Now that the dust has settled, what did Sup Forums think of the Regular Show finale?

Now that the dust has settled, what did Sup Forums think of the Regular Show finale?

It's a load of crap, Mordecai and Rigby were meant for each other

I can't stand these shippers

It was ridiculous, retarded, weird shit for no other purpose than being weird. It treated Pops death with way too much seriousness, but not in a funny way. It would have been emotional if Pops died in an unexpectedly, uncharacteristically realistic way, but instead he... flies into the sun? And everyone acts like it was this amazing feat of storytelling?

It feels like the series is a long running inside joke that I was never let in on.

It should have happened after the first episode.

All this.

The only reason it was well received was for the last few minutes, where we actually got to see what became of the characters.

better than gravity falls

I still think the epilogue is hot rushed garbage.

>Complaining that Regular Show ended with a stupid, over-the-top ending
Dude, every episode had a stupid climax, this one just resulted in Pops' death.

honestly I thought it was pretty good, would have been nice for Margaret, CJ, and Thomas to have shown up in the epilogue though(I actually kinda like the idea one of the crew had about Margaret hooking up with Don)

I just finished watching it earlier today. Honestly, I recall some other, less meaningful episodes having a lot more climactic and satisfying endings but overall it was... okay.

...like that's a challenge.

Holy crap yes, I missed Thomas too!

I thought it was excellent. Very emotional, funny, and epic like the title suggests. Always loved Regular Show. I will never understand why you guys hate the things you do sometimes. It was an incredibly sweet show with loads of character development and humor. Quite possibly the best cartoon of the 2010's in overall quality. That might change depending on how Adventure Time ends.

It was silly and over the top, but that was the point

liked the episode two before that the most, basically Format Wars Part 3

Rigby got a good ending, that's all that matters

It was cool until the whole 'reality undoing itself' bullshit where the concept art and shit started flying everywhere

Felt pretentious and retarded, like the writer was sitting there going 'haha THIS'LL be unique and interesting!!'

That was just them having fun. If it makes you feel any better JG Quintel the series creator wrote those bits, and he's never been pretentious, he's usually a laid back guy. He just thought it would be fun, and it was to some people.

Also I personally don't like how they had a "show don't tell" ending to this 6 year long show. It felt weird that after everyone got back due to the montage we only had Mordecai and Rigby (and Pops by extension) say anything. It felt kinda lackluster.

I'm a general fan of the show though, and I did like seeing the characters lives be rounded out, just wish it was elaborated more on.

It was shit and the only guy praising it is the person who made the premiere threads.

>I actually kinda like the idea one of the crew had about Margaret hooking up with Don
Source? All I'm aware of is Madeline Queripel's "non-canon" comics about Margaret and CJ.

There was an Reddit AMA.

The sticky notes/storyboard/student film sequence was cool; I just wish it'd been pulled off better. TAWoG did something similar in an amazing way with their Season 3 finale: "The Money". That most likely wouldn't have been possible with RS's budget/production process, so just using mixed media like Clarence tends to do would've still been great.

What are the RS board artists all doing now? What is JG gonna do, for that matter?

For anyone who doesn't get how this is RS related, Guys Night episode had Pops trying to do this challenge.

I liked how Mordecai got with a bat instead of the two girls CN execs forced to flood the show with.

For anyone who didn't know, CJ was a product of a forced love triangle thing the execs wanted. Luckily we got a good character out of it, shame she was never allowed to grow beyond constantly being pissed at Mordecai and being anything other than Mordecai's "other" girl. Side effect of not being planned though.

It wasn't said but I can also assume the relationship episodes going on for sooo fucking long was an executive meddling thing too, since the CJ thing happened.

>I liked how Mordecai got with a prop.

To the fans who had to put u with the executive meddling it was bullshit (and rightfully considered so), but inside the studio to the people making it, which doesn't really matter to most fans I know, executive meddling didn't win.

Margaret was the original one and only love interest for Mordecai, and either way on how long that was originally supposed to last, he wasn't going to get with her. CJ was an unplanned obstacle.

CN Execs have constantly pushed this show down, like how in Rigby's Graduation Day Special they urged the writers/JG to include Mordecai more, which led to him being an obnoxious jackass. Luckily they managed to execute it well enough in my opinion. Mordecai's problem with Rigby suddenly becoming a more "established" person is a very real thing, most cartoons would just say "No Mordecai was being a dick, he was in the wrong, and nothing matters on his part of why he did it", but him explaining he felt like he was in a rut while Rigby was coming up to him in terms of life progression was a good plot point, especially since it was forced.

Other times execs meddled was with Rigby being less of a jerk (which depending who you are became a good thing), and keeping Benson from being too likable (which was sort of ignored after Season 7 became the "penultimate season"), since his identity to the show was specifically the asshole boss (whether or not in the right or wrong, his role was to be a rude semi-antagonist to the main characters).

I can only imagine all the other un-said shit CN did in this show's run.

When you are dealt a rough hand you make the best of it. These people didn't even try in the end. He didn't need to end with either CJ or Margaret, but that could have been done in a more satisfying way instead of something hollow.