Why don't you ship them Sup Forums?

Why don't you ship them Sup Forums?

because SM/WW is fucking stupid the only reason people put them together is because they have similar powers and one has a penis while the other has a vagina

But why is it stupid?

I'm not against it in every context, but no one ever plays up the most interesting dynamic and what makes Clark's romances work (farm boy way in over his head). It's literally just the Superman and Wonder Woman identities together with basically no depth. And there have been enough attempts that this should not be the case. For whatever reason those who propagate it don't seem to understand or explore either character and thus it's not worthwhile.

There's a reason their solos ignored it except to shit on it (even during the fucking Doomed crossover that included the SMWW containment book you came away thinking Clark/Lois was more important).

Because Wonder Woman is always written like shit when they're together

at least it's not as bad as Batman/WW

Because they're both perfect, immortal beings. They're characterized much better when romantically paired with mortal normies because that will bring them down to a gentler, more human level. Otherwise you're just slapping two action figures together.

Vagina IS stupid dude. Sup'bat better

Part of the appeal to Superman to me is that, for all his godmode superpowers, he tends to see himself as human, especially in some of my favorite Supes comics. That's part of why the relationship with Lois Lane works so well -- he falls in love with a perfectly normal, average human. Superman/WW romance tends to emphasize their superhuman-ness, which is just not what I like to see in Supes.

I also like the idea of Wonder Woman/Steve Trevor, but I honestly haven't read enough WW comics to have a really informed opinion there.

1)No mortal SO to keep them grounded.
2)Their personalities get re-written to get them together. They aren't themselves.

Lois is usually depicted as hot and intelligent so calling her normal/average is hardly fair.

Because they don't have THAT good of chemistry.
WW is very playful where SM is pretty straightforward and enjoys having fun but isn't actually as mischievous as BM or WW

Fair enough. But I guess I still see a difference between her and another superhero.

>Otherwise you're just slapping two action figures together.
To the extent which DC writes them, this.

Thsts not superman.
Hes the man who can be power hungry but his upbringing stops him. Hes never in over his head because he has Lois, Ma and Pa etc.
In SMWW they take all that away because they misinterpret WW as power hungry and Supes has to be the one to btmring her completely down and submissive WHILE propping him up as her tamer.
You should never fo that if you want a couple on equal level

But I already do.

I liked the pairing but I kind of agreed with the anons saying it was half asses and rushed. Didn't really see and development between them except for one annual (pic related)

Because this place is a shithole full of tasteless virgins

Because the only reason they get together is because they're both strong.

It was the worst part of Kingdom Come and Waid should be punished for his mistake.

Because one of the great things about WW is how she reverses the usual "Men = stronger" situation. Sticking her in a relationship with the only man on the planet stronger than her subverts a core aspect of her character.

She is much better paired with someone she has to protect.

shipfags are the worst, you want romance go read 50 shades of shit

FPBP

Shipping Superman and Wonder Woman seems like shipping Vanilla Ice Cream with Ice Water.

BAtman and WW was better

Isn't Sup supposed to be the strongest ? How do he keep getting fucked up by everyone.

You read romance novels with dashing pirates that look like fabio on the cover don't you

autist universe

It is a shit pairing but it triggers retards so I don't mind it either.

Because he is Clark Kent first, and Superman second. So I ship the guy Clark loves, which is Lois Lane.

Superman has a tendency to hold back. WW doesn't. Also it's Injustice, it being retarded is part of its charm.

>mfw I can't show my love for this ship without triggering some Bat/Won faggot

I think he deserves better (not lois, fuck that cunt)

>Superman is an ordinary guy with extraordinary power
>Batman is an extraordinary guy with ordinary powers
>Wonder Woman is an extraordinary person with extraordinary powers

Wonder Woman is fucking boring and Batman/Superman is the best ship.

I fucking hate this argument that they need a human to make them more "human", no they do not.

You treat them like they are a mirror and Lois or Steve are going to make them realize what humanity is. That is disrespectful as fuck, they are living and thinking beans, they live, they learn, they commit mistakes, they do not and will never need a human to make them humane.

Well they constantly need batman to make sure their brats dont go power heavy.
And not really about making them human but keeping them that way. And WW always makes sure Supes turns away from beig on level with others and that he should be above everyone including her.

I think the most offensive thing here is Harley next to a bunch of heroes.

Have you not played the game?

Her personality is very similar to Lois (strong willed tomboys with a strong sense of justice). But she doesn't connect Superman to his Clark persona like Lois does. She provides him connection to a normal human and a connection to the Daily Planet.

It also wasn't written well and felt very forced.

I can see this working. But for it to work you wold have to have her date Clark instead of Superman. You would have to see how Wonder Woman gets along with that side of him. What makes Lois work so well is that she has chemistry with both Clark and Superman.

What they should have done was have Superman introduce her to the Kents and Smallville and see how she reacts around people. That would be interesting to read, just Diana talking to the Kents and making food with Martha while Clark helps Pa with the tractor.

They don't need a human to make them human but when they ARE human like Clark sees himself ignoring that aspect is highly foolish, which is what generally happens with SMWW.

She's normal compared to an immortal amazon with the power of gods from a fantasy island who flies.

I don't have to, it's already canon.

The kents are dead tho.

> they misinterpret WW as power hungry and Supes has to be the one to btmring her completely down and submissive WHILE propping him up as her tamer.

This is the worst part. She should be kind of strong willed and he should be kind of passive, that's generally how his relationship works with Lois, but she shouldn't depicted as a loose cannon who wants Superman to cross lines.

Because they feel like cousins.

It's almost as if several different writers handle the character...

I'd rather see Superman fuck Supergirl

>implying the entire Justice League aren't friends with benefits and have social orges to relieve stress

yeah, yeah, they're not 'heroes', sorry. But in generally i just kind of ignore Injustice, despite it having some ideas i liked.

Don't let continuity nonsense get in the way of a good story. I'd kill for a story of Clark and Diana going to Smallville for a date.

Nobody wants to watch Chad and Stacy together.

That's what normies like Olympic athletes do, not heroes who are supposed to be better than the average person. Some would be sluts but not everyone.

But you can never have Supes be submissive to someone equal to him in casual eyes. Its passes with Lois because shes human but not WW because of the 'she can take it' mentality

WW is too nice for him, loving submission is not the right fit. He need someone who can bully him around which is why he goes for Lana and Lois and the non-Superbook ships for him are people like Batman and Catwoman.

Batman/Wonder Woman>Batman/Superman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Superman/Wonder Woman

His whole gimmick from the golden age onward is that he's the biggest guy in the room but hides his power level because he wants to fit in and know what its like to be human.

>His equal

Just have the story flat out say what's been implied forever-that he's stronger than Wonder Woman.

>Catwoman

...You know, that actually wouldn't be half bad I think...

>Batman/Wonder Woman>Batman/Superman

There is literally no BMWW story as romantic as this issue. Revise your post.

Because he likes Lois.

Bad writing.

This.

Wonder Woman's character gets sacrificed so Superman can be the more level headed one.

Despite Wonder Woman being all about love and compassion.

Nope, she's now a hot-headed warrior demigod princess.

This, there's no BM/WW or SM/WW issue that even gets close to the best BM/SM stories.

Also Bruce didn't cry for Diana when she died the same way he did for Clark.

She died?

Out of all the replies, yours is the only good one.

The rest are retarded.

Original is always the best

No. I dont

I actually like this pairing more since they kinda established n52 Superman as his own character with the return of the previous Superman. Seeing n52 Superman as "another" Superman while the regular Superman is still with Lois makes it okay for me.

Which is obviously a juvenile way to look at it, but it made me appreciate the pairing more.

Because they have nothing about them that is remotely interesting. There's no chemistry no contrast, and nothing that it does that can't be done with their ACTUAL love interest. All it does is affect characters, stories and books negative. It's a shit ship for casuals and it's awful.

This is dumb considering he dumped WW and was ready to hop in bed with his Lois before the death arc. And the SMWW relationship as written was quite awful, so bad that WW dismissed it entirely and basically just called him a fuckbuddy.

You're basically saying because it's not muh you don't care if it's shit.

>at least it's not as bad as Batman/WW
It's really not tho. BM/WW is small in scale and never develops as an actual relationship. It's usually just a story of two of them flirting or subtly caring for each other that resolve in of itself. SM/WW is way worse because it sticks around much, much longer and is shoved down people throats. Not to much the approach they go with it. That is melodramatic bullshit. That's not to say that BM/WW is that much better written, but it's just the lesser of two evils.

Superman and Wonder Woman add nothing to each other. They have no chemistry, they spark no drama together that compels me to care about their relationship, their basic interactions are bland, and they're so similar that they're practically like brother and sister. The only reason anyone would back this couple is because it's more plausible, but comics aren't about what's more plausible. They're about what's more interesting, engaging, and unique. Batman and Wonder Woman would be the best ship possible if you had to ship her with someone in the JL.

I'd like the Aquaman ship if it wouldn't cuck Mera. You'd get some political drama in there.

I'd be down with this. Hell, don't even have SM/WE interacting all that much, their relationship should focus on Clark and Diana, because that's who they truly are.

>But she doesn't connect Superman to his Clark persona like Lois does

Just like how Lois commonly doesn't connect Clark to his Superman persona

The real problem is the writer always write the same relationship that does not relate to humanity.

Looks like something a autistic kid from Deviant art made. Sm/WW is already shitty enough, don't be posting that kind of shit.

Sauce?

>Despite Wonder Woman being all about love and compassion

That hasn't been a thing in a LONG time now. Any time they do try to bring it back they just completely undermine it immediately. Honestly as a character she's just inconsistent as fuck.

So they turn her into Xena.

The real choice is always going to be Lois, get over it. People that like WW are lesbians.

The Smallville continuation comic. Season 11.

Lois and Supes was always going to happen in the new 52. Hell, Johns even originally had the ship happen because he wanted to do a injustice type storyline where their breakup leads to crazy shit happening.

Super heros dating each other seems kind of silly. Like death,it's not a permanent thing if it doesn't sell well.

But marketing is stronger