So what's the general Sup Forumsnsensus on Rebecca Sugar?

So what's the general Sup Forumsnsensus on Rebecca Sugar?

She seems nice.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j38aX4JxINQ
youtube.com/watch?v=XKpQ_FwoPAU
imgur.com/gallery/ZsACh
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

She's too nice. Let's her staff take too many liberties without putting her foot down when needed.

She should've drawn Greg reviewing the show that would've been funny

Also she seems alright as a person

doesn't she lurk here sometimes or at least used to

She's a narcissistic abuser.

I liked her appearance on American Dad

Zuke fuck off

it stinks.

>doesn't she lurk here sometimes or at least used to

I think she used to be a drawfag

She nuked the Zuke, so she's alright

she's a well-meaning creative person whose parents just didn't raise her right

You played right into the OPs hands, you fool.

No balls. I feel nothing when watching her show. Sort of like when I browse Sup Forums. Where have your stories gone, your characters who uplift and inspire? Is it all just tumblr sexuality shit, twitter drama, and angst?

It alright.

youtube.com/watch?v=j38aX4JxINQ

I keep thinking it's not in my clipboard anymore and yet here it is.

Nice lady, too bad she doesn't have much writing talent.

she's forever stuck in a world where she's 12 and everybody is "the nice guy". She can't deliver more than her juvenile teenage afntasy, but so far people keeps telling her this trash is good.
She's probably gonna have the meltdown of the millenium when she gets the first reality check of her life.

What the fuck are you getting that psychobabble from.

Dude, you can criticise the show all day long (it has a lot of faults), but at least make valid critiques. Most of the characters have some dickish quality to them, especially the gems.

Was it her who used to draw a bunch of Marceline in Sup Forums drawthreads, or was that another member of the AT crew at the time? I remember they eventually left because shit was getting a bit too creepy even for someone who frequents Sup Forums.

You posted the wrong video again
youtube.com/watch?v=XKpQ_FwoPAU

Nobody want to watch an half hour video about someone sperging out on how space alien rock having gender or not is somehow cheating.

except one of the friends she's made, one former internet fanartist turned storyboarder by the name of Lauren Zuke that Sugar brought in from the internet to work on Sugar's passion project, had a fucking meltdown because she couldn't handle the pressures of an actual creative job and wanted to insert her shitty autistic self insert shipping bullshit into the show.
I would imagine that was fairly traumatic/unpleasant and Rebecca seems to be handling it just fine.

allegedly

>Most of the characters have some dickish quality to them, especially the gems.
Just because the character is flawed, that doesn't mean they aren't "the nice guy".

The issue that he's getting at is that there's little to nothing in terms a "bad guy". There's no one in the show that's a genuine asshole, they're just "misunderstood" or some shit.

Sugar's also the one that did that comic about a dying guy with brain damage who can only speak in Simpsons quotes.

That was a pretty cool comic.

That was Natasha Allegri I think
Don't recall Sugar coming to Sup Forums other than for April Fools in 2012 I think

IT ALRIGHT?
WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT ALRIGHT?

Nonetheless, all the characters experience struggles and generally there are conflicts up the wazoo in terms of personal demons, fucked up corruption monsters, space empires with disastrous plans for earth and so forth. Stories with actual Shit That Happens are told without having to resort to a bad guy that'll never come round because of reasons. As long as there's an actual plot that progresses, that's fine by me.

The show is herself, and she admitted it publicly like she was changing the face of the world. Why do you think everything has a redeem arc? She can't see herself as wrong, so it's either misunderstanding or accident. Just like a teenager diary, everything she writes is part of her limited princess life.

>The show is herself
So you're saying Sugar is full of grief and suffering?

All I see is an easy, ugly tearjerking shit.No matter what it's not a smart story, or an emotional one. It's just "i'm sad, I M SAD".

Marty and Kevin are genuine assholes, and I bet that White Diamond will be one too.

You're talking out your ass user.

>my argument is an mspaint comic I saw once on here
uh huh.

>That Paper Mario: TTYD Music

Nice vid.

She ruined Adventure Time by using it as a venue for self-promotion, then condemned it by deligating the show to a committee of Tumblrinas after she fucked off to her own brainchild.

I hate the way people talk about Sugar's involvement in Adventure Time. She was just one storyboarder among many.

kike who needs to be gassed

>I need bad guys in my stories to justify my one dimensional world views
>I can't handle nuanced or flawed characters

She's ugly.

he's not wrong tho

All of her episodes that didn't involve FP were pretty good. My point is it's not exactly like she was running the damn show.

> Nobody want to watch an half hour video about someone sperging out on how space alien rock having gender or not is somehow cheating.

I don't know about that...

Personally I find E;R's autistic rantings hilarious, and would happily sit through hours of him sperging out over stupid shit...

She's what SJW's should be. A genuinely nice person who believes everyone should have a fair and equal shot, and doesn't harbor hatred towards any group that may disagree with her worldview. She also happens to be a very good animator.

That being said, she just doesn't have the chops to be a show runner, she doesn't have much of a backbone and is far too liberal with her hiring policies, which in turn leads to a very loose leash on her crew members who like to try to make her show their show and insert their headcanons into the actual canon.

Most of her episodes of Adventure Time are bad and her direction is bad

>Holly Blue Agate is a control freak and a legitimate racist who treats all her subordinates like lesser life forms because they're from Earth
>Yellow Diamond is a genocidal tyrant who wants to eradicate an entire gem type because one of them acted out of place, and whip out an entire planet out of spite
>"There's no genuine assholes"

>Most of her episodes of Adventure Time are bad
bitch nigga I will fight you

>Power Animal
>Chamber of Frozen Blades
>Susan Strong
>Mortal Folly
>Morituri Te Salutamus
>Jake vs Me-Mow
>Gotcha
>Jake the Dog
>Simon and Marcy

These were all great episodes, the fuck are you on.

>>Morituri Te Salutamus
>>Jake vs Me-Mow
>>Jake the Dog
>>Chamber of Frozen Blades
i said most of because of these

notice how they're atypical and not primarily relationshit or worldbuilding autism

>notice how they're atypical and not primarily relationshit or worldbuilding autism
Since when were those two things bad. Besides, those weren't even the majority of her episodes. Oh, and you have shit taste it you think
Simon and Marcy was anything less than fantastic.

>wants to eradicate an entire gem type because one of them acted out of place
Regicide and starting a civil war is a little more than "acting out of place", but you're right that YD shouldn't've canned the entire Rose Quartz line over it.

What is up with autists of this site hating things that are common on every medium like, world building and relationships?

>Garnet, Armrest and Squidward
>You can just skip to the twist where garnet fights hulk hogan
>Remember that time armrest traumatised steven by turning into his dead mom to taunt his emotionally broken father?

I love this show, but goddamn this made me laugh.

The show they want to hate because other people like it has them, therefore they're bad now.

Gems of the same type, from what we've seen, have minor variations of the same personality. That's just how their species works. If one Rose Quartz decides to go berserk and start turning other gems against the empire, then there's a good chance that they all have the potential to start doing that. Better to just scrap them then to risk losing another diamond.

/thread
Also she's not that great of a writer she used to be

>crew members who like to try to make her show their show and insert their headcanons into the actual canon.

When has this happened other than with Zuke?

The Zuke thing sounds like some utter bullshit conspiracy theory shit here. The people making these shows never give a shit about ships the way Sup Forums does. Even if Zuke herself went crazy and got all into Lapidot because tumblr was accusing her of being a homophobe I don't see the other writers caring if she put it in the show at all, only fans.

She's more quiet than most creators. I don't think she likes attention. She's definitely a liberal, but I don't know if she's full-blown SJW. She supported Bernie, but I didn't see her talk about how evil Drumpf is, just like other peoples' posts about it. I actually thought she was a closet conservative, or at least JonTron tier anti-SJW, before finding her Twitter account. She's definitely further to the left than Butch Hartman or JonTron.

No, you're thinking of Pen Ward.

I don't get this joke.

Letting the staff take liberties is what made AT great in the first place.

Please tell me his last word was Monorail

She voiced a character on American Dad there is no joke

>I thought Rebecca Sugar was a conservative
then you're retarded

Rebecca is a filthy whore who constantly injects politics into SU, Sugar writes great episodes and characters

>This same video keeps getting posted
I bet you haven't even watched his other videos.

Link me the proof.

Why?
>inb4 gays

>Rebecca is a filthy whore who constantly injects politics into SU
Why is putting gays in a show seen as injecting politics? You sound like you're talking about Marvel.

I know absolutely nothing about her personality other than that she writes music and plays the Ukulele.

Yup, she's really secretive for a supposed liberal.

made a racist,liberal show

she married ham, because he enjoys ham radio.

Sugar is qt. Rebecca is a gremlin

Which one makes Steven cry and which one makes fun of how much Steven cries?

I think you mean Kristen Schaal, who yes, has that exact face in the American Dad pic.

DUDE NAZI SJW LMAO
Fuck that shit

Wait, what the hell happened? Why is Zuke gone?

Bad artist, good person.

No, gems of the same Diamond are like that.
Yellow Pearl and Blue Pearl are completely different. So far, we can assume all those Rose Quartz' are Pink Diamond's and hers alone. All the other Rose's of the Other diamonds are likely fine.

I really do love her work but SU is a step down from her previous stuff and has completely lost everything that I found charming with her art.

Well, I find Pearl's arc to be quite compelling but they haven't done much with her of late.

He's hilarious. I also like how devoted to making fun of it he is. He actively hates it but is keeping up for the jokes. There was a comment thread where someone was calling him an Anti-semite and he was toying with them.

She looks like America Ferrera in the second picture.

Jello is the best.

Every episode she wrote was forcing Lapis and Peridot together even though no one else on the writing team wanted them together, and they weren't meant to be. Eventually she got a bunch of shit for it, and had a fucking meltdown

She's probably just left of center. Which means she probably realizes that both sides do stupid shit and sometimes a conversation doesn't need your voice.

Wow
I knew Steven resembled Martin but this pretty much cements the plagiarism
What are the odds that Becky will be 'inspired' by Alice's design? She was my favorite

SU has it's moments, but it can look right shit sometimes.

>Yellow Pearl and Blue Pearl are completely different
We haven't seen a lot of them but we can probably consider them similar enough. They're both probably loyal to a fault, and romanticize people really easily. All Pearls are probably obsessively orderly, and by the books.

If people could just draw characters with accurate proportions. Like fuck, stop making Connie and Steven so god damned short and stocky.

You know there's other aspects for a person's personality besides their political views, right?

She stinks.

The gays is a big part of it. When have you ever seen a conservative talk about "representation" and how important it is? Until of course it's election time and suddenly the lack of conservative representation in the LAMESTREAM MEDIA is an issue.

i say she made the right call with SU, sacrificing the animation to spend the budget on voice actors and music

>She ruined Adventure Time by being there
>And then she made it worse by NOT being there

I like her art.

If you meet her in rl you are required to kiss her ass. This includes employees.

do you see everyone in terms of political views?

imgur.com/gallery/ZsACh

Then why are the first few seasons so much better?

But sure, take your "Chips and Ice Cream" episodes.