Why do cartoons, comics, manga, and anime all seem to think that big built guys are slow...

Why do cartoons, comics, manga, and anime all seem to think that big built guys are slow? Have none played sports or hit the gym?

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MightyGlacier
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LightningBruiser
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2011/08/what-exactly-is-ideal-to-cut-or-not-to.html
chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2009/03/you-can-be-strong-as-fuck-or-ripped-to.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it makes them look more powerful.
Also in martial arts a lean sleek musculature is preferred most of the time.

because only fucking nerds and otakus read this shit and Chad kicks their ass all the time so they want him to be dumb and slow

That's not true for a lot of fighting manga, and it's not true for a lot of shonen.

I hope you're not using Raoh as an example because he's fast as fuck.

>all that delta memery

Back in the 80's they were big, but now they are twinks that are somehow strong.

Eat big, to get big, so you can left big.

Because action movies with Schwarzenegger and stalone were big

it's the human nature

Why is Raoh your starting image if you believe that?

>Why do cartoons, comics, manga, and anime all seem to think that big built guys are slow?
>Uses Raoh as an example
>mfw

Raoh was a cool guy.

>Why do cartoons, comics, manga, and anime all seem to think that big built guys are slow?
Not all of them
>Have none played sports or hit the gym?
Some haven't but, It's more of the Mighty Glacier trope
>tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MightyGlacier
Lightning Bruiser applies far better that /fit/ people, and especially ones that are martial artists and know how to fight
>tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LightningBruiser

It's because of balance.

You make the much more balanced like this, instead of him being too op.

Also a lot of the big strong guys are also fat.

They're only fat if they let themselves get fat
>Thus, having the highest possible relative strength should be your primary concern, rather than the greatest absolute strength. This, of course, flies in the face of the conventional online wisdom that "he who lifts the most wins", as anyone who's not a sloppy fucking mass of adipose tissue would be far more impressed with a stupendous lift by a guy with visable musculature than they would with a Louis Cyr lookalike's world-shattering lift. This is why everyone shits their pants about Stan Efferding, Joe Ladnier, and Matt Kroczaleski when there's a new record broken in the squat by a different circus fat man every 45 minutes. This is also the reason why most of you know who 170 lb Bulgarian Olympic Ivan Stoitsov is, and have seen his pic a thousand times, but have no idea who Tatiana Kashirina is, in spite of the fact that she probably clean and jerks what you deadlift.
>If you're wondering why no one knows the name of a fat Russian chick who holds the world record in the clean and press and the snatch (a chick who probably outlifts the vast majority of us on just about everything), don't. Fat people aren't really people- they're placeholders where people should be. No one wants to look at them, strong or not, nor be around them long enough to locate their genitalia and fuck. They look like shit, wheeze when they breathe, and are in mortal danger of stroking out when doing anything other than doing a single repetition on one of their pet exercises or eating. This doesn't change much when a fat guy or girl picks up something heavy- we expect them to be able to do so when the object they're lifting is a fraction of their bodyweight, no matter how heavy that object is. Thus, if really doesn't matter that a fat person is all that strong.
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2011/08/what-exactly-is-ideal-to-cut-or-not-to.html
>chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2009/03/you-can-be-strong-as-fuck-or-ripped-to.html

This
It's why in video games a bolt action rifle does twice the damage of a semi-automatic battle rifle, despite the fact both are 7.62x51 nato guns with comparable barrel lengths.

i really like the nature facts of terraformars

>Using Raoh for an example.

Go back to watching S/a/O.

You know that I'm talking about character design and not real life right? So I really won't read this.

But they are.

Track and field people aren't bulky.

>Have none played sports or hit the gym

Defensive linemen (who admittedly don't qualify as 'built') are not known for being fast.

I think the best real life comparison and I don't treat pro wrestling as a genuine sport, would be that and those guys aren't going to win a race versus Bolt (or even versus you average High School receiver, let's be frank, and Bolt would leave 99% of them waiting at the finish line). Another real life comparison would be actual wrestlers, collegiate, high school or Olympic level - again, not really fast. They could exhibit burst of speed, but then the really high weight classes (which again, is what OP is talking about based on the image) aren't known for nor exhibit that.

It's just not plausible other than in comics where real life physics bows down to the laws of CB Science.

sprinters and such are pretty bulky but not to the extent of body building levels of muscle mass, also I don't think that stereotype in comics/cartoons is as prevalent as you think.

>Uses Tv Tropes
You're my kind of guy

That man could not have reached that body without drugs and something to help feed himself. His arms won't reach his mouth, his muscles are too busy being in the way.
>nb4 fiction
Stop perpetuating this shit body image. It's a male Barbie that pushes little Timmy into taking roids like Chris Boulder.

And then those lean martial artists try fighting a professional fighter three times their size and...

>Strong fats

A lot do genuinely have guts, but it's also true that core strength involves a lot of muscles that wrap around the abdomen which look fat to people who aren't familiar with it.

Not true for all huge brute charaters

Big guys pay for that trope, so when you go and fight em they can kick your ass easily.
" b..but cartoons said bulky people were super slow in afight"
Now you know its a conspiracy against the small people.

Scott Adkins is pretty bulky, and his moves are Bruce Lee tier.