Poor Andrew Lincoln

>Main character of a show that's quickly declining in quality
>Writers barely use him now
>Best actor in a show full of people the Showrunners grabbed off the street to play extras
>Can't be killed off because of main character status
>Will never be able to move on to bigger and better things
>Will be stuck with the Walking Dead until he's old and senile

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KuphxM9nZfU
youtube.com/watch?v=gpCUMdfRa9w
youtube.com/watch?v=GErVgGgYKh4
youtu.be/tWjfbUfcJUM
imfdb.org/wiki/Walking_Dead,_The_-_Season_7#MAC-10
youtube.com/watch?v=oi-rvruy70M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

kill every one off except rick and just have rick trasvel to place to place hoplessly for 2 sesons like the road meeting a few people oin the way forget this building civilization back up lets have a tragi c 2 seasons with zombies being the main focus and have rick be too tierd of this shit to go on so lies down to die ....like the fucking veiwers

He deserves it for letting the Jews use him as a racemixing propaganda tool.

This guy is a terrible actor

>quickly declining in quality
It's been a 1/10 since after the pilot episode bruh. You just have bad taste.

Poor guy has to have a steady job starring in the most popular show on television.

Sounds like he's in a position to demand a huge pay rise then. Oh he signed a slavery contract? Well too bad he was retarded.

He's a shit actor and TWD made him a thing, fuck him. Although he was good with Shane in the early seasons, he's been steaming garbage since.

I end up feeling bad for people on huge television shows. They don't do much after because no one can see them as anything but that one character.

>best actor

youtube.com/watch?v=KuphxM9nZfU

>wife dies
>husband breaks down into tears
Where's the problem?

>Androo Linkin iz a bad acter

Quite realistic, where's the problem

you're aware that this scene didn't become a meme because it was convincing acting, right?

>CORAL! CORAL! CORAL! CORAL!

Give this man an Emmy!

OH NOOOOO NOOOOOH NOOO NO NOOOO

>sene is mem so actr bad
youtube.com/watch?v=gpCUMdfRa9w

his acting made it bad, dumb dumb.

You're seriously a fucking retard pleb of the highest order if you think that was bad acting. And I think TWD is usually pure shit.

You're just used to typical fake crying in movies and shows. This was what real devastation looks like - raw, ugly, uncomfortable.

Get out of the 90's, grandpa.

>Lori dead
>Corl dies in the midseason finale
>Rick is left all alone with Shane's baby

The Walking Cuck

you watch this crappy show, so you've kind of already outed yourself as having no standards, and as such are more likely to be the retard you describe. that acting was painful not because of how 'raw' it was, but how hilarious. yeah, I'm sure the actor was channeling some real emotional turmoil for this dumbass zombie show. bet he had a good cry later on in his trailer.

>when your son comes out of the closet

Again, if you found that reaction "hilarious" you're probably autistic or a 12 year old. Kill yourself retard.

I'm confident you've already removed yourself from the gene pool as you're in all likelihood a fat, unlovable pussy who watches the TV equivalent of an edgy comic book.

This garbage is still going? Should have ended after season 1.

my favourite theory is this
>every one dies except Rick
>he is all alone wandering this world of the undead

he ends up as he began: alone
it's perfect

(Not that guy) I hate TWD and the only reason I ever started watching it is because a friend kept telling me to watch it (even if its shit, can still be fun of funny) but that scene wasn't that badly acted at all. Seems like real emotion, panic. I don't know if you've ever seen people in a situation like that but most don't act like you'd normally see in movies.

>Me? Me? *laughs* You mean ME???

youtube.com/watch?v=GErVgGgYKh4

there's convincing acting, and then there's hammy over-acting. I've seen enough to realize which of the two categories that scene falls into. the emotional response it elicited wasn't one of empathy.

>stops crying to turn to carl
>oh no...
in the most sarcastic tone ever

It's hardly over-acting. His wife just fucking died in birth while he was fighting off zombies and he didnt even get to say goodbye or anything. Anyone would be totally freaked and broken after than and act weird and different.

>humans can't act weird and sound weird after just losing their husband/wife in a brutal way

Come on, 1st season was legit good.

Wew

poor guy
after the show ends he's gonna live like bojack

truly sad story

Dumbredditor

It was alright but I expected way more interesting stuff to happen towards the end of the season. It started off good, first episode was great, the few after that with Rick reuniting with his family, saving them from walkers later and them having to move is all good. Then they go on a ride along and end up at that military complex which is one of the most stupid, unrealistic moments that change the entire feel of the show. For 5 or 6 episode you see the big, open, empty world and suddenly they're in this futuristic looking complex which looks like a 5-start hotel. Season 2 was better to be before of this (not counting S1E1)

*season 2 was better for me because of this

Also every season after that was 3/10 or lower. Don't even watch it anymore since season 5.

>bunch of teenage nerds made it into a meme
>that must be how all 12 million people watching it reacted too

Pretty sure that episode was critically acclaimed along with Lincoln's acting. And pretty sure those critics know more about good acting than you.

Dead ringer for Tony Goldwyn

it isn't so much metering the level of devastation he showed, but how the actor put it across, which seemed clumsy and over-the-top. there's a noticeable respite in the beginning that gives the impression that he was asked to break down on the spot on a take-by-take basis, and that there wasn't any room for the actor to build up to that point and put it across more naturally. the way the scene was shot wasn't doing him any favors either.

>"but it´s muh funny maymay so it means it´s bad !"

Grief and panic isn't supposed to build up properly though, it often just comes out of nowhere and makes you do weird unpredictable stuff, especially when trying to say things. When he turned to Carl it seemed like he wanted to comfort him and help him but as he was doing it he realized that he couldn't because he was about to break down. That's how I thought of it anyway.

>hey, let's us thousands of people who don't know each other on the internet spontaneously have a laugh at this great bit of acting!

god this is fucking garbage

even kellyc acts better than this

get out of the Sup Forums, faggot

I remember like 3 years ago after I first saw that scene this same argument was held all the time. Half the people thought the acting was convincing of someone who just lost someone he cared about, the other half thought it was a funny meme. If you really think the acting is memeworthy you probably haven't ever seen a real person being extremely distressed (at least not often enough) because the acting is actually pretty convincing.

I don't mean the actual scene building it up for the viewer to see, but the actor being left to do so in preparation for the reaction that will be shown. Some of the best scenes in film have been the result of a hours of continuous acting that was cut down to the crucial moments. In this case I could see, uninterrupted, the actor going from 0 to 100 and appearing hammy as a result.

But why does it feel hammy? I don't think the things he said including how he said them are too weird and unrealistic. Also him going from 0 to 100 in this situation makes sense, as it's such unexpected news for him.

Not really pissed at the race mixing alone, it's just michonne is ugly as fuck.

I could say the same to viewers who thought it was convincing, and make all the same assumptions about them all the same as they might say about the people who found it funny. Even with that out of the way, it doesn't necessitate first-hand experiences to pick up on the conviction of the acting at hand. There's a lot of dramatic acting in films that put across real experiences that few people will ever encounter, but you likely wouldn't deny a viewer to say whether it felt real to them on that basis.

how does the asian get the hottest date? mayb the tall whyte is a lanklet whose awkward?

he's good when he's being angry psychotic rick or sad rick, or "holy shit Negan just fucked my shit up" Rick, whenever he's delivering pure emotion he's great

when he has to be bold, leader Rick is where he often falls flat, all of his big speeches suck

>early 40s
>already has a completely gray beard
How to save him?

those paychecks will ease the pain

It isn't in the dialogue, so much as the gait and composure put across by the acting. The scene is filmed in such a way as to emphasize the main character and their response while diminishing everything around them -- which makes sense as it was his wife that died -- but it has the adverse effect of serving to further expose the awkwardness of the performance. I think most of it is down to how sometimes crying can sound like laughter, and that this is one of those cases.

Well so far the only arguments against him acting realistic that I've heard are 'it's hammy, unrealistic, weird way of saying the lines etc'.
I've never actually heard someone say WHY the acting is like that, only that it is like that.
I think he did a good enough job with the scene, it wasn't amazing or anything but I can see how someone in a real situation like that could react this way, especially if they're already a bit crazy in the head like Rick.

Is this like rock paper scissors?

I agree that the camerashots and maybe the lines he uses could make the scene feel weird and unrealistic. I do think that the crying sounding like laughter is that bad though, that can actually happen sometimes, even though it might have been really unlucky in this scene because it was already a bit out of place.

How do we go from this...

To this?

>his voice was unsteady for one syllable therefore he was being sarcastic

youtu.be/tWjfbUfcJUM

Was this tear kino?

Shane's breakdown in Postpartum was better

Who are these """""""""""""""""""""""""actors"""""""""""""""""""""""""""?

>Will be stuck in a high paying role on a massively popular TV show

Poor guy.

It became a member because Corrraaal dummy

Meme*

>Best actor

Fuck me this guy has so much potential if it wasn't for the retarded writing of this show people always blame the actors when it comes to a scene like rescuing somebody then killing the bad guy like cliche its not their fault you can see he can act very good always blame the writing when it comes to shows like this except the females in this show they are really bad except the old lady forgot her name

>high paying
You see this? This is the current budget

I gave up after season 1 as it was so cheesy.

The fact it apparently got worse has made me so happy I never wasted any more time.

>I'm autistic and haven't felt an emotion since they announced cloud for smash brothers
you

why do you type like a downie on adderall?

Dude really does act his ass off, feel sorry for him desu because it could be so much better

"season 1 was the best" is a stupid meme spread by retards who barely watch the show. I agree that it was cheesy and generic. The acting and overall tone of the show improved dramatically over time.

Seasons 3 through 6 are all kino with a few lulls here and there. Only in the last season or so has it become truly shit.

>I tear up at bad acting and like super serious show about da zombiez

Because meme bullshit means anything at all. I guess Daniel day Lewis can't act because a few faggots on the internet thought the milkshake line was funny.

he didn't even say coral in that scene.

that was more about how funny and memorable that line was, delivery and all. there is no dialogue in this scene to remark upon, only hilarious blubbering.

>the first 5 seconds of this clip

kek

based rick

>FOUND YOU TOO!

what model gun is this?

imfdb.org/wiki/Walking_Dead,_The_-_Season_7#MAC-10

Why does he need a silencer for this fight?

it contrasts his loud bombastic nature.

Running away from zombies for 8 seasons.

How long did it take for all of these gym teachers and housewives to train themselves to perfectly handle military weaponry?

A White man falling in love with a Black woman is the most realistic thing on that show

Underrated post

Can't happen because this would actually be descent.

Have all these soy boys here ever in theur life actually seen someone genuinely cry ?

It is like all they know is this fake shit from bad actresses.
Sad.

this. the scene is good BECAUSE his reaction is a little weird. plus there is another important dimension to this which is that his group is witnessing their normally strong and composed leader completely collapse and it has more impact this wa

Will AMC ever try to act like they care about this show?

I only watch it because my family does, and JDM and Andrew Lincoln are the only actors who are really worth a damn anymore. (Carol's actress isn't too bad, but her writing will go down the shithole or hit a brick wall soon like Daryl's has).

I just want some zombie kino man, I don't want this life vs. death debate every fucking second.

I mean c'mon, last week Jesus tried to have a debate about prisoners in the middle of a gunfight. The allies didn't even try and take prisoners on D-Day, and to do it on one of the most important missions of your war just to still come out on top is flat out retarded.

This scene IS unintentionally funny, in parts because of his performance and in parts because of the show's shitty, shitty editing.

This is actual world-class acting:

youtube.com/watch?v=oi-rvruy70M

at this point I'm just watching for the kino moment when rick puts negan in prison and for morgan's death

>soap opera tier acting and dialogue
>world-class