I haven't seen a Kung Fu Panda thread in a while so lets have one

I haven't seen a Kung Fu Panda thread in a while so lets have one.

First off why are they such jobbers?

Because then the main character wouldnt be the big hero.

>First off why are they such jobbers?
Cause Po is the protagonist.

So why was 3 so mediocre?

You got to job to make the other guy(s) look good and make the antagonists a big threat. Especially if the other guy has his species or name in the title.

>So why was 3 so mediocre?
Didn't 3 get more acclaim from critics?

3 was great. It's not as good as the first 2 movies, but it's still good

The villain was pretty forgettable. JK Simmons is great but lacks that villainous spark that the previous antagonists had.

What's the point of the Furious Five when they only ever focus on Tigress?

3 is a satisfying conclusion to Po's story of looking for his dad.

Can't really make a movie with 3-5 characters. The rest of the furious five are good filler and contrary to what I think a lot of fans believe they have enough personality presented through 3 movies a few spin offs and a cartoon series.

How did he figure it out?

JK Simmons could have been a fantastic villain if the writing had been with him.

3 was perfectly fine, it's only sin was not being 2. It's the "Jedi" to 2's "Empire"

Also, best villain theme.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jWB_YidG-c

Side characters.

To the producer's credit they actually get a lot of great fleshing out in the shorts like Secrets of the Furious Five and Secrets of the Scroll

Shifu even says "then you know what happens when I flex my pinky?" when he grabs Po in that hold. And then goes on to say that the hardest part of the technique is cleaning up afterwards.

I'm glad they managed to finally give her an episode before that TV series went down the tubes.And it was one of the better ones, which was nice.

>mfw I'm a complete dumbass and dont' know what skadooshing someone means

I like Tigress's backstory.

That pic has some lesbian undertones.

Just watched Secrets of the Scroll. Is Tigress autistic?

Viper is so perfect.

viper would make an amazing cock sleeve

In the first film, then losing to Tai Lung and Po winning made sense. Understand, Shifu trained them like he did Tai Lung, but Lung was not only exceptionally gifted, but his training went far beyond theirs. They were essentially fighting someone who knew them inside and out. Po, on the other hand, had to improvise due to only knowing key concepts and moves. It was almost akin to Drunken Master style, using his surroundings instead of strict technique. Tai Lung never fought anything like that, on top of underestimating Po in general. It made sense to have no defense against it.

KP2 did a good job of making the Five feel competent. The only reason Po didn't get captured a second time with them was because he got blasted out of Shen's tower.

The third one has no excuse. I don't even understand what the thought process was with that movie beyond "make it marketable."

So are they going to do that 30 year time skip for four or what? Shifu mentioned something about Po having to do that in 3.

Like everyone has said with them not being the main protagonist. If you want to see some action of them kicking ass you can always look at the two specials featuring them.

The latest has Tigress wanting that red panda dick.

They made another special?

Which one is this?

hu, i just watched the first movie today after like 6 years and wanted to talk about it and suddenly there's a thread on /co, man it's so good, i should really watch the other 2, why in the fuck didn't they make a cartoon instead of that stupid cgi shit.

Secrets of the Scroll.

Tigress clearly wants that Shifu dick.

There's absolutely no need for them to be 5, though. Keep Tigress, but they could have merged the rest into one single character to fill up their roles. A bird if you need someone with wings. Any scene that involved any of the Five that wasn't Tigress could have been carried out just the same with a single, more fleshed out character instead.

Mantis and Monkey play off one another and Viper is needed as another female presence in the film.

it came after Zootopia. duh

Nah, Po mastered chi already. Time to move on to whatever's next.

>Mantis and Monkey play off one another
Then get rid of both and you won't need anyone to play off each other.

>Viper is needed as another female presence in the film.
Though this is a good point.

I still think they could have worked with less in number. Cutting them down to three at least would have helped.

>Then get rid of both and you won't need anyone to play off each other.

Why would anyone want that? Do you really need them to take out all the entertaining bits just to sate your autism?

>Keep Tigress

Replace her with Viper