It saddens me that only this channel is saving cartoons

It saddens me that only this channel is saving cartoons.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HvYnxRmL5-Q
awn.com/news/super-robot-monkey-team-episodes-debut-widescreen
youtube.com/watch?v=C8xTUu_w12g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>channel where cartoons go to die
>saving

Adult Swim is the best place for animation right now. Obviously the best thing they've done is bring back Samurai Jack, but they also have Venture Bros, Rick and Morty, and Mike Tyson Mysteries, which are all excellent and funny. They also have interesting experimental hybrid animated series like Off The Air and DreamCorp. They also have Squidbillies which has a solid cult following and can be funny. They even have a mainstream hit in the form of Robot Chicken which is as hit-or-miss as any other sketch show. The only blight on their part is Mr.Pickles, but it still isn't as awful as people say.

if i remember correctly, this channel started sucking dick when they starting airing more live action show

that's regular disney channel
this channel always (in it's XD incarnation) had live action, though it's a lot more balanced than the main channel

i stopped watching XD when all it had was Crash & Bernstein

What does the xD stand for

Is that one 90s show with the puppet?

>XD
kys

Cartoon Network has been stepping their game up, let's see what happens after the next frederator anthology

>XD: le post
Literally the cancer killing my Sup Forums

That's cousin Skeeter.

Some executives at Disney thought memes and Microsoft Messenger were going to last forever, so they built a tumor where the main object is xD and 2009.

Surely you meant to post Netflix?

eXtreme Digital, afaik

> watch show
> license expires the next day so you can't watch it anymore

oh yeah, definitely saving cartoons.

I assume their originals don't have this problem.

>Cartoon Network has been stepping their game up
Really?! All they've been doing is cancelling shows left and right. Regular Show, Uncle Grandpa, and Adventure Time are leaving, and Clarence's future isn't looking too good, unfortunately.

By next year, all we'll have is this:
>The Amazing World of Gumball
>Teen Titans Go!
>Steven Universe
>possibly Clarence
>Teen Titans Go!
>We Bare Bears
>nuPPG
>Mighty Magiswords
>Ben 10
>Teen Titans Go!
>Teen Titans Go!
>Summer Camp Island
And you can bet your bottom dollar that they're still gonna be teasing us about OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes becoming a full series; we'll probably still be getting 2-minute shorts by then.

I think it is ironic that we have come full circle. Disney is the one keeping cartoons alive and the one everyone looks to.

Adult Swim has not been the main venue of decent animation since at least 09'.

They jumped over to live action hard and then kept on shoveling Tim and Eric into everyone's faces for years. They barely have anything animated on it that is not some Fox leftover, and what they do have is some sad 8 minute gorefest Rob Zombie video inspired shit like Mr Pickles or Superjail. They are getting by with Robot Chicken, which has become really old and played out.

They are not producing anything on the level of their old stuff like Sealab, AquaTeen, Home Movies, Space Ghost...

That's what it stood for on the previous "Disney XD", this one doesn't stand for anything and was literally chosen for looks.

There's another Frederator anthology?

Why is it when the media tries to stay hip they are always a year or two behind the times?

>Tim and Eric
I love Tim and Eric Awesome Show

>im-fucking-plying
You know nothing of that hell

Rest in peace, one-eyed buddy

I do miss seeing the Tick every so often.

also toonami

Go! Cartoons, which is being co-produced with Sony

I fucking loved these bumpers

>Only shows rerun anime one night a week
>Will somehow do something for the American animation industry

I honestly thought that had fallen through and just wasn't happening anymore.

>Cartoon Network has been stepping their game up
On the off chance you're not trolling, CN:
>canned one of the 2 cartoons which helped them out of the shithole known as CN Live
>the other one is about to get canned
>both haven't been good for quite some time
>making shitty reboots of older shows
>making tumbristic animated series
>TTGo is shit and takes us majority of airtime
The only thing even remotely worth watching there atm is Gumball. Even Nick has a bit more

>making tumbristic animated series

You guys call anything Tumblr. Even the Voltron series airing now gets called Tumblr.

The mom and the 2 girls were waifu tier though

More like XD am i right guys?

>implying nicktoons isnt where cartoons go to die

>implying Jack is a shitty reboot

its not even out you mongoloid

What new cartoons are they playing? All I know is that they put Star Vs in a 6am slot, hoping to kill it probably. Also, they killed Wander.

both adventure time and regular show were voluntarily ended by their creators. If your gonna talk then talk about the tragedy that was symbiotic titan

Although it doesnt help that cn treated rs like shit

Both shows had significantly longer runs than any other CN show ever as well as planned endings, stop acting like they were abruptly cancelled.

>Jack
>CN
Jack is adult swim, and how dare you think I would imply that Jack is bad?

SBT is definitely a tragedy and is in my top 5 animated series, but at least it died with dignity, instead of being transformed into something else

Are they da bomb?

They would if they hadn't cancelled WOY

Im waiting for season 2.
Only 13 episodes though.

I always get the impression that AT and RS should have ended around early 14' or so anyway.

I don't mind the number. First season was also sort of split into 2 parts anyway. I hope we get great visuals of that hellish world where hanging lullabies are

I remember the show with the racing dragons. That was kinda cool

>saving cartoons.
>cancelled Wander
>cancelled 7D
>Pickle and Peanut
>Star Vs
>Penn Zero

Fox Kids and Jetix were awesome, and had one of the coolest bumpers: youtube.com/watch?v=HvYnxRmL5-Q

Star Vs is good though

bump

Sure buddy.

I'm sure that you do.

>tfw you will probably never watch SRMTHFG in decent quality, or in the uncropped widescreen version that exists

all their new animated shows premiere and air exclusively on the channel

>adult swim
>good

it's become mostly cartoons at this point, aside those weird marathons of their live action shows. i assume they were just burning that shit out and are ready to hit the graves

star vs is their new flagship cartoon. they're heavily relying on it now that gravity fall is over

>He doesn't like Penn Zero

the main character is going full Lucifer

No really

It was a good show

In Latinoamérica they used to say it was "Diversión Extrema"

I'm not sure about Regular Show, but Adventure Time was actually cancelled. As soon as the Ooo Crew realized this, they spent their remaining episodes trying to rush to a satisfying series finale that should be airing early next year.

Considering how slow and gradual AT's pacing has always been, here's hoping that the sudden shift to reach the ultimate endgame helps to balance both sides and form an enjoyable final ~30 episodes with a healthy mix of heavy serialization and hopefully few filler/experimental episodes.

>they're heavily relying on [SvtFoE] now that gravity fall[s] is over
to the point where they prematurely renewed it for another season TWICE IN A ROW, yet Wander gets prematurely canned before Season 2 even had a chance to wow everyone and the Big Disney Bosses still have the nerve to push McCracken to pitch them another show

Current Shows:
>Star vs the Forces of Evil
>Milo Murphy's Law
>Penn Zero: Part-Time Hero*
>Pickle and Peanut*
>Future-Worm!*

Future Shows:
>Tangled: The Series
>Billy Dilley's Super-Duper Subterranean Summer
>DuckTales Reboot
>Big Hero 6: The Series
>Country Club

* = either already cancelled or bound to be

Disney's one mistake was cancelling Wander Over Yonder long before Season 2 started airing, but their future looks really bright compared to CN and Nick.

I don't get Disney XD. But I also don't really care about anything on there right now. I guess I'll give some of the new stuff a try once it finally comes on but this might be the dimmest bright future I've ever seen when it comes to American animated tv series.

It's both Boomerang and Nicktoons. Disney XD at least gives their shows proper promotion, along with even cross-promotion to Disney Channel.

>or in the uncropped widescreen version that exists
holy FUCK

They picked up Pokemon, though.

>He doesn't like Star vs or Penn Zero.

This channel is dead to me after they killed Tron: Uprising because the company got the Star Wars franchise and thus had no apparent need for Tron anymore.

Yep, I only learned that it exists recently from a decade-old article

awn.com/news/super-robot-monkey-team-episodes-debut-widescreen

>According to Nieli, "All episodes of Super Robot Monkey Team have been animated in widescreen but were shown cropped in their broadcast form because, we did not have internal approval to broadcast them in the widescreen. We now have that approval as of episode 212 Wormhole. It will make a big difference because our show is very much composed and directed for a widescreen image," said Nieli.

It's sad that we'll probably never see it.

And Motorcity.
And Tron.

Doesn't like Star vs

Forgot my meme arrow
>

bump

RELEASE THE DRAGOOOOOOON

This and Get Ed yo.

All you motherfuckers hating, don't know the powers of pickle and peanut.

>le cal arts 3/4 profile cartoon is good

Cartoonnetwork has some pretty good toons. I don't understand the issue.

>Really?! All they've been doing is cancelling shows left and right. Regular Show, Uncle Grandpa, and Adventure Time are leaving, and Clarence's future isn't looking too good, unfortunately.

The point is they allowed all those shows to have some sort of platform. It also emphasizes how CN is open to cartoons as a whole.

Them cancelling shows to put on new shows is proof that they're still pushing new innovative cartoons.

RS was canned, Mark Hamill even said so and CN made him delete it, whether or not it was because it was too early of an announcement or because they didn't like him announcing the actual cancellation part is unknown.

Season 7 was begging production when CN gave them a heads up, which let them do what they could to get the final on-earth season wrapped up.

Also they were giant fucking dicks and did almost a full half renewal of a season for the final one, which made their series end montage rushed as fuck.

This and I also never got why they don't air it anymore

They're trying to make it easier for people to forget that WOY ever existed. That way, it'll be faster for #SaveWOY to die out.

If only Disney was as nostalgic and reboot-dependent as Nick or CN...

You forgot Star Wars Rebels in current shows and Spider-man in future shows

Gotta make projection reports and attend 1000 meetings before anything gets done

This

Ugh, the "Board of Directors" corporate culture is pure cancer.

Hope they pick of Arc-V from Nick

Only actual rerun they currently have is GiTS.

I do.

As a lifelong resident of Georgia, Squidbillies speaks the truth of life here in rural Georgia. Love that show.

> Superjail

I love superjail though. It's not the pinnacle of TV but it's fun.

Being a cartoon fan is suffering.

>still remember regular show promos
>popular series for a year or two
>viewership goes down and erratic schedule on CN
>at least gets a series finale and not straight out cancelled
>series finale doesn't even make a blip on anyone's radar except the few ardent fans

Jesus Christ. I can only hope Adventure Time will make some kind of noise when it ends.

We're in a golden age of tv and yet cartoons seem to be stagnating. I mean I get that new shows are cropping up but have no longevity, variety, or a super distinct style amongst them.

Clarence and We Bare Bears will/are probably be canceled.

Loud house is the highest cartoon on Nick but not sure how sustainable that is especially with a lack of other cartoons.

Star Vs has insanely low ratings and will probably either be cancelled or rushed to an ending. All other cartoons are meh and have very little depth to them as they're aimed at a younger audience. Not really a problem per se but it's disheartening to see cartoons in the mindset of it just being for kids.

Also I should say that even with some of the shows I listed I don't think they're too particularly good either (Star Vs, We Bare Bears, etc).

Cartoon life is suffering.

>Sony
I'm sure they'll figure out a way to ruin it.

Who's prepared for this shit?
youtube.com/watch?v=C8xTUu_w12g

CN and Nick use their satellite channels to punish good shows by making sure nobody can watch them.

Disney meanwhile just offloads all their shows onto XD because they want people to have to pay for the premium channel. This does result in the shows getting less views than they deserve but it's not as deliberately malicious as the other two.