Heart

Seriously, what did it do?

>Everyone else gets a good power and control over an element (Earth, Fire, Water Wind)
>gets stuck with a useless power.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yE8C1WWixgc
dailymotion.com/video/x27n7q2_captain-planet-s01e24-25-two-futures_shortfilms
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>useless
>can mind control people

Yeah, didn't it give him fuckin' clairvoyant powers and shit? Seriously underrated.

>He hasn't seen the episode that turns him evil

I mean, it can control minds. Can it also control actual hearts, too? Because it would be cool if he could give people heart attacks.

It allowed Scott Menville to get the role of Robin in Teen Titans and Teen Titans Go!, which is your favourite show.
Deep down in your HEART, you know that to be true.

Controlling hearts is how he controls people's minds.

I thought his "heart" referred to people's intuition/wills/morals, rather than the actual, literal beating heart within their bodies?

Nigga, how else were they gonna know an elephant was sad?

It can illuminate dark areas.

I never knew he voiced Mati until today.

Yep.

It can also be used to defeat a green lantern.

heart is the only power you need though
youtube.com/watch?v=yE8C1WWixgc

You better shut up about Ma-Ti. He got shilled as hard as Wheeler, being the only person who could resist mind-control and the power gauntlets. Now if you want to talk about someone who was really shafted, how about Kwame, the leader of the Planeteers...and that's all the characterization he got.

The power of Heart is extremely useful.

The issue is that Ma-Ti is a punk bitch.

>underestimating Ma-Ti The Mind Raper
don't worry He will correct your deviant thoughts at the time of His choosing.

i remember when he was talking to rob paulsen about how they voiced ma-ti and hadji/moki, and how like.. yknow, two of the whitest guys ever can play these little ethnic boys, and how they felt a little silly

it was more like their love.
half the time he tried to use it, it failed and he just exclaimed "this (monster/whatever) has no heart!"
but if they had the slightest bit of caring inside them, he could amplify it and basically Grinch-ending them

Are you fucking kidding me? This was THE ABSOLUTE FUCKING BEST RING. Do you know how much pussy he got with that things?

Ted Turner is racist as hell but thinks he can buy his way out of it through activist funding, it should be no surprise at all he had ethnic caricatures played by white people.

>Tires people out
>Control animals
>Read minds
>Mind control

On the upside, Kwame was at the very least voiced by LaVar Burton. Not native African, but makes up for it by being LaVar Burton.

The one where Wheeler sees what happens if he never joined?

dailymotion.com/video/x27n7q2_captain-planet-s01e24-25-two-futures_shortfilms

Heart is the most powerful of them all, it has control over LIFE.

Fire is more powerful than life. Try having life without the sun.

life > elements

Earth, fire, wind, and water can all exist without life. Life can't exist without having all four of those first.

People can't exist without life, so I don't really understand the point you're trying to make.

Underrated

You're saying the elements are less powerful than life when that's not true. That's the point I'm making.

>People can't exist without life

What does that have to do with anything? People aren't elements.

>no modern reboot

hmm...

But we're talking about people

No, we were talking about Earth, Fire, Wind, Water, and Heart. It's not like any of those forces need people to exist.

NIGGA THIS IS A THREAD ABOUT THE PLANETEERS' POWERS, IT DOES NOT MATTER WHETHER SHIT NEEDS PEOPLE TO EXIST, WE'RE TALKING ABOUT SAD ELEPHANTS AND SHIT.

Heart is the power that gives Captain Planet life.

So can fire

Why didn't Wheeler just burn all the super-villain polluters to death?

Why didn't the rest of them use their powers to terraform the Earth in such a manner that enabled efficient use of renewable power sources with minimal technological improvements.

only black leader of a team for at least two decades running.

is the black spider-man the leader of his team?

Blaqualad was team leader for a while.

Because then they'll be no show, but seriously it would be fun to see a Captain Planet series where the team goes "fuck it" and ends with them earth raping society planet could literally rip apart oil companies by punching the executives a Mach speed

Liberal hippie writers and annoying censors.

seriously, the only attempt at chemistry was wheeler (arrogant American) constantly hitting on minka (the annoyed Russian blonde chick). The cute asian was ignored, Kwame had no sex drive and Mati was immediately declared too young to matter. even Captain Planet and Gaia barely interacted.

If Captain planet was rewritten today it'd be a very different show.

And how else would they sic monkeys and shit on the bad guys?

They could just burn, drown, bury, or suffocate them

>Its a "casual questions a silly sounding superpower that writers have spend ages making valid and even cool and here's plenty of evidence for it being worthwhile" episode

I really can't remember anything beyond

>black
>earth

>If Captain planet was rewritten today it'd be a very different show.

Yeah, it would be 24/7 relationship drama like fucking "90210 the animated series" like every other cartoon they got today, fucking Daffy Duck has a facebook account now... Yosemite Sam and his girlfriend had a fucking pregnancy scare in the last one... swear on me mum.

In theory Heart was the greatest and best power of all, which allowed him to influence and even control all of humanity.

In practice it was just a walkie-talkie.

Wow OP, original thought!

Did you also know that Aquaman is useless!! XD

>burn,
>drown,
>bury,
>suffocate.

Quick, quick, quick, and quick.

>Getting run down and torn apart by baboons in the jungle.

Fucking a'.

>tfw no R-rated dark and edgy Captain Planet reboot

And?

And therefore Heart isn't actually stronger than Earth, Fire, Wind, and Water. It's dependent on them and they're not dependent on it.

This episode is fucking weird, why didn't bad future Mati go somewhere else to rob more rich white people to save his people?

>everyone but Gi is mentioned by name

feelsbadman.jpg

?
But there needs to be a human to use the power.

The heart ring has the ability to jump-start a person's immune system, so they can heal from poisons and diseases that they normally wouldn't be able to. Meanwhile, the fire ring is a slightly more efficient flamethrower.

A Captain Planet remake in the vein of Voltron: Legendary Defender would be pretty nice though.

Fuck off, spammer

I don't know but Linka gave me a boner as a kid.

Above all else Heart gave him perfect empathy. He could feel what living things felt and impart that onto them.

Imagine the guy as president of a country. He'd either be Gandhi or Hitler times a million.