Racism aside, you've got to admit, blackface was funny

Racism aside, you've got to admit, blackface was funny.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/iMtSqdRoagw?t=1m47s
youtube.com/watch?v=5aPbefau2Zc
youtube.com/watch?v=WlLtAeesr7M
youtube.com/watch?v=PIaj7FNHnjQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

well any stereotype when written well is pretty funny, whether its jewish, muslim, black, asian, white, whatever

Yes it IS funny because of how inacurate it is, the fun behind it is the misconcept wich only got juicier by the time thanks to how outdated it is.

They should really bring it back.

XD

fuck liberals

I unironically love al jolson. I think he's a great singer. He's got a great voice and his songs are catchy. Some of them.

is kinda fun and charming in an innocent, old-timey way. also, it won't become pc again in america in our lifetimes

>racism aside
"racism" doesn't have a say in my decisions whether something is funny

spotted the nazi

never understood the big lip thing

Posting blackfaces in tv and film

no I just wonder how bad their skin must have been

Funnier than whiteface

Jewface is extremely underrated

I dunno, it's funny for like 5 seconds because of how dumb it looks. Of course it can be funnier if you write a good joke around it.

AYOO WHOOPI
*smacks lips*

>inaccurate

t. Stereotypical black

You sure about that?

Based Sam Hyde, bringing it back!

no i dont

>tfw you were there for the Mad Men threads when this happened

average american?

Inb4 le 56% face

>Facepaint, how hilarious!

There's a pretty fascinating history behind it that's worth learning about if you're interested in the performing arts of the early 20th century because of how integrated minstrel shows were with everything else. It was a pretty major part of entertainment history that shouldn't be ignored or reviled as much as it is; something like minstrelcy is worth studying to understand its contexts and influences.

Blackface was basically just a clown act with different color makeup. And speaking of clowns, the image everyone has now of that style of comedy has pretty similar roots to blackface; it was people dressing up as idiotic rural peasants. The red hair and red noses come from the English stereotypes of Irish farmers as drunks.

I don't really like to antagonize black people, but it's funny because it's really crass.

Have you ever seen a nigger?

>blackface
>innocent
>painting your face to look like a different race so you can point and laugh at their culture
>innocent

took the wrong turn from reddit and came to Sup Forums instead of tumblr eh?

That's what Thor: Ragnarok was about, though.

>"culture"

He's right though

I'm sure he's left

>treating human beings like human beings makes you a progressive
try again nigger

Not being racist isn't exclusive to leftists, user.

>niggers
>human beings

>ywn there
fuck

It is exclusive to soyboy numales tho

Can you make a post that isn't a string of meme words?

>having such delicate sensibilities that base mockery is considered not treating someone like a human
if you arent a woman you may want to consider suicide or transitioning (and the inevitable suicide)
racism was [literally] invented by a communist and is not a real concept so I disagee

>soyboy
Why did this word explode in popularity lately?

I think people who post stuff like that are secretly left-wing and are trying to use cringe to alienate people who might otherwise we sympathetic to right-wing ideas. I don't really think that, but wouldn't be surprised if it were true.

>point and laugh at their culture
Ow my feelings, someone made fun of my culture owww
Meanwhile white people are openly mocked, can't dance, weak, bad at sex.

Poe's law user. You can never truly know

>can't dance, weak, bad at sex.
Mostly true desu

youtu.be/iMtSqdRoagw?t=1m47s

And black people are criminals, dumb, loud, obnoxious and have big lips so I guess blackface is OK too

The Always Sunny episode about this was excellent.

White guys doing blackface is probably less offensive than things actual black people make.

It was a different time

I agree. White face can be pretty funny too.

I've seen this shit about racist blackface for years and I still just can't grasp how this is supposed to be racist in the least.

Americans are fucking pathetic.

that is honestly pretty fuckin funny

What did Jimmy "Crybaby" Kimmel mean by this?

youtube.com/watch?v=5aPbefau2Zc

youtube.com/watch?v=WlLtAeesr7M

30 Rock was hilarious.

genius

It's funny because it's racist, that's the whole point. So no, racism aside it is not funny.

I bet you think clowns are funny too.

Racist cracker or the right seems to enjoy it.

anyone remember this?

>Racism aside
Learn to read user. Race has nothing to do with this.

>tfw Al Jolson singing "Mammy" at the end of The Jazz Singer unironically makes me cry

>Inb4 le 56% face
there are a lot less than 56% white americans
t. expert

Maaaaaaaaammmmmyyyyy

Wow, good job!

It's more like there were some genuinely great entertainers who happened to do blackface. A lot of people don't know that even black people did blackface. Minstrel shows are a pretty complicated historical subject. It was racist for sure, but there were some real gems despite that racism and not all minstrel acts focused on ridiculing blacks. Some performers used minstrel shows to illustrate social injustices or criticize society.

gotta light?

good movie

the iranian santa clause is a guy in black face.

Not even comparable there has never been a whole genre of entertainment built around lampooning whites in over the top caricature like minstrel shows were, not to mention it was just adding insult to injury for a dominant group to make-fun of a downtrodden one on top of their already degraded status in society.

Finnish kino.

the dutch version of Santa Claus has blackfaced helpers.

Racism aside. Love seeing whites getting pissed over dark skin MJ.

Blacks have no culture though, except for African and Thug culture. Both of which are pointless to outright disruptive in a modern western society. So pointing and laughing is not just innocent, it's a way to actively make our part of the world better.

>blackface is horribly racist
>drag shows are fine

Aren't they just supposed to be covered in soot from the chimneys? At least originally. It's seems to have become just straight blackface now.

At least those guys didn't sport the huge red lips. Like where does that even come from? Niggers don't have huge red lips

No, black pieter is a moorish character originally. Moors were depicted coal black because its more distinguishable and not too many people had actually seen them

>4:19

>4:20

it all depends on the execution if it was funny or not...A white guy painted black with big red lips in and of itself... It's only funny if you think black people look funny, which is a tired sentiment by now and honestly, kind of racist. You can say """racism aside""" but it's deeply connected with racism from the very roots of the concept. Dumb OP.

youtube.com/watch?v=PIaj7FNHnjQ

>culture

You nailed it, it's inadvertently become funny again because of how absurd the entire premise is in 201x

>feels bad man