Is this a faithful adaption?

Is this a faithful adaption?

No.

>FOX
>faithful
>>adaption

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I don`t care, I just hope there isn`t a quality drop.

Absolutely not.

But this is FOX...as long as it's entertaining Sup Forums usually doesn't give a fuck.

Who cares, this shit was fucking nuts. Experimental film nuts. Almost Jodorowski tier. Loved it to pieces.

>no severe flat top
It's trash.

The poster is the closest you're going to get.

Never read the comics, explain.

He has the Kid N' Play haircut in the comics.

As faithful as it needs to be an adaptation.

But is it connected to the movie universe?

Apparently McAvoy and Stewart are rumored to make cameos as Prof. X.

This is a loaded question. For some people a faithful adaptation means effectively translating the ideas, themes, and subtext of a work, while fiddling with the rest to better suit the medium it's being adapted for. For the more autistic (read: most of Sup Forums) an adaptation can only be considered faithful if it bends over backwards making every little superficial detail a callback to the original work. Snyder's Watchmen is a good example of this discrepancy. The aesthetic is painstakingly, autistically faithful, but some feel Snyder strongly missed the point in translating the story and themes, and thus consider a faithful coat of paint to be irrelevant.

I have concerns that it's going to take a sharp turn away from the fun instanity of the pilot.

I'm pretty annoyed they didn't reveal all those mutants were in his head at the end of the episode.

I mean, they obviously are. Now they're going to drag it out for the whole season where it'll be this big Tyler Durden twist.

Would've been better to just get it out of the way early, I already sat through this with Mr Robot.

did anyone else notice that they had the new MCU Marvel logo after the credits, and not the old one they still use in all the X-Men movies?

What does that mean? Is it because FOX needed Marvel's permission to make the show?

Yeah pretty much

>faithful adaption

Watch it for what it is, a GREAT show.

Honestly, what's the point on always focusing on things being a 100% faithful adaptations? That would just mean investing your time or something that you already know how is going to end.

That's why Walking Dead did the right thing on changing their plot from the comics for the most part, it would be pointless to try to hype plot twists and all that if everybody already knows what's going to happen anyway because of the comics.

Negan ended up having his first big scene being pretty much the same that in the comics and yet people were surprised

I mean not at all but I don't know how they would "failthfuly" adapt such an incredibly complicated character anyway. First episode was a fun ride at least

The biggest issue is just that they keep flip flopping on his connection to the rest of the X-Men franchise "Yes we're going to acknowledge his father at some point" "No it's going to be separate and it's own thing. Having Mcavoy or Stewart appear would be too expensive because we'd have to pay them movie money(total horseshit since both started on TV and Stewart stills stars in TV shows both physically and as a voice actor)" "It exists in a world where there are mutants but it's a different timeline to the movies and we feel like we don't have to explain anything"

I understand keeping it distant and it's own thing. But I really wish they wouldn't sever it completely and make at least a passing reference to David's parentage. But even as it's own thing if the quality stays stable from the first episode I have hope for it as it was quite good by pilot standards(since even pilots for good shows are often total shit).

Not at all. On the other hand I never gave two shits about Legion and the pilot was pretty entertaining, so I'm ok with it.

Only if it won't flop. So it's pretty much the same situation as it was with Trank's Fantastic Four.

This.

It's actually co-produced by Marvel, unlike the X-Men movies.

IS THIS TROLLING? YOU KNOW GODDAMN WELL IT ISNT FAITHFUL, YOU SMUG LITTLE CUNT

This is a thinly veiled shitpost

This. Sup Forums would be hot garbage in the entertainment industry