What's gonna happen to the MCU after Infinty War?

What's gonna happen to the MCU after Infinty War?

They're probably gonna roll out some more sequels
Most people will lose interest.

Thunderbolts and New Avengers. I'm putting my cards on the table.

Legacy Heroes
I hope ya like Willow Smith as Riri

>Most people will lose interest.
This.

The torrid love-affair with MCU is because they've been building up to 'something', and this is really it. They no doubt will sequel bait and throw hooks by the thousands, but all gimmicks have been explored.

Thunderbolts hopefully

People have been doomsaying since the start. Just give up already.

Hit Monkey

I think Fiege is smart enough to know how most people feel about the legacies Marvel has been pumping out.

Alright, let's look at this statistically.

We'll be getting a Spider-Man movie every 2 years, so Spider-Man 3 will most likely be called Graduation Day and he leaves High School. Probably Mysterio, Scorpion, Kraven, other small fry villains. Nothing too special.

Dr. Strange 2 has the clearest direction with Mordo going bad and the director stressing how badly he wants to do Nightmare as a villain.

Guardians of the Galaxy 3 hopefully will continue the same DnA inspired stuff, but I wouldn't be shocked if the Black Vortex is the third film.

Then we got Ant-Man 3, Captain Marvel 2, and Black Panther 2, and that's if they do cap off the previous franchises with three films. Maybe Cassie will be old enough to be turning into Stature for Ant-Man 3.

Thunderbolts is a very likely new franchise, and I'm sure that Black Widow will get her film cause so much online demand, so they'll throw them a bone.

As for Avengers 5 (I keep wanting to say 4), I'm going to say a Masters of Evil type film with the first part being Breakout of New Avengers.

Young Avengers will go to Hulu with the Runaways.

This is the first I've ever said something on this, I'm not going "THIS TIME it's the end" so much as all trends end, and comic book movies are going to get to the end of their rope too, not just the MCU.

This seems like the most plausible burn-out stage at the earliest so far.

It won't be much different, except there won't be multi-phase arcs, only single phase arcs. Every phase will end with the big special movie to end that plotline.

The next phase will likely be all new heroes plus sequels to the newer Avengers memebers like Black Panther, Carol, and Spidey.

Hopefully there is an increase in tone diversity and creator-driven work, but I'm not holding my breath.

I think Marvel fell for their own trap. We don't need legacies, just new heroes. A new Iron Man is still Iron Man, and a new Spider-Man is still Spider-Man. Just brush off other heroes and put them in prominence. Hell, make that fat fuck Bendis actually work on characters who aren't his 70's favorites and they might get a good push, but then again, that would involve Bendis being original.

I actually wished that Marvel would have a back up plan if the superhero bubble burst. Like, do more off beat stuff, like Runaways as a film or other stuff that is removed from the superhero genre.

If RDJ leaves then it will fade off. It will still be popular for awhile but not what it was.

To add to this, I think Sony will push for Spider-Man spinoff films as well, such as a Venom franchise or other characters like the Black Cat. I think their endgoal will be a Spider-Verse film.

They get back FF or the Xmens and introduce them. That as a event can effect the other heroes.

Thing is, when they get the X-Men back, what can they do with them? DoFP, Apocalypse, multiple Magento as the villain films, and so on have been done. There really isn't much left to do with the X-Men if they get into the MCU.

No, not really, people will ask for more.

Star Wars Crossover.

>They get back FF or the Xmens

If Logan does well they wont get the X-men back. Fox will likely do Low budget movies for big returns. Deadpool really fucked over Disneys chances of getting the mutants

It's really funny, cause this is such a terrible idea, but I really want it. I really want it.

Comic book movies are just action movies with a more recognizable cast. They aren't going anywhere.

There is no way it could be good, but I agree. I want to see it too. Preferably before Hamill dies. Have him and Captain America beat up some mooks.

idk user i love all the mcu shit and im started to get worn down i mean im gona watch the rest of the secuels left like ant man 3 and stuff but i dont think im gona have the energy to stay for another mega proyect

This

I wont see Captain Marvel and I'm not sold on Spider-Man either

This.
In a sense, movies like Furious 7, or Star Wars are also superhero movies, they just don't wear costumes.

What you think is irrelevant, the masses will eat it up.

No one in Sup Forums is a good example to represent such things.

Hell, I want to see Vader vs. the Hulk.

>but i dont think im gona have the energy to stay for another mega proyect
What the fuck are you guys even talking about? What energy do you even need for this shit? 3 movies a year, that's like 6 hours of content to browse a year! How lazy are you fucks?

It's not like there are many other films coming out anymore...

im not saying im not gona torrent them but im not gona watch them in theaters anymore

I don't like Carol

I always find it funny that peopel act like movies are such a hassle. Now Netflix shows, those a fucking hassle cause they are upwards to 13 hours and all that shit. With these films, they're months apart. One in May, one in July, one in November.

they feel obligated to spend at least fifty hours shitposting on social media about everything they watch

I'm genuinely curious how they will do the film though. I would laugh so hard if she comes off like MCU Starlord and her own fans hate her but everyone loves her.

"Thunderbolts" has SIX good issues in all they existence and you guys want to make a franchise of it.

Six issues.

That's more than you can say about Ant-Man and Carol Danvers. Thunderbolts was a lot like Priest's Black Panther run.

I can them playing it safe with her and turning her into another quip machine.

I think the comic push has just soured me completely. I really just want the movie to fail so the comic guys can finally drop her

I wouldn't mind seeing the New Warriors get a crack at the big leagues.

What do you mean? Busiek through Nicieza is gold

they are problably try to sell the movie like a key chapther of infinity war so it doesnt flop

I can only imagine the autistic ragestorm that would ensue if they used that roster of New Warriors instead of the 90's one. It would be delicious.

i rather have the original new warriors

I'm pretty sure they scrapped the tv series project, so I doubt they'll try a movie with them.

I get that feeling. It's like how I want Spider-Man Homecoming to bomb because the way people have so much unreal expectations for it. Like, it's tedious.
Getting pushed as a comedy TV show.

I don't get Marvel. They have a lot of good movie properties and they are pushing them all to TV. Inhumans, Runaways, New Warriors, there won't be much left to do in the films.
Making a film a requirement to understand Part 2? What is this? Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories?

Sounds a bit messy. They really have to sell Carols character and tie her into something that's 10 years in the making. Marvel are probably the only people that can pull that off.

But in saying that It feels kind of cheap that Carol will sweep in at the last minute and be so important to everything going on. They drop the ball with this and they make her an insufferable Mary Sue

You can't have a ragestorm for a fandom that doesn't exist.

I'm just gonna play Devil's Advocate here, you don't need a vast library of quality books to make a good film about those characters.
All you need is a firm grasp of the characters and the right tone.

If the MCU ends, how fucked are the prominent actors?
I can see RDJ begging Feige not to kill off Iron Man or replace him
The role saved his career and now he's a type cast

Marvel would be foolish to make a film tie in so much to Infinity Wars. The reasons the films have worked so well is that they are standalone. You can usually just pick up a film and still feel like you got everything you need to know. The one Marvel film that failed at this? Age of Ultron, and we seen the results.

If they want Captain Marvel to work, it needs to be more Dr. Strange and Ant-Man than Spider-Man Homecoming.

Avengers 5

This. We got an Ant-Man film based off two issues that worked out well, and will get future films. What they will be about? God knows, but I have faith that they can pull it off.

Thunderbolts has more than enough lore to be successful. And even then, all they need to do is put spotlight on the characters and it'll last even longer.

Dude, RDJ can stop making a film past Avengers 4 and could probably be set for life.

are you serious

he's one of the highest paid actors in Hollywood. 50 million a picture. he could quit right now if he wanted to. he made his fortune. People come TO HIM to do the begging

Which MCU movies are out this year?

Oh please user. RDJ has more money than the other Avengers combined. The only thing that could end the MCU is if he leaves. Marvel really wants Spider-Man to make a billion so they shoved him in it

Guardians of the Galaxy, Spider-Man, and Thor: Ragnarok

got 2, thor 3 and spider man

I really hope they do all the Venom shit. Like having him attached to different Avengers and Carnage and all that.

Guardians and Spider-Man. I don't know what the third one is

i woud love to see annihilation adapted doe

Thanks

Thor Ragalagadingdangdong.

Maybe in phase 8 or 9.

Oh yeah. Meh, no wonder I forgot

I'm looking at the release schedule right now and I can't figure out why they would release Ant-Man and Wasp so soon after IW when they have nothing else coming out that year

why the guardians are already famous we only need some players like nova and moondragon

Unless Disney gets the rights from Fox by buying out the entire company.

I don't think Marvel Studios gives enough of a shit to establish those guys when GotG already rake in enough money.

That won't happen though

Assuming IW will be good, then the public will want more immediately, Ant Man & Wasp is the public fix.

Is Ant-Man and Wasp coming out between part 1 and 2? Cuz if it is, I think Marvel Studios is just using it to fill the space they had for Inhumans

Ant Man-Wasp and Captain Marvel come out between IW 1 and 2

If they did do a secret wars you'd think it be more like the original or closer to Hickmans run

Why do people still act as if RDJ is their only major draw?
That might've been true 4 years ago, but they've made great strides since then.
I'd even go so far as to say that Chris Evans as Cap is starting to overshadow him.

>closer to Hickmans run

Damn I want God Doom the movie

>The torrid love-affair with MCU is because they've been building up to 'something',

no, normies are not even aware of "infinity stones" sub-plot going on
they watch those movies because they are "fun"

>Why do people still act as if RDJ is their only major draw?

Because no movie without him has made over 800mil

RDJ makes more than all the main casts combined in a Marvel movie that Iron Man is in.

yes, yes, the one after infinity war will finally be the one that flops

this shit is borderline Sup Forums levels of nintendoomed at this point

This really, without him it'll just become another regular franchise like Star Trek or something

This guy is literally fucking the MCU because he wants out so bad. They have to pay him half of the budget and then the action scenes look like the Power Rangers.

Go to bed Chris

"The one after IW will surely flop this time!"

>"Yeah but I don't wanna shitpost between those, it'll take too long"

t.Logic

Burtduck Cumonsnatch
Sebastian Stan (worst case scenario if there is no Chris Evans)
Brie Larson
Spider-Man (in this case, the character, rather than the kid himself)

MCU will be fine even without RDJ. Don't underestimate the Bucky fangirls and Cribbledutch's star power.

Sup Forums will insist they've always been that fandom just to bitch.

RDJ is set out for life.

18+

this. anyone who isn't able to retire after earning more than a billion deserves to be homeless.

Sup Forums doesn't count as 'most people' user.

Combo.
You use Shooter's Beyonder & Battleworld concepts, but on Hickman's mutliversal scale.
Each component universe is a different pre-MCU superhero movie. Nick Gage Ghost Rider, Raimi Spidey, 90s B-movie FF etc..

Spider-Man already got greenlit for a sequel, so there will be another phase after this.

y no keikakkucat?

inhumans

Demoted to tv series.

I'm not a big Thunderbolts fan but would be quit interested to know what those good issues are IYO.
Jeff Parker's run alone was the tits, beginning to end. And that's not even the 'best'.