/CTG/ Channel-tans General

Love Bug Edition

Drawfags and Writefags are more than welcome to contribute

>What is a Channel-tan?
An anthropomorphic personification of a television channel.

>Why are you making these?
For the simple reason that we can.

>Why are they all girls?
Japanese -tan tradition. But we do have some boy -tans too.

>Where is the gallery for all the images?
channel-tan.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list

>Where is the Pastebin for all the ideas?
pastebin.com/aFgUXApa

>Previous Threads?
pastebin.com/rCJCzJMi

>How can I help?
If a Channel doesn't have a personality yet, then you can suggest ideas for one.
If a Channel doesn't have a design yet, then you can suggest ideas for one.
If a Channel has a personality and a design, then you can draw them.
If multiple Channels have all of the above, then you can draw comics of them interacting.

>How many Channels do we need?
All of them. but mostly those who are Sup Forums related.

And last but not least, remember to have
>Fun

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2017/2/10/14575616/att-time-warner-merger-date-2017-ceo-interview
fortune.com/2017/02/09/viacom-puts-its-might-behind-six-brands-to-turn-itself-around/
youtube.com/watch?v=yRYFKcMa_Ek
nypost.com/2016/12/05/viacom-executive-denise-denson-out-after-22-years/
thewrap.com/viacom-ceo-calls-mtv-us-strategy-mistake/
youtu.be/uxpDa-c-4Mc
youtube.com/watch?v=em0MknB6wFo
i.gyazo.com/47e3c4c733a43893dece9d3e2c817768.png
youtu.be/qi7Yh16dA0w
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BrainsAndBrawn
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Welcome to /CTG/!

>Bug

I see what you did there

HAPPY EARLY ST. VALENTINE'S DAY /CTG/!

Happy Saint Valentine's Day

Awww, that's really cute

Cheers mate. you got a nice pic right there

She's lethal for our PCs and Phones but feels so goddamn good

For some reason AT&T reminds me of SHODAN

It's because she's evil... ?

They really got a love this weekend and I love it!

Nah, it's because she's really into our beloved hero.

>theverge.com/2017/2/10/14575616/att-time-warner-merger-date-2017-ceo-interview

Oh shit, it's happening!

Nicktoons gets no love.

Durian, you're alive!

It's a St. Valentine miracle!

Well at least she got some love today, back to the void for the rest of the year

That's Nicktoon's life

>fortune.com/2017/02/09/viacom-puts-its-might-behind-six-brands-to-turn-itself-around/

Hopefully Nicktoons can survive the purge that Bakish is going to implement in the coming years.

I'm okay with this. Now Papa Turner has a cool wife.

She can't she's weak!

But I love her...

AT&T is evil but they've a lot of money and things Papa Turner can use for its channels, it's a good deal to be quite honest.

Nicktoons user is going to be really happy... if he still alive

Not necessarily, NBCU merged with Comcast and still, NBC has had to get rid of two network channels, Cloo and Esquire Network.

Is this the same thing with Spike becoming Paramount Network?

I would sell my soul for that phone

Are you sure?

You see, that's why she remind me of Shoda

Yeah, that one tan is pretty hot

Not really but it's close to UPB and WB having The CW

Yeah, Viacom is discovering the hard way that having 25 channels in the age of skinny bundles/smaller cable packages isn't a good idea economically. More than 80% of it's cable revenue comes from only six channels, the rest is dead weight.

Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., MTV, Comedy Central, Spike and BET are the one's Viacom is going to strengthen. As for the rest, they're thinking about decreasing monetary flow to them for to the six bigger ones and are thinking about merging/combining niche ones.

Viacom is also making Paramount work closer to the rest of the company instead of it being left out, hence the Spike rebranding.

Oh god you guys, Vi's family is gonna get smaller.

You're a Saint, Durian.

By the way, welcome back!

youtube.com/watch?v=yRYFKcMa_Ek

After a decade of EVERY SATELLITE AND CABLE PROVIDER dropped them at one time or another because nobody was watching most the Viacom package which crippled their viewership. Really took fucking long enough.

It seems that a lot of things are happening in the house of Viacom

Happy St. Valentines Day, user
That pic is really cute and I love the amount of love they're getting this day

Not necessarily smaller, but they will have to work together. Poor Viacom, but he wanted to have 20 MTVs and 10 VH1, not to mention the infinite amount of Nicks in the world.

There's no love for the Lunchable guys nowadays

They've had like four Nicks for almost 20 years and done little with most of them.

The person that negotiated said deals with said cable providers was fired months ago, thankfully. Due to her all or nothing approach/spitting in their face, many deals were ruined and Viacom's cable networks had been dropped. The DirecTV spat from a few years back comes to mind.

nypost.com/2016/12/05/viacom-executive-denise-denson-out-after-22-years/

Vi has a new CEO and is trying to get it back on track after the bullshit of 2016, which was, quite possibly, the worst year that company ever had. Even that failed car bombing attempt pales in comparison.

AWW YEAH! More Cisney... I really need a better name for these two.

Good maybe Netflix can get some shows back. Really miss Angry Beavers.

>Comedy Central

She's safe, for now!

Comedy Central is on fire right now, they've good shows and it's Stand-up is funny asf

So my fellow user, don't worry

Her replacements for her "news hour" have been flagging since their start. Either try again or scrap the plan since Colbert is now just doing his old bits on a different network.

Well, I guess I'm in love with my internet company now... It could be worse.

She literally forgot about us in these parts cut our services and wouldn't return our calls. It was not a healthy relationship.

>AT&T
>healthy relationship

I mean who needs a healthy relationship if you've a super hottie as wife

She's still alive thanks to South Park and Colbert.

Viacom really loves music, but music doesn't love Viacom

That is true, but they are very aware of it. That's why there are always South Park marathons to attract audiences.

The problem was is that Viacom quit playing music and turned to reality shows. Bakish is starting to try and get MTV back on track.

thewrap.com/viacom-ceo-calls-mtv-us-strategy-mistake/

This new guy seems to know what he's doing, but then again the guy was in charge of the international branch of the company and it grew under his leadership.

Well, I prefer Papa Turner but I hope this does not affect Viacom, he's a cool guy.

Poor Comedy Central, born in April Fools Day, has two dads, and her channel has never been stable. I'm surprised she's still alive.

CC-tan life sounds like a Greek tragedy.

His first quarterly report this year was somewhat positive and there was some growth and shoring up of old wounds. The company still has a lot of work to do, but the CEO seems to understand the gist of the problems and is working to correct them.

Vi has a new boss who actually understands the company and wants to make it better. The old CEO was an asshole who only made his paycheck bigger at the expense of the company he owned.

I owe you my life, Durian areyou are working on something else? I miss your art dude

>I trace your calls

Jesus Christ, i'm going to use that as my new wallpaper

When will Nick compete in CN bowl? Best girl needs to win the booty

That's a nice couple, I really like your style thanks for the nice picture, user

Sorry user, it's not easy for Nick to have a relationship or spend time with her friends when you have a father like Viacom.

Be careful, you do not want to end up like Drake
>youtu.be/uxpDa-c-4Mc

Well that's thanks to the new season of South Park, I hope she gets a new show or better seasons for those that already exist. Comedy Central really has many good things but needs a better schedule.

But CN kicked Viacom's ass before and Turner beats it annually. I just want CN and Nick to be happy together

Life is not easy for a comedian.

I know user, but it is not the time or place, perhaps in the future. Have faith, and miracles you will see.

Comedy Channel need Triptank 2.0

OR MAYBE, JUST MAYBE... Ugly Americans Reboot

youtube.com/watch?v=em0MknB6wFo

>Ugly Americans Reboot

Please no, that show was amazing, it doesn't need a reboot or remake, maybe a new season tho

Mah nigga Durian delivering the goodies from nowhere

Soon user, soon
i.gyazo.com/47e3c4c733a43893dece9d3e2c817768.png

I want a new season for Invader Zim

>That pic

Now i'm picturing Netflix trying to help Amazon Video to grow big and popular, just like her. So Hulu can'tt hurt her since Amazon is a good bodyguard.

Looking good, can't wait to see the full thing

They both have sexy voices?

So what does Teennick do on Valentine's Day ? Does she try to get Vi's dick? Reflect on breaking up with Stoner? Drinks her worries away? Fuck G4 ?

Who knows what miracles you can achieve. When you believe...

She spends her day in her room drinking, watching old pictures of her as The N next to Stoner.

I suppose she does not have a great love life, but I like to believe that she likes this kind of celebrations. In a melancholy, but cute way.

>youtu.be/qi7Yh16dA0w
TeenNick's Valentines Jam

>CN is hanging out with Nick for the first time
>CN met her a few times, but never really got to know her until now
>As they're going to the mall and the movies CN sees this giant shadow out of the corner of her eye and it's following them
CN: "Nick, do you see anything strange?"
Nick: "Nah, just these outrageous prices."
>Every time Nick leaves the thing starts whispering her
>It's finally evening and she drags CN to her house
>Looks like some sort of modern fortress/mansion
CN: "Hey, Nick, are those garden gnomes moving?
Nick: "Yeah, they do that, just don't walk on the grass and you'll be ok."
>CN finally comes in and she's surprised at how, normal, Nick's house is on the inside
>She sees a normal living room and a couple of couches, several actually
>She also doesn't see that shadow anymore and she's relieved, until she hears a voice at the top of the stairs
Vi: "Nick, is that you? You forgot to feed Spongy before you left"
>CN turns to look at the deep voice and is scared again. Holy shit it's that shadow, but has even more detail
CN: "Nick, who-who's that?"
Nick: "Oh, that's just my dad, Viacom. He's nice."
CN: "Are you sure that's not a demon?"
Nick: "Pretty sure, but I've been wrong before."
>Nick then leaves her side to feed some thing named "Spongy", and leaves her alone with her dad
CN: "Hey, Mr. Vi, how's it going?"
>Vi says nothing and just walks towards her, before stopping to stand over her
Vi: "If you're here to steal secrets, I'll stop you kid."
CN: "It's good to meet you too, Nick's dad. Have you met my dad, Time Warner, he's a pretty big guy."
>He glares at her some more before stalking off somewhere
>Soon, Nick comes back holding a yellow dish sponge and guides her to her room for video games and movies

>Later, when CN is back home, she tells Time Warner of her day.
CN: "You know that Codename: Kids Next Door show I'm working on?"
TW: "Yeah."
CN: "Guess what, I finally have a perfect villain for it, his name will be Father."

I want to believe user... but a comic isn't enough, I want a new season!

Happy early Valentine's Day!

CUTE!

You have really nice draw of Nicktoons, welcome back!

Ohhhh.

Happy St. Valentines Day, Perla!

>Filename

I kek'd. Nice pic, Perla! ^u^

I love how Disney is so grumpy but we all know she loves her friends

Welcome back, Perla and Happy Early Saint Valentine's Day to you too

can you feel the love tonight? do you feel it? I do!

Hey Perla, nice pic you got there

Goddamn user it's too early for the feels... Poor Teena

St. Valentine is not just about love between partners, but about love in general. With that in mind, my headcanon is that TeenNick spends all day delivering gifts to her family and friends.

If the new season of Samurai Jack is a success maybe Nick will give Zim another chance

You've no idea how long I've waited for this fic, really. I always wanted a fic with CN using Viacom as inspiration for 'Father'.

Yes, I think that would be the most logical answer, I like this idea

> Amazon is Netflix's bodyguard

That's adorable, I suppose that's why they're always together

Such cute pic with our lovely main trio

That's a trope

>tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BrainsAndBrawn

Oh yeah this reminded me I wanted to draw something with channel-tan(s) and Trope-tan

I would like to read more "origins" like this one

Mornin Guys

Here's a request from last thread

OH SHIT IT HAS A NAME!

I love those duos, they're funny