didn't even bring up realism, there's just overall better craftmanship in cgi trailers than cgi film, whether we talk expressiveness, cinematography or visual fidelity
no, this is more about movies than it is about games

but that picture looks like shit?

incorrect.

Stop shilling this shit? What is this? Warcraft? Nobody cares about warcraft. Stop.

THEY ARE BRINGING BACK CLASSIC WOW

WOOOO WOOO WOOO

shilling what? I think the trailer is incredible from an artform perspective, don't give a shit about the game, focus, nigger

Saged and Reported. Children are not allowed here go play your videogames somewhere else you fucking degenerate

Because video games trailers are 60 fps and actual movies are only 24 fps, which makes the cgi look like choppy shit

>video game trailers are 60 fps
what, I don't think that's accurate

WHy is there so much posting abot Warcraft lately? Did they finally announce wc4 or something

blizzcon has just happened so they announced all the new stuff.
This thread isn't about warcraft though, I could have used Witcher trailers as an example too, or some other shit. it's a general rule, the new warcraft trailer is just a good example.
youtube.com/watch?v=jSJr3dXZfcg

Holyshit way to miss the point

It's Sup Forumsedditors. They keep on making 60fps is superior threads, I'll pirate this purse threads, and warcraft threads.

the trailer isn't even 60 fps, you retard, how could it possibly be about that?

Your "movie" looks like shit Sup Forumsedditors.

I don't even go to Sup Forums. why are you guys being this defensive, did they hurt your feelings?

Because the video game trailer is a trailer, which go for 4/5 minutes tops, as opposed to something movie length?

Your degenerate videogame shit looks like degenerate videogame shit.
Pretty sure you never noticed CGI in a Fincher film. The Social Network has more VFX shots than the 2014 Godzilla

Movies have bigger budgets than trailers, surely

this was easily the least interesting cinematic blizzard has made yet, especially in terms of cinematography (which the company formerly excelled at). this looks like a fucking arena skirmish when it is should be one of the largest infantry conflicts in the history of that world. there isn't even a line of progression to the writing, it's literally just a couple retaliations, no theme or anything of that sort.

Still not enough to justify that level of quality.

It would take too much time and far too much money to be worth it unless they knew 100% that the movie was going to absolutely drown in praise and sales.

Because CGI movies are generally larger and often has a higher budget. This means that a consistant high-quality picture is way more affordable for a CGI trailer than it is for lengthy movies

This, I get the idea that people play both sides so you can't have someone solid to root for, it has to be both, but overall it just has no real emotional backing to it, Sylvanas just says something vague about war being what makes them strong and we have no idea what's actually driving this conflict.

The trailer just tries to shove some patriotism in both sides without us knowing or caring what they're fighting for or why.

it's about anduin accepting he's not supposed/doesn't need to lead like his father

The resurrection spell looked fucking amazing though

Doesn't really feel like that, I mean, he doesn't try to stop the fight or anything, he just resurrects everyone and continues.

He's still going to war with the horde just like his father, the only difference, at least in the trailer, is that he's weaker physically but stronger magically, that's it, not really much difference in the way they lead being shown.

Why don't we ever see quality all CGI movies? Did Beowulf really soil the water that badly?

I cant help but to think video game film adaptations and maybe even some books would often turn out better all CG rather than live action.

Is it a matter of cost?

the new lion king, presumably will be like that

>Is it a matter of cost?

Yeah the budgets are too large, you may as well just make a Live Action film since they make more money

> Is it a matter of cost?

Yes, top quality CGI would require a pretty damn large budget, so no one wants to make one unless they are at least 80% sure it'll be a big hit, that's basically why Disney/Pixar are the only western companies that do CG productions consistently, because they know they'll get they're money back.

especially anduins expression through it. what a qt3.14

Very much a matter of cost
Higher budget doesn't necessarily mean the animation will be significantly better, since there are plenty of other things which needs to be paid for

Lengthy animations needs a very long time to be made, the more people you hire, the shorter time you need for the basic animation.
Truly refining every single texture and 3d model takes a long fucking time, especially keeping in mind you need to uphold a special artstyle to have it feel consistant

The last one was hecking terrible. licensed music was such a bad choice

>scene that women will never understand

>always
Except for a few Blizzard CGI shorts most video games have terrible CGI trailers, and even Blizzard's are shit nowadays.

Daily reminder

Wrong

>implying this scene isn't as feminine as it's possible for a male to be
pathetic

healing is female's territory

Yeah, also he's portraying emotions which males can't

Because you have the sensibilities of a retarded child

cute femboy

>Resurrection is feminine

compassion, humanity and nurturing/healing is feminine.
Men wouldn't understand that scene

Old but still kino in my opinion

youtu.be/dNFGJQIW5ZM

blizz-shills, you're the oldest and most obvious shills on the internet, please stop.

real answer: because they spend like a year making their 60 second spots. Doesn't take a genius to see why that wouldn't be possible for a movie.

Then why Jesus resurrection is the most famous myth in history?

I don't see how that's relevant. it just proves god is a woman

But God made man in his image. Women is from Adam rib

Women can't resurrect, they can only passively create or destroy

>femboy uses girl magic to rez everyone cause he cant take the feeling of loss (womans emotions)

Man meaning human.
Adam was a girlyboy

Funnilly enough in the Warcraft movie, it was the human characters that look wonky.

>women knowing what loss feels like

That's a laugh

is that the paladin special move from WC3?

No, it's that instant AoE heal Holy Priests have.

Women are more emotionally complex than you'll ever be, sausage

>this or fatan
mmm

Good CGI is simply so much better.

When will Americans stop ripping off great British franchises like Tolkien and Warhammer? Are they so devoid of original ideas themselves?

I have never seen another fantasy war hammer action as good as this one.

Really feels he's pushing the big guys left and right with powerful blows