HOW DID HOMER AFFORD THIS PLACE?

HOW DID HOMER AFFORD THIS PLACE?

Other urls found in this thread:

media.giphy.com/media/3o6Mbg7KLvg9RyrBDi/giphy.gif
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Has that back room behind the garage in the upper right hand corner ever appeared in an episode? I can't remember that room. Or the bathroom next to it?

Sup Grimey.

>I can't remember that room
jesus christ get a load of this pleb

same

Provincial towns in middle America in the 1980s had incredibly low house prices.

he works as a nuclear safety inspector

It's a TV show, it's fictional

Homer was watching TV in there during a storm and Bart and Milhouse(?) were fighting in the tree house

I was watching simpsons while thinking about this image and they have a lot of liberty with the layout of the simpson house.

small shitty town , probably 100,000, because of the area. it isn't bad at all for a house totally doable in about 10-15 years. i payed 40,000 in 6 years but in SD, CA and everything is super expensive here but i managed to do it.

also if i remember correctly abe helped out with the house too.

Damn 90s Simpsons was so cosy

This. Anyone has more screenshots of this room?

Yeah, I believe so. There's a point where Milhouse and Bart are in the treehouse in a storm fighting and Marge calls out to Homer to see if they're okay and he doesn't even look out the window and says they're fine, I think he's in that room there.

Because its your average cardboard cheaply made amerimutt mcmansion.

That was the comic book episode right?

Small town America is cheap as shit

His dad sold his house so that he could get it.

American houses are made of cardboard and plywood, also land isn't a scarcity so it's less expensive

its a crappy house niggers

this would probably be half as much 20 years ago

Homer also sits in that green chair when he thinks the fish is going to kill him.

That house must have belonged to someone else, formerly.

The pic is incorrect. Remember the episode "Last Exit To Springfield"? Lisa punched a hole through the wall above marge and homers bed after saying "Our walls are paper thin".

Absolutely. Maybe even less depending on what other factors you want to take into account.

Boomer dad bought him t

he house

A nuclear technician in the private sector earns nearly $100,000 a year on average. That is more than enough to buy a modest two-story in suburbia.

>ctrl + f "sneed"
>0 results

jesus christ Sup Forums what the fuck is happening?

I think the Simpson's house is right next to the nuclear power plant. Who would want to live there?

Other anons have pointed to the "stormy treehouse" episode, first thing I thought of too.

In at least one early episode, it's referred to as "the rumpus room" but it's been a looooong time. The last non-classic simpsons that I can remember watching was the Movie, on general principles. I think I tuned out of new content circa 2004 as 1) adult normie life priorities were sapping my time and 2) I genuinely no longer enjoyed watching the show around that point. I'll occasionally re-watch the classix memoriez though.

I thought of this as well but there's an episode which very clearly depicts Homer's paystub and it's quite modest.

>They're fine.

>HOW DID HOMER AFFORD THIS PLACE?

Because from the turn of the century through the 1980s you could afford a 4-bedroom house anywhere in the country with average employment. Years of boomers running the country and corporate favoritism have made it impossible to own land without an elite job. Someone out of college now is unlikely to even find work for years, let alone something that will pay bills.

That's the weirdest place for a basement stairway. I guess they didn't figure out where to put that until the rest of the house had been drawn.

The picture is accurate, but some episodes play fast 'n' loose with the layout to appease the direction.

It is, but in only one episode. Otherwise it would be silly for Homer to drive to work.

Looks like there's some wasted space above the front door. They could easily have some closet space there, or even another bathroom.

media.giphy.com/media/3o6Mbg7KLvg9RyrBDi/giphy.gif

It is apparently called the "Rumpus Room".

Because everything in that pic including the house was mass produced

Just like this thread

Chucks?

I remember it being used in that weird killer babysitter episode from what must have been season 1/2.

Also, I'm pretty sure that little hallway area is bullshit, because that kitchen door has lead directly to said room, the garage, and more importantly, the basement steps, which I'm sure Homer has fallen down directly from the kitchen.

I think it's more to do with the fact that having a staircase behind (near) the couch allows for a lot of visual gags and storytelling.
>kelly_bundy_bending_black_leather_mini.webm

Around $17,376 a year. Adjusted for inflation this is about $33K. Assuming they have no savings, and generally suck with finance (which seems accurate), it's not unreasonable to assume they'll put up to 50% of their earnings into their housing and they received a substantial gift for a down payment(which they did from Homer's father). They can afford $1,375 a month for their mortgage.

On a 30 year mortgage, that's close to a half million dollar house. So, yeah. Homer can definitely afford it. Though he really shouldn't.

Homer is a baby boomer

He sold some seeds on the side.

>small shitty town
>literally neighbors with an ex president
yeah sure

>heh cardboard amerimansion. not well built by expert craftsman like my 9x11 foot cuckshed

tv magic fag, think of all the houses In movies,they literally pasedna million dollar homes shot as if the common people can have em. it was all anti-soviet propaganda

Abe simpson is a veteran of the WWI

Move out of the city and be shocked what housing is like in non jew areas, I live in a 2 story house with a full basement and 5 rooms and I pay 450 a month on it

>He doesn't know how much a nuclear safety inspector makes.

How is that mcjob going?

I thought Abe was a Vietnam Vet. Everyone from WW1 is dead, and WW2 is too old.

Aint it the truth

>non jew areas

Please go back to wherever you came from.

child doesn't think a nuclear safety inspector salary can buy a 4 bedroom home. must be a europoor

Here's the bathroom

What's it like living in methville? You can't even get an apartment for less than $1500 within 40 miles of where I live.

he was a flying hellfish

I don't know what that has to do with being in Nam.

He worked part time at Sneeds.

Before or after it became a forced meme?

It's also been in the main hall closet.

Which is the best season?

The one with Sneed.

I think maybe the fourth