American Action cartoons are a dying breed

>American Action cartoons are a dying breed.
>Justice League Dark comes out.
>Lots of action, adult themes, dark elements.
>The charcters look like actual humans with actual muscles, human shape, etc.
>Sup Forums shits on it because not muh.

You bitch that all cartoons are gay shit like Steven Universe about feelings, people crying and terrible artwork, but the moment somebody does just what you want ''not muh'' its all it takes to turn your back on it.

No wonder action cartoons are dying

Is the story good? I haven't seen the show so I have no clue.

With the advent of superhero dramas all the time, and on every network, cable and digital provider, I've become bored of the genre.

Samurai Jack season 5 is coming out, nothing else matters.

Young Justice season 3 will save Western cartoons.

This

Oh great, that makes TWO SHOWS, one that is going to have like 10 more episodes and that's it.

American action animaton is saved!

I said this before and I say this again; WHAT AMERICAN ANIMATION?!? All I see is Korean animation.

Also no one wants Filmation grade trash, they want their stuff to match up at least to Shamus Culhane, preferable Friz Freleng.

Also Justice League Dark is a DTV movie, not a series.
>Oh boy! A South Park knock off that is only brought back to end it's story.
The only good thing about this is that they're not doing it for money.
That will only make things worse, because we do not want gay ANYTHING in our cartoons.
Those shows are only going to make things worse.

Wheres Eric Goldberg when you need him?

>Justice League Dark
link to mega?

It's more that nobody cares about these Direct-to-Netflix movies that DC and Marvel do.

JL dark was bad for other reasons, and not because it was 'adult'. Batman had no reason to be there, for instance. Power levels are all fucked up, and the villain's motivations makes no sense.

>Samurai Jack
>South Park knock off
How?

>Samurai Jack
>South Park Rip-off

I haven't actually watched a Samurai Jack episode (Only had it for background noise), but I know that it isn't a south park rip off.

Construction paper art style.

>eat this turd, it's closest to food you'll ever have
Fuck you. Action cartoons are dying because the likes of you think shit like Justice League Dark (or Justice League War/Throne of Atlantis/Batman: Bad Blood/etc) is acceptable and there's no point to strive to create actual quality content as long as you can add some "mature themes" and violence.

>it's got the same art style, so it's a rip off
A rip off is something that completely copies a piece of media. SP is a comedy. SJ is a action cartoon. How is it a rip off if it has the same art style?

Listen, I'm ESL too, but you'll get there one day.

You're a faggo-
>Wheres Eric Goldberg when you need him?
You're still a faggot.
So I guess South Park is a rip-off of Gerald McBoing-Boing.

remember that this is Sup Forums, home of anime

>>Sup Forums shits on it because not muh.

It's because they barely adapted or even cared about the original run, which wasn't all that great to begin with but it had it's moments and Batman sure as fuck wasn't in any of them.

No, it ripped off The Spirit of Christmas and American History.

>The Spirit of Christmas

that was basically the South Park pilot, you can't rip yourself off

>no wonder action cartoons are dying

A DARK PROPHECY HAS BEEN TOLD, YOUNG Sup Forums. ONLY YOU CAN REVERSE THE FLOW OF FATE AND RESTORE BALANCE TO THE WORLD OF CARTOONS! ACTION CARTOONS ARE DYING Sup Forums AND THE ONE TO BLAME IS YOU AND NO ONE ELSE! YOU MUST NOW TAKE RESPONSIBILITY! YOU MUST LIKE ACTION CARTOONS OF ALL ORIGINS, EVEN IF THEY ARE BAD! THE CREATORS ARE WATCHING YOU CLOSELY, AND IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE OPINION YOU ALONE WRITE ON AN INDONESIAN SHOE MAKING BOARD! QUICKLY, BEFORE ALL CARTOONS START TO SUCK REAL BIG BALLS!

That's the joke you fucking normie.

>Samurai Jack
>Construction paper art style
???

What kind of retard wants action cartoons in the first place? Cartoons are supposed to be cartoons, not autistic live action shows.

Are you mentally challenged user? No outlines means it's construction paper now?

So all cartoons should be comedies with no stories?

If they want to be worth even touching.

How do you feel about live action comedies?

Fleischer Superman was a mistake. That was the start of all this.

I wish I could animate the scenes in my head. I could make an amazing Western action cartoon if I had the skills, know-how.

>A South Park knock off

I miss motorcity.

An action show lets you do action that's not possible in live-action. Live-action requires stunt set ups and camera angles and willing actors and in the end it's all turned into animation anyways with CGI.

Straight and pure animation allows for maximum creative freedom. You don't have to worry about destroying a building or hiring pyrotechnics, you just draw what you want.

Oh I see

Hi TMSfag

The Japanese government literally funds the creation of manga and anime. If America ever pulls that shut you might see some of those concepts on vimeo and YouTube get a short series.

>It has action and has edgy superhero character development so that means it's good right?

No. Action cartoons are almost all the same. There's no variety in them. If anything they remind me of what kill animation. Full of cliche and try hard anime garbage. I'll take Adventure Time and Spongebob over fucking capeshit and power level anime shit any day.

So how could you do action without capes or crazy battleshounen shit?

Another user put it best a few months ago:

>Sup Forums doesn't actually like or want more adult-oriented western cartoons, they like and want more action cartoons aimed at kids and teenagers like they do in Japan (but they can't be too violent because that's edgy).

Anything more violent than a nosebleed will trigger Sup Forums.

Anybody have that Dream version of the "No Fun Allowed" picture?

> I'll take Adventure Time and Spongebob over fucking capeshit and power level anime shit any day.

It's because you're fucking mentally 8 years old.

No, they should be comedies WITH stories.
Only through a special yearly program which 2Ch calls "Rejected Pilot Central" as those are projects where no one whats to fund them so they turn to Abe as a last resort.

Where was the good art work in JLD?

>JL dark was bad for other reasons
>Gives a list of not like muh comic books.
>power levels

See?? Autism is the only criticism

>It's because they barely adapted or even cared about the original run

So? If you want the original run go read that, why can't this just be ''inspired by'' and be seeing as its own thing?

JM Dematteis wrote it and that guy is as legit as you can get as a writter.

>Justice League War/Throne of Atlantis/Batman: Bad Blood

And those were bad because of legit reasons or ''not muh Robin, not muh Batman, muh Deathstroke should be OP as fuck'' autism?

> why can't this just be ''inspired by'' and be seeing as its own thing?

Because that leads to shallow executions where it takes the name of something just for the style while ignoring the substance and not doing any justice to the original story creator's vision. Someone else had a cool idea and now they're just copying off it. That's dumb. And often times it leads to things not making sense.

Things don't need to be adapted 100% all the time, but have some respect for the material you're copying off of.