The Flash has a TV show and DC has been making animated movies for years

>The Flash has a TV show and DC has been making animated movies for years
>We still don't have any of The Flash's most iconic stories told outside of their comics

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=atuFSv2bLa8
dc.wikia.com/wiki/Flash_Vol_2
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They're all Wally West stories, so..

They are doing their best to steal Terminal Velocity

Animated movies are only Justice League or Batman stories now.

The Flash show is just another CW teen drama that fools you into thinking it's about the Flash comic

Sucks that they missed the opportunity to adapt Sinestro Corps War when GL was big.

wtf is wrong with you plebs, they are already comics, why do you need them retold? Its a true mark of a casual when you think one medium is better than the other.

The tv show has been taking liberties but it definitely draws heavily from Waid's run.

It's mostly just speed force. I don't see where it's drawn from Waid's run -- it gets most of its shit from Johns. Rebirth, Flashpoint, Thawne, all Johns' interpretations.

What part of the show is Waid inspired?

There's nothing wrong with wanting to see someone else's take on a concept. What can I say? I love Elseworlds.

How about Jay mentoring Barry, Barry always being late, and Wally being Barry's apprentice while becoming his own hero? It's literally Waids and Johns runs. Like I said they take liberties but thematically they hit the same beats.

>Barry always being late
Yes, truly an innovation

Because there's a certain degree in "job security" for heroes who's story gets retold in other media.

Who said anything about it being an innovation? It comes from Waid's run.

>Jay mentoring Barry, Barry always being late, and Wally being Barry's apprentice while becoming his own hero

Thats like the first 30 years of publicationn of the Flash, what the fuck are you talking about.

That's lik saying that Byrne invented Kryptonite becaused he used it in a story.

>It comes from Waid's run.

They dont though, those are just Flash staples. Every writer has touched on that shit.

>It comes from Waid's run.
The Flash being late is a cheap joke that's been around since the Silver Age. Maybe even the Golden Age.

Never trust a Waidfag. He did good stuff but they don't even acknowledge WML setting the table.

Literally none of those things are Waid. Jay and Barry is Fox, Barry being late is Fox, Wally being Barry's apprentice is Fox.

Wally hasn't done any "living up to the memory of my mentor" stuff that was synonymous with Waid. You clearly don't know what you're talking about. Waid's run doesn't work with Barry, that's why there's barely anything there. Just the Speed Force that they ripped from Wally and stapled onto Barry without understanding why Waid made the Speed Force.

Waid wasn't even born when most of the stuff you're saying was introduced. That's all from the 1950s (and I guess Wally being a sidekick was literally January 1st 1960).

Wally becoming his own hero is nothing like how Waid did it. Because they're not killing Barry, which was kind of important.

Sounds more like John Broome than Mark Waid, dude.

He literally worked with WML before he came in to set up Linda and Wally's relationship.

WML basically tied up all his own loose ends leading to the end of his run so Waid could do his own thing. Waid was working with him as an assistant editor.

Go fucking read WML's farewell letter from his Flash run you bullshitting fuck.

The twist here a person close to Flash is actually Reverse Flash/the main bad guy is ripped straight out The Return of Barry Allen

That's not the point of The Return of Barry Allen.

Your ally betraying you isn't something Waid explicit. Johns did it with Hunter Zolomon and that's much more in line with the show than The Return of Barry Allen, which is more about the main character's insecurities with not being as good as his now back-from-the-dead mentor.

It's The RETURN of Barry Allen, not the betrayal of Barry Allen. Thawne also betrayed Wally like halfway through the story.

Well, yeah. He isn't Batman.
Warner Brothers knows that nothing but Batman is marketable.

I would argue TV show didn't do any of two. Hunter was genuinely a good guy turned evil while Wellsobard was a bitch in sheep's clothing. But it's definitely more inspired by Hunter than TRoBA.

Yeah, like I said "Ally was secretly a traitor the whole time" isn't a Waid thing. Eobard thought he was a good guy for the first half of the arc because he brainwashed himself.

The show has little to do with Waid because Barry is not Wally (as much as they might try to make him Wally) and isn't in the same situation Wally was. The main tennets of Waid's Flash are nowhere to be found in the show, for good reason desu.

If you want to do a Waid Flash series it'd have to be about Wally because Waid was very deep into Wally's life and situation. Sadly, I hope this never happens because Wally's actor is abysmal and could never carry a show.

Why would you want remakes of existing stories in other mediums? Are comics not good enough for you? Do you just generally love remakes?

Getting what you like in a new medium is great.

When LOTR movies were announced did you just stick your thumb in your ass and tell people "UH WHY DO YOU WANT REMAKES LUL"?

>flash
>iconic stories
there's a reason for that

I'm positive the writers have never read Waid's Flash, everything they do is from Johns' run, which of course uses stuff from all the previous runs.

Yeah. It's quite cringeworthy to watch honestly. The characters are nothing like how they should be aside from their names only.

>tfw Flash is on his way to being a Flagship albeit a rickety one

Don't fuck it up, DC.

except it wont be an iconic flash story, it will be 3 iconic flash stories slammed together in one movie, with bits and pieces changed around until its shit.

just look at what they are doing to batman

>characters need to be 1:1 adaptations from the comics

Pretty much this.

When did I ever say I think it's a better medium? I just want the best stories adapted.

The real question is
WHAT MUSIC SHOULD BE PLAYING AS THE FLASH GOES FUCKING FAST?
youtube.com/watch?v=atuFSv2bLa8

There is literally nothing I want more than to see Barry's iconic thread in Crisis on infinite earths and then Wally's reaction and journey to becoming his own hero on the big screen.

Can't do it satisfyingly on the big screen. His journey took 20 years of comics to actually play out.

Yeah, that's pretty much the kind of thing that can ONLY really be done in comics.

I gave up on movies not just being for normies a long time ago.

Why, assface?

Novels are not visual mediums. Comics are.

I find it funny the TV show adapts a lot of the wally stuff I used to read. I want to buy the flash by mark waid stuff

TV has pacing that could make it work but they're not going to do it.

I used to think like you but then you realized that they're not really remakes as much as they are Elseworlds. It's never going to be exactly 1:1 and that's good because, as you have said, there is no value in the same exact story being told again just moving on its own.

Sinestro Corps War would never work as a 1 1hr 30min animated movie. It would be a horribly water-down piece of shit.

So I can see them adapted. That is the reason people see super hero movies and shows.

That is why I want something like The Human Race adapted. It could be seen as filler but it allowed for a nice closed story that anyone can read without having to take hours and hours.

1. You don't understand the idea of an elseworld

2. If it's not 1:1 you idiots lose your shit

3. Shut the fuck up. Create new stories, stop recycling. You people are celebrating creative bankruptcy.

With that logic why bother even using the same characters? Just make it something entirely new.

You are mad and stupid.
I enjoy X so I want to see an X movie.

That's a pretty lax separation. Comics are not animated mediums, movies and TV are.

Why make a TV show called The Flash, about the comic book hero, if your goal is to make something entirely new?

They're cashing in on the Flash's visibility and taking elements of Flash stories to make the show. It's not fucking weird that we'd like them to draw on the stories we consider the best. Instead of garbage like Flashpoint or Flash Rebirth.

Are you retarded? Make NEW Flash stories, don't recycle the same damn Flash storylines like a retard. Jesus, you guys are retarded.

So do you think when they made Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings movies, they should have just made new stories set in that universe instead of adapting the books?

Your stupidity levels are nuclear.

You just have a shitty argument.

The point isn't necessarily "They should just do a 1 for 1 remake of the best stories," though I imagine we'd like that if it were the case. People are just saying that the show primarily draws from Johns and Fox/Broome era Flash, but very little from Waid, who has the best Flash run.

Thus all the "Well of course the show is about Barry, Waid's stories wouldn't work as well" points in the thread. But you're too fucking dense to understand even the most basic of conversations.

1. The point of an Elseworlds is to tell a version of a hero's story in a slightly different setting. That's literally what all the TV shows (live action and animated), movies (again live action and animated), and video games do.

2. Personally I do not. I only criticize what I believe to be poor changes not just changes in general. Like how SMWW in Kingdom Come was a poor decision but it wasn't bad purely based on the fact that they didn't end up together in the main universe at the time.

3. Why should I shut up when I'm just describing my opinion? No one is saying you have to personally agree with me. Just explaining why I enjoy "adaptions" (again they are never actually adaptions) despite once agreeing with your perspective that people who want them must be unsatisfied with comics.

Have they ever not been?

Explain to me how wanting them to adapt famous comic stories is any different from wanting them to adapt novels and books.

Yeah we got Superman, WW, and GL ones back before.

I forgot the Green Lantern one even existed, and was counting Superman and Wonder Woman as "Justice League."

There were two GL ones, and by Justice League I mean the movie has Justice League in the title and features the same characters as the ones in JL War.

There were two GL movies. The one that was Training Day and the one that had the short stories.

Recommend a guy some Flash stories?

Read volume 2 basically straight through, #1-225

To clarify, 225 is not the end of that volume but the filler shit then Waid's final return is not really that great and you might as well skip it.

Do consider checking out Impulse though when he's introduced.

dc.wikia.com/wiki/Flash_Vol_2

Is that what you're talking about?

Yes. Main writers will be Baron, WML, Waid, Morrison/Millar, Waid again, then Johns with a couple of fill-ins.

Thanks m8.

The only serious interlude you should make is when the DEAD HEAT arc starts. If you just check the dc wiki for dead heat it'll give you the proper reading order, as two Impulse issues crossover with it.