Batman Begins is the best Batman film of all time and it's not even close

Batman Begins is the best Batman film of all time and it's not even close

agreed

Do you care that I disagree with you?

That's how everyone else feels about your opinion?

You honestly couldn't be more wrong

Wrong.
They're all shit.

>Muh realistic capeshit

The Burton movies are far superior

fuck off nostalgia fag. the action sequences and graphics are shit, so is the make up. I can never understand why people like jack nicholson's joker.

the 2 keaton movies are far superior to any of the other batman movies

batman returns > batman > batman begins > dark knight > batman forever > batman & robin > the dark knight rises

tdk - 8
begins - 7
burton batman - 7
everything else is 6 or below

this scene is great, wish the other two nolan movies were this stylized

Begins is honestly fucking great
>nice color palette
>nice use of Batmobile
>cool villain
>good backstory

horrible farce

Eat shit, Nolanfag. Burton managed to accomplish in one movie what Nolan failed to do in an overly-bloated, pretentious trilogy.

Why do you disagree with me? What's the best Batman film of all time in your opinion?

It was cute for its time.

The thing is, it still had some unrealistic Batman stuff while being more grounded than Burton's Bruce Scissorhands of Fleet Street incel sex fantasy films.

I'd change the order to BB > Batman > BR but otherwise I agree. I can see that you are a true Batman fan because you put TDKR behind B & R.

This aged horribly. And returns is just shit, i'd even rather watch forever over that trash.

The Dark Knight is better.

yeah

the training section on the ice was great

Oh batman took the balloons away and saved the city! yeah real good movie for it's time, now it's just shit. take off those nostalgia glasses

Begins > Returns > Knight > '89 = Rises (plz no bully) > '66 >>> Forever >>>>> Batclooney

It's not a Batman film. It's a half-baked gangster crime film in which one of the side characters happens to dress up in a tacticool costume that makes him look like a bat.

That's what Batman is you retard.

Wrong. I bet you loved The Dark Knight Memes, too.

>it's a good film, but it's not a good X film

I didn't say it's a good film, though. Because apart from Ledger's performance, it isn't.

The Nolan series weren't Batman movies. They were average crime dramas with Batman thrown in because the average audience thinks comic book movies are for kids, so it made them feel good about the fact that they could watch a Batman flick without being labeled a manchild. You take Batman out of these flicks, and you've just got mediocre law & order horseshit.

The Burton movies were the superior representations of Batman. A close second is Batfleck.

Batman begins and Dark Night are a pretty cool and updated version of the franchise. Dark Knight Rises wasn't great, but whatever it's okay, there's always a dud.
The Tim burton films were great when we were kids and didn't know any better also we weren't subjected to shit posting back then so you just take for it whatever you want and leave it that at.

This is the objective stance on batman films in the past 40 years. Everything else is autism

>it's just a crime drama with batman
as it should be

Batman originally just hunted 1940s style gangsters, just because you like the campy bullshit doesn't give you authority to decided what is and isn't "batman"

>Batman kills

Burton fucked up with that one. I still enjoy the movies though. The Nolan ones as well. And the Adam West movie.

t. someone who hasn't seen Batman Begins

See

Batman Begins was massively fucking forgettable, The second was only good because Joker and the third I didn't even watch because it was such a fucking memefest.

>the third I didn't even watch because it was such a fucking memefest.

>Batman originally just hunted 1940s style gangsters
Guess what redditor? It was still campy bullshit.

The only Batman film in which he doesn't kill is Batman & Robin

memefest?

Nolan has a far better understanding of Batman than Burton, who just wanted to make a superhero movie and picked a character that would visually fit in with his already established aesthetic.

Yeah what that user described, crime dramas featuring batman. Hence his complaint about the Nolan movies is invalid

calling redditor is the most reddit thing you can do faggot

Funny post considering that TDK and TDKR were precisely Nolan making the kind of films he wanted to make (crime drama and Howard Hughes biopic) and then wrapping them up in some Batman.

Dr Crane's fear is big black guys?

I'd be fine with that if it wasn't so fucking bland to look at, the closest it ever came to feeling like Gotham was the armored truck chase and even then it was just barely. There were nice little touches to the rest of the movie like masked goons with stereotypical accents and the choice of weapons (lots of run-down old weapons for Joker and his goons) that pushed it a little closer to feeling like Batman, but Nolan's boner for bland cityscapes and sharply-dressed men was a hindrance and clearly overpowered what little compromise he was willing to afford to Batman Begins. Gotham isn't an interchangeable concrete jungle, it's so distinct it's practically a character itself. A nightmarish cacophony of architecture that shouldn't exist.

>Katie Holmes ruins the movie.
>Greatest Batman movie of all time

but nolan doesn't understand batman. that's why his batman takes eight years off after the death of his not girlfriend even though the death of his parents is what pushes him to become a vigilante and the death of his son makes him go apeshit, beating up criminals for like three days straight without sleep.

>that's why his batman takes eight years off after the death of his not girlfriend

After that the Dent act crippled crime in gotham and there wasn't much for him to do.

Rachel was still a fucking retarded addition to the films though.

Whoever did that effect has done coke before

The design of the bat symbol really rustles my jimmies. Why does it have a weird little tail fin?

>Gotham isn't an interchangeable concrete jungle, it's so distinct it's practically a character itself. A nightmarish cacophony of architecture that shouldn't exist

AMEN

This. And then he fucking retired to some cafe in Italy. The fat fuck Harry Knowles wrote a great novel length rant about the film right after he saw it in 2012 and I agree with everything in it. The whole film was a big FUCK YOU to Batman fans.

Only one film truly makes him great. And that's Dawn of Justice. The Dark Knight Rises also comes close though. Notice a pattern? Both movies require the viewer to think.

Realistic capeshit is the only stuff I can watch

Just before production, the film company found they were unable to use the standard Batman logo due to copyright issues that had not yet been cleared. They made small modifications at the base of the symbol, and made their movie.

Before Batman Returns, they secured rights to use the more standard emblem, which is why the little feet are missing on the 1992 chest emblem.

Weird to see such a change in visual style without changing director or cinematographer.

If you were thinking while watching TDKR you'd realise it's shit.

Hey OP, I think there's a typo in this post. You mean the most boring Batman film, not best.

The only decent part about it is the first hour. As soon as he actually becomes Batman, it's a snooze villain. I mean really, Katie Holmes, the awful villains, that shit CGI narrows city awkwardly placed in the middle of Chicago, the stupid ninjas? How is it the best Batman movie ever made?

The only good part is the beginning where he trains, that quick shot where he becomes a CGI demon hallucination thing and the end with the signal and joker card. That's it.

The Dark Knight Rises made me think about killing myself so I guess you are right

Huh. That was actually quite interesting. Thank you, faggot.

MOM'S GONNA FREAK

>Gotham isn't an interchangeable concrete jungle, it's so distinct it's practically a character itself. A nightmarish cacophony of architecture that shouldn't exist.

that's like your opinion man

Nolan wanted it to be more realistic.

Bruce Wayne is beaten the fuck up and his leg barely works and he is getting old. He has to retire.

This is the objectively correct answer. Begins is a close second though.

Batman would die defending the city, not retire.

the training, IS NOTHING