Is The Room truly the best bad movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QM2AS0KDZEA
youtube.com/watch?v=sPSJYXi7BWA
youtu.be/K40IToeN51Y?t=100
youtube.com/watch?v=9XVPOjXmCQ0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's the worst good movie

It's definitely one of the best. Since it was made as a sincere attempt at making a good movie. That's what sets it, and others like Manos apart from ironic attempts at making so bad they're good movies, like Sharknado.

Yeah, this. The Room is genuinely good because Tommy put so much of himself into the movie, while Sharknado's just a soulless attempt to cash in on Birdemic.

The Room and Samurai Cop are. Things is up there too.

Too bad you aren't french to enjoy the beautiful dubbing of this bad movie

youtube.com/watch?v=QM2AS0KDZEA

Samurai Cop is better than the The Room by a longshot.

Miami Connection is far far better.

YOU ARE TEARING ME APART LISA!!!

>implying this board likes bad movies
You need to have friends to enjoy bad movies. Where do you think you are?

Troll II is great too

Neil Breen's movies are up there, along with some already mentioned ITT, but there's something amazing about The Room that sets it apart.

If I was forced to pick a number one "so bad it's good" movie, I'd pick The Room. Tommy is an enigma.

On the topic of good bad movies, what do you guys think of Neil Breen?

I've never actually watched The Room from start to finish, but I've spent enough time looking up YouTube clips and posting in these threads that I feel like I know every line.

No, it's just plain bad. There's only about 10 minutes of amusing scenes total. You're better off just watching a compilation of the highlights on Youtube.

fateful findings >>>> the room

He's something else. I don't think they have the entertainment value that movies like Samurai Cop, The Room, and Miami Connection have.

They're still enjoyable to watch, laugh at, and try to comprehend, but I don't get the urge to rewatch them or anything like I do with some others.

Neil is in a league of his own. True Breenius.

>literally blacking out the Nike log in sharpie instead of just getting a generic football

What did Tommy mean by this

Breen is the David Lynch of so bad it's good movies.

You must be part of the instant gratification generation

This is 100% true.

I tried Birdemic. Couldn't even finish it. Could not believe it took nearly an hour for the birds to attack

There's nothing like getting a crowd together to watch it in its entirety.

Birdemic is more of a lesson on how not to make a movie than it is an amusing "so bad it's good" movie

So does Plan 9 or Manos even hold up?

Manos wasn't an attempt at making a good movie, though.

Tell me what is worth watching that's not covered by the highlight reels? Are you a big fan of Tommy's unending deluge of amateur soft core pr0n?

FAKE NEWS

Shaolin Soccer.

I thought David Lynch was the David Lynch of so bad it's good movies.

Holy shit, I never noticed that.

I love Shaolin Soccer, but that's an intentionally silly movie.

This is true. Only RHPS screenings can compare.

Yes. Yes I am. Those scenes are vital

No, it is just straight up good

I mistakeit for Room, nevermind

I am genuinely curious, what parts of the movie do you guise like that's not covered by the complications online? I found the rest of the movie to be mind numbingly boring.

Manos is genuinely unwatchable. Plan 9 is fun.

It's the glue that holds the rest of the actually funny moments together. Without those, you can't be too surprised at the magnitude of autism that is Tommy. It's the silence before the storm; the factor that makes the storm so much more scarier. It's the appetizer before the main course, the foreplay before penetration, the beer pre-game before getting shitfaced drunk.

If you don't have the patience to watch a movie as short and relatively fast-paced as the Room to appreciate it fully in all it's retardation, you don't deserve to watch movies at all. Stick to trailers.

I'm pretty sure every line in the room has been included in a compilation at some point.

Those boring scenes help the pacing. They help make the funny stuff even better by spacing out the laughs.

What boring scene?

>Plan 9
I cried while watching that movie for the first time because I'm a huge Lugosi fan and this shitty bit of cinematic history got me all too emotional, knowing its context

I've seen this movie about 8 times showing it to all my friends and it gets better every time. I unironically think it's a great movie. Tommy is a weird guy and he does a good job of portraying himself as such. If you're expecting him to be someone else then that's where you're making a mistake.

I don't know. I was referring to the boring scenes the other guy was vaguely referring to.

Pacing is an essential component of any film. Good pacing can make a mediocre film better and bad pacing can ruin a great premise.

By watching just a compilation, of any film, you totally miss out on how the pacing for the entire film is, and therefor cannot truly understand the impact and placement of certain scenes.

No its an overlong and quite dull movie. Only the songs in the love scenes are funny

But you don't know what they are?

I mean the establishing shots are boring. Most scenes without Tommy are boring.

The Room's pacing is glacial. The amusing parts are so far apart the whole thing feels like a waste of time.

>Most scenes without Tommy are boring.
This. If Tommy was in every scene I'd be in love with The Room. The problem is that the other actor's lack Tommy's otherworldly charm.

Anybody else read pic related? I got done with it not too long ago and rewatched The Room, and I felt it enriched the experience.

that's just not true

a bad film i enjoyed a lot and i strongly recommend was Deadly Prey and i watched that on my own

sad that you are forced to have other people around for validation

the highlight compilations give you scenes out of context

watch the whole thing you lazy millenial fuck

I've seen it in its entirety 3 times and it's been boring as fuck each time.

>overlong
hi brainlet

I find every scene in the movie entertaining.

>Disaster Artist still isn't out yet
I've been waiting for so fucking long

Name one goddamn scene WITHOUT Tommy that's worth sitting through. Protip: there are none. That's why the movie as a whole is unenjoyable. There's too many scenes without Tommy.

Thats my point. The glacial pacing is another essential component to the Room's badness. By skipping all the filler scenes of San Fran you really don't get a full sense of how bad the film as a whole is.

That's called pacing, retard.
Imagine a horror movie where the monster is on screen for the whole duration; it wouldn't be as scary.
Fucking lazy niggers can't even watch a whole movie, Jesus Christ.

the Breen trilogy movies are the best ones

Comfiest bad movie

breast cancer scene

chris asking for his money back in the rooftop

it's a really good book, worth the read, it's interesting, funny, and poignant

The Room looks more like a real movie.

not sure dude, anyway, how is your sex life

good point

On the subject of rich amateurs making unintentional comedy, has anyone here seen Andrew Getty's The Evil Within?
It's a completely amazing clusterfuck of a film.

It's weird how Tommy is able to be both incredibly creepy, and endearing at the same time.
The part where he keeps coming to Greg's doorway to do chin-ups was hilarious

>grabs your nose with my toes

Any scene with Steven

Mark trying to kill Peter and then both parties immediately acting as if nothing happened.

Lisa's horrible attempts at seducing Mark.

The whole movie has Tommy's fingerprints all over it whether he's on screen or not. He is the writer, director, and producer after all.

youtube.com/watch?v=sPSJYXi7BWA
Am I the only one that doesnt look forward to watching James Franco make a retard voice for 2 hours in an attempt to be Tommy Wiseau? Just let his legend live this movie presents itself as adoration for Tommy but I just see it as poking fun of him.
Maybe thats just me though

Do yourself a favor and LISTEN to the audiobook. There's no way reading the book compares to the audiobook especially with Greg Sestero's incredible impression of Tommy .

Check out this excerpt:

youtu.be/K40IToeN51Y?t=100

>Am I the only one

Yep, you're the only person on the planet who thinks this way.

>best bad movie

K just checking

I'd be a lot more interested in seeing the movie version if Greg was playing all of the parts.

At one point, Tommy wanted to have Scott Holmes (who’d been cast as Mike) also play Chris-R. Scott was supposed to pull this off by wearing what Tommy described as a “disguise”—a black Indiana Jones–style hat and horn-rimmed glasses—on the assumption that the audience wouldn’t notice.

I feel like I'm sitting on an atomic bomb!

Behold, Ben & Arthur, the gay version of The Room, except it's way worse in quality:

youtube.com/watch?v=9XVPOjXmCQ0

Manos needs MST3K. It's too slow and incomprehensible otherwise.

Birdemic is better.

da fuq

It's a shame he couldn't reprise his role in the move version or at least dub Franco's lines.

You must be pretty dumb.

user, not every use of the word "incomprehensible" means "2 deep 4 u plebs".

Incomprehensible means you literally couldn't comprehend what was happening in the movie. You couldn't understand what was happening without someone else telling you. You must be pretty dumb.

I see, so you take things incredibly literally in order...insult anonymous people?

Yes, I take words by what they literally mean. How else would I take that word?

Sharknado is just a trash movie and I doubt anybody sees is any other way, even the producers.
I doubt they every pretended their movies were unintentionally bad.

They're quite different from movies like The Room.

>he thinks he doesn't need validation from others >he thinks social checks and balances aren't necessary for a healthy mindset
>he watches pleb shite all on his own

you sound exactly like the sort of depressing sod that'll shoot up a school if someone jokes about your lack of social skills

>I doubt they every pretended their movies were unintentionally bad.

Their whole schtick is bad movies on purpose.

That's what I said.
Trash movies are their own genre.

ITT: PLEB FILTERS

Yes, but you don't need to doubt that they pretended their movies were unintentionally bad because it's the public mission statement of the studio. It's common knowledge. That's like me saying, "I really doubt the new york yankees have never won the world series."

Read the original post I was replying to...
>so bad they're good movies, like Sharknado.