Which movie has disappointed you the most this year?

Other urls found in this thread:

news.sky.com/story/colin-firth-becomes-italian-citizen-after-brexit-vote-11049083
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I found this movie disgusting and off-putting and I fap to /gif/ rekt threads...

Such a shame too since Vaughn has made nothing but solid funcore flicks before this movie tarnished his perfect record.

You posted it to be quite honest with you, family. While seeing Eggy and Harry fight side by side was a nice treat the original movie sorely lacked, reviving anyone is always bullshit.
What, the human burger? Come on, this was not the least bit disturbing. They could have at least had a drop of blood somewhere or a piece of clothing visible in the burger if they wanted it to be disturbing, but the movie was as kid friendly as it gets. Did Gazelle bifuricating Lancelot at the beginning of 1 bother you too?
Nah. Disappointment is when you hope it will be good but turns out bad. Nobody expected this to be good.

I can't believe this was made by the same director and not some studio pet hired for a quick sequel cash grab.

The whole tracking device into pussy sequence which was pure cringe (the pick up-lines) quickly followed by fart humor slap stick. I'm not a prude but this was just in poor taste. If found it honestly much more repuslive and obscene than the clitoris amputation in Antichrist...

Blade Runner 2049
It was fine but something left me wanting

That would be the 30+ minutes of scenes they cut in an (unsuccesfull) attempt to reconsile the scope of the film with general audience sensibilities.

Guardians of Galaxy 2
idk what i wanted though it felt a lot small.

An honest director would have left those in

Perhaps, but being granted a 100+ million dollar budget comes with some strings attached. Villeneuve has done verry well considering the circumstances.

god i hate colin firth

Every movie this year

Spiderman: Homecoming

With every movie since Spiderman 3 I tell myself this will be the last time they have tricked me into watching this shit and every time I get tricked again.

>leaving the country and getting new citizenship somewhere else because you dislike how the plebs voted
I used to like him until this. Fucking disgusting bourgeois mentality.

wow I had no idea honestly. but it doesn't surprise me. he comes across as such a self-satiafied marmy fucker just like spacey.

I watched it with my gf, I have never seen anyone be so disgusted before.

Yeah he left Britain and got Italian citizenship (his wife's Italian) because he hated the Brexit result and called it "disturbing" or something.
news.sky.com/story/colin-firth-becomes-italian-citizen-after-brexit-vote-11049083

Kingsman 2 was great don't know how you faggots can dislike it

I only watched three new releases this year, Logan, Baby Driver and Blade Runner 2049
I went to see Baby Driver because of favorable reviews and I enjoyed it but not as much as I would have expected. There were great gags and genuine emotions but I feel like it lacked something more, some ambition maybe.
Otherwise, I finally got around to watch Sicario and it gripped me right until the last act with Boringo del Toro and his rampage. It felt like such a waste of tension

I see your point, yeah
haha
as a (non Brit) expat, fuck both of you
The action was nice I guess but there weren't many tense scenes and the movie jumped the shark too many times with the Statemen revival bs or with the cable car sequence

That's probably it. I kinda liked it but Colin Firth shouldn't have been in it and Roxy should've taken over his scenes. Also either keep Whiskey or Tequila not both.

>Colin Firth shouldn't have been in it and Roxy should've taken over his scenes.
This
>Also either keep Whiskey or Tequila not both.
Well they kinda did, Whiskey was there only at the beginning and the end and Tequila was the only Statesman in the main segment of the movie

Of they'd kept Roxy in they could've had that scene involve a threesome where her and eggsy pretend to be a couple to seduce the bitch who likes being a third wheel. Then after that it could've made their friendship weird and a relationship could build from it.

Would've been a lot more interesting than "he's now in love with that princess he fucked up the arse in the last film"

I haven't seen many new movies yet, but I was particularly disappointed by these:

>Baby Driver
I like Wright's other movies, it looked good, and it got great reviews. I was pretty shocked by how completely mediocre it was. A lot of the plot also didn't make much sense, and you can kind of tell that Wright had this story kicking around in his head for a long time, because it feels like he forgot to make some plot connections that his brain had gotten used to and glossed over.

>Spiderman Homecoming
I really liked what I was hearing about the movie. The idea of a high school drama or Hey Arnold-ish movie with superheros sounded interesting as fuck and right up my alley. It ended up being a pretty generic Marvel movie.

>Wonder Woman
I initially wasn't expecting much from this because I thought the trailer looked terrible and I haven't liked any of the other DC movies I've seen. I decided to give it a shot because of the stellar reviews it was getting. I didn't hate it, but I didn't like it either. It's probably the most bland superhero movie I've seen; the movie was nothing but strung-together cliches, and I was able to guess everything that was going to happen. The action choreography was also awful, and among the worst I've ever seen.

Alien Covenant, of course.
Also, I wasn't expecting much from Get Out but it was completely pointless.

>expecting anything from "critically acclaimed" capeshit

Fool me twice...

Thor Ragnarok. I haven't watched capeshit in about 5 years and only saw the new one because a qt wanted to see it. The movie was clearly made for children with bazinga tier humor. I remember enjoying the original Thor movie but maybe I was young enough to be in the target audience back then

Curious, where do you rate WW among the DCEU films and where do you rate Homecoming in relation to the other 5 spider man movies or the other 16 MCU movies?
Watching popular movies is fun, and they're popular because they're fun
Unironically turn off your brain and enjoy the ride

You should watch the winter soldier or civil war, they're serious in a couple scenes and do not shoehorn quips literally everywhere

I will not watch capeshit unless there is something in it for me

>recommending civil war

>where do you rate WW among the DCEU films
So far it's the best among them.

>where do you rate Homecoming in relation to the other 5 spider man movies or the other 16 MCU movies?
Worse than Spiderman 1 and 2, maybe on par with Spiderman 3. I haven't seen every other Marvel movie, but it's probably somewhere near the middle.

Pirates 5.
I expected nothing and was still let down.

this

At least the titties were sittin right

Baby Driver
>Wright directing
>pretty decent cast
>trailer looked pretty good
It was such a letdown

>I'm a SCIENTIST

I want to punch the screenwriter in the face.

Actually had the opposite expectation for it, was expecting a 6/10 sequel that was a nostalgic cash grab and got an 8/10 sequel albeit a failure of a nostalgic cash grab.

Had better action than the first one but the plot sucked ass though not that the first one was all that great. But you kind of need some good motivation and purpose for violence in an action movie otherwise it just becomes a long strung out clip of killing people left and right like this movie.

Either this or Blade Runner 2049, because I didn't have expectations for anything else.
BR was disappointing because I didn't like it, Good Time was the first movie I've been "memed into watching"

You're missing out
Yes, it's literally the best movie of 2016. Maybe Hacksaw Ridge is close.
Checked, and excellent taste

>bourgeois mentality
what are you, a neo marxist?

>Logan
>because of favorable reviews
>It felt like such a waste of tension
behold, the biggest pleb of Sup Forums, the capeshit eater, popular opinion holder, and ADHD pleb

kill yourself you fucking pleb

Look at that shit at their feet, at first you think it's a shadow but then you realise it's a fucking squashed refection. These posters are objectively the worst examples of graphic design I've seen for such a high level project.

The Mummy - they announced it to be more into classic 40s horror theme (which parts were good, and liked it) than goofy Brendan series, but had to put universe building and unnecessary humor into it. Not hating, just disappointed a bit.

YEah but whiskey seemed like a last minute rewrite because they wanted to have the traitor thing but liked Tatum too much to have him go bad

I'm still torn up they killed her. I wanted Eggsy and Roxy to have epic adventures. Like a buddy cop flick. Instead, we get two minutes of chemistry and an unceremonious killing off of her.

Yeah, actually that part confused me too. The moment I saw the blue marks on his face I immediately thought that they're going to play the traitor card, so it threw me off. Whiskey and Tequila could indeed have been one character

kek you're right

This. The first had better story a better villain and I thought better music. Was discussing it in another thread but the plot didn't feel like it escalated just random action scenes on the same level ending with Wick throwing around a ladyboy half his size who posed no threat

They "killed" her in such a way that it's clear they left it open for her to come back. Which is what I was expecting the entire fucking film and now if she is in the 3rd it'll be another resurrection in a franchise that's already had too many

She was a fedora though. Sure, she knew her SCIENCE, but she didn't believe in the supernatural. Because, as she said, it's not natural. It exists in PotC universe though. I had great fun watching her disappearing into the jungle shrieking in terror.

You're both retarded. Poppy's men don't use drugs or they're executed.

Fuck it, just bring back my man Merlin at this point. ;_;

Murder on the Orient Express was a giant let down because my dad who apparently knew from previous iterations of the story, told me what happened before I could get a chance to see it.

Should I go see this?

Alien: Covenant .