If you were to go about creating a show with the purpose of having the most autistic fanbase possible centered around...

If you were to go about creating a show with the purpose of having the most autistic fanbase possible centered around it, how would you go around doing it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZtAHGZffoLI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Tell you to watch it.

Homestuck, RWBY, and Steven Universe already exist

You can always be more autistic user. Always.

>create a detailed lore with a tiny amount of depth
>introduce subtle pandering at the beginning and evolve it into fullblown pander a couple seasons in to separate the nu-fans from the original ones
>distinctive but polarizing art style

Giant girls

Make sure there are at least one species where its members look almost exactly the same, aside from colors and accessories

>make the main cast a bunch of edgy teens
>Give them all unique powers and a bunch of plot armor
>add some flimsy social commentary that really doesn't say much at all
>put in a couple gay characters
>make one of the characters especially edgy, even more so than the main cast
>throw in a ton of references to anime

>Self-insert mary sue main characters
>Solve everything with the power of love and friendship
>Pander to tumblr, shippers, and weird fetishes

>near-human or anthro characters, with a uniting theme, making it easy for fans to create deviantart-tier OCs
>market it towards young children so that the adult male fans have to defend themselves
>lots of songs
>heavily-teased homosexual relationships, love triangles, and/or sexual tension (any proper fanbase needs shippers)
>each character's personality can be described in 2-3 words

There are three points to this show
1. Shipping
2. Unending melodrama
3. The occasional fight and action scene

Well, you'd first need an actual hook. Thinking about autistic fanbases (Homestuck, RBWY, SU, Undertale, FNAF, Pretty Loli Mustangs), they all have hooks that, if not particularly unique in some cases, are all appealing to the audience we're looking for (12-24, the prime autismo age range). Basically what you want is something that makes people go "hmm, this sounds interesting." Some examples include:

>what if a video game destroyed the world and you got to become a video game character and go on an adventure
>what if we did an anime, but made with all the parts that weaboos in the West cream their pants over rather than all the parts that otakus in the East cream their pants over?
>what if GAY SPACE ROCKS?

Then you'd need a cast of cool characters. Note that I didn't say deep, or interesting, or likable, I meant cool. Oftentimes the mistakes these shows make is starting out with a bunch of nuanced, well rounded sane characters and only later introducing a group of quirky, edgelord antivillains to fuck things up (see: Homestuck, Kingdom Hearts, Steven Universe, Avatar). People are naturally attracted to the weird, wacky, and edgy characters. Though don't forget to keep 1-3 (depending on the size of the cast) self insert characters, for the audience to project themselves onto for the purposes of shipping.

Next you'll need some LEEP DORE. I initially didn't want to include this but the more I think about it the more true it is. You need some dark and twisted backstory to validate the autism of fanartists. Theorizing and shipping are the backbone of any good autismo, because they reward people for sinking way too much time into children's media. And the more devoted people are, the more OC will be generated, which both attracts more people to the fandom and gives people in the fandom something to do during dreaded hiatus periods. This is why it's important to be dark and edgy, because your target audience is around the age where this stuff is "hip".

I'd argue that this isn't necessarily a flat rule. The Gems in Steven Universe have a surprisingly wide variance in character body types, and yet there are tons of shitty fangem generators.

This cookie-cutter OC maker bullshit only comes into play once the autism is already present.

>each character's personality can be described in 2-3 words

This is actually the one big thing that I forgot to mention in . Simple characters are fun and appealing to younger audiences, because they don't have to think as hard to understand them, and they can interpret them however they want. Was that wink by Sans indicative of his incredible natural charisma and sexiness, or revealing of his dark and tortured soul? Who knows, and who cares, because as soon as people start debating about this you've already got them so deep into this shit that you've basically already won as a creator.

Any "depth" you add to these characters should be simple and edgy. "His daddy never loved him". "He had a hard life." "All his friends are dead". Wow, now those teenagers will feel justified in liking these characters, and will have easy content to draw from!

have thematic characters that make inspire people to make their own donut steel based on it

Pay people to write fanfiction about it.

Job. Done.

I'd start my own animation studio and use scores on an autism diagnoses as part of my hiring procedure. Spergs know what spergs want.

>color code the entire cast
>make every character extremely flat and summed up in a single word
>include furry-friendly content
>include LGBT+ friendly content
>no swear words, must be Y7 minimum and PG at the very most
>write open-ended DEEP LORE that isn't actually deep at all
>make sure that there's some sort of speshul group and/or race for people to make OCs out of
>make sure the jokes are so cheerfully shallow that even a 6 year-old can understand, so no sarcasm or black humor
>let Canada animate it

>Spergs know what spergs want.

Are you sure about that?
youtu.be/ZtAHGZffoLI

Honestly, just create a setting that encourages customization based around a theme and you'll get loads of spergs.

SU has gems. there are billions of gems, anyone can make their own version

homestuck has classpects. people can create characters that fit them or use the classpects as a self reflection tool

rwby has...i dont know, dust? but dust really doesnt have any real solid concept other than "its magic i dont have to explain shit."

Five million views.

I'm sure.

It has color themeing with the addition of semblance, also you can be a furry.

So every show ever is just a shallow vehicle for autism and not really good?

Heres my question

how do we move animation into something that isnt "media for children" without having to rely on comedy to draw the adults?

How do we make a completely serious cartoon like OTGW and make our target audience 16-21? or something like that.

This, but add powerlevels for extra autism. Fate/whatever is literally the perfect example

You have to change the cultural mindset, first and foremost. Start by adapting something that everyone is familiar with as an adult property, so that there's no confusion. Like Tolstoy or something. You give it a serious, dramatic adaptation, while also taking advantage of the medium. Once you've done this a few times, you'll have started to erode at the implicit assumption that all animation is for kids.

Be prepared to lose billions of dollars.

oh shit so..like samurai jack is taking step one

Now I can see why people hate rwby so much.

Waifus. Waifus everywhere and throw in occasional hints of "lore".

Nope, it will have no effect on the general populace who, if they know of it, will remember it as being based on a kids show. You have to use something that is impossible for people to misunderstand. Remember that parents took kids to see Deadpool, because capes. Content doesn't matter here so much as perception.

Ergo Proxy is the most west leaning, adult, non-comedy anime you'll ever get so you might aswell use that as a prime example.

Cowboy Bebop and Baccano are both more western, and have non-horrific dubs

>creating a show with the purpose of having the most autistic fanbase possible centered around it
I'd just make a Minecraft cartoon.

I would remake/ripoff Naruto but with sonic-like animal characters that all look terrible and stylized and have the message be about "the magic of friendship".

>edgy battles
>teenage romance drama
>simple to understand superpower system with a base character design that can be easily modified, for OCs
>longrunning

those are the pillars.