I've seen his real pics and he's nothing like this, he's actually tall and pretty decent looking...

I've seen his real pics and he's nothing like this, he's actually tall and pretty decent looking, so why is he drawing himself like this? Is he really this sad?

I think it's an angle for the comic to be funny

The height thing is just because it's a cartoon version of himself and it's funnier / more cartoonish if he's short, sort of like the same idea behind chibi anime drawing.

>he's nothing like this
>pretty decent looking

He looks plenty similar to the cartoon aside from the height, what are you talking about?

think about how spooky Whomp would be with a seven foot tall Ronnie.

well he kinda does but only in general terms, also I just wanted to discuss Ronnie, having binge-read all of it.
Anyone have that Ronnieverse chart?

>only in general terms

That's basically the definition of cartooning. You depict the general prominent features and leave out details.

faggot

How an artist draws themselves reflect how they see themselves.

ones who make themselves chubbier/uglier than they actually are = kinda depressed, could use a friend, cool when you get to know them.

ones who make themselves way prettier than they actually are = red flag avoid avoid avoid

I think his comics are a bit too much on point to be just an angle, sure you might laugh but it leaves a bitter taste if you let yourself think about it.

Making the cartoon version of themselves uglier then the real deal comes off as less egotistical.

Marked tonal difference.
Big Ronnie on the right makes me want to call up social services.

Kind of this. Artists that draw themselves as good looking can be seen as narcissistic, and artists that draw themselves as homely are usually seen as self-deprecating.

Here's Ronnie at a con with Katie Tiedrich of Awkward Zombie, like Ronnie she usually draws herself unflatteringly.

no, she's spot on

>tfw slowly turning into Ronnie
If I lived in the states I'd already be there cause the shape is all I need

That's the point. If you want something bitter from conception to angle, read some of Dobsons work.

Wasn't it shown once that Comic Ronnie's shortness is a result of horrible posture and if he stands up straight he's tall?

I wouldn't look at it too closely.

He literally made a comic on this exact subject.

It's about getting the audience to relate to the character.
This should tell you something about what he thinks about his target audience.

Jesus Christ, Whomp with that Ronnie would be terrifying.

>not real
kek

>he's actually tall and pretty decent looking

Because is comedy webcomic and comedy only work with fat character.