Anyone glad to see Weird Al doing more and more voice acting for cartoons? I love this man, give him more work

Anyone glad to see Weird Al doing more and more voice acting for cartoons? I love this man, give him more work.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2_CGa8_cmZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=l8zPMQsMLRk
youtube.com/watch?v=XEOwTeI9geI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

His last album sold well so he doesn't need the money. I think when cartoon creators found out he is easy&cheap to get they give him more offers.

I think it's more likely that the kids who were his fans in the 80s and 90s are now grown up and making their own cartoon shows, which is why they're suddenly hitting him up left and right for cartoon gigs.

Wasn't he in the Star Vs. ep Trickster?
He's plays a lot of bad guys recently.

He's been a thing for three decades. The last generation of his fans already grew up. Why now?

Weird Al is a god. I hope he outlives me.

I miss Comedy Bang Bang

I am Wreck-gar! I dare to be stupid!

Mistakes were made...not many, but they were crits.

He made the same album for 30 years. Why was the last one successful? Luck.

Seeing Weird Al live was fantastic. Between each song, he would have montages of stuff he's been in playing. In fact
was a clip that plays, and they immediately started Dare to Be Stupid.

If I recall, Poodle Hat is his only album to date that isn't Platinum.

Me too. Weird Al was so much better than Kid Cudi. Reggie is still the best though.

So which role surprised you the most when he appeared in a show

>*sigh* Son, Weird Al was a sad man who blew his brains out in the 1980s when people stopped buying his music.
What did Hank mean by this?

He was very very wrong.

Mandala Effect that's the worst timeline.

Which is a pretty solid track record.

He did the role while he was doing other work at the Disney Studio. Probably why Mark Hamill shows up in shows from time to time as well.

Platinum afaik isn't the same as 30 years ago. They lowered the bar. It's possible that he earns much less today.

>Anyone glad to see Weird Al doing more and more voice acting for cartoons?
I've never seen Weird Al do voice acting.
Wouldn't it be more interesting to see the cartoons he's doing the voice acting for instead?

he is voiceacting the main character on the Show Milo Murphy's Law..
but atm. the show is on hiatus

Because Swampy Marsh went a bit nuts past November.

Platinum is a million sales with varying degrees of multiple (Double, Triple, Etc) Until Ten Million which is then Diamond.

His head has gotten longer as he's gotten older. That shit ain't normal.

Nah its just noticeable without Facial hair and the perm.

Jedi song was eerie back in the day seeing him cut and clean shaven.

The last one was successful due to a youtube marketing campaign. And just being generally good.

We actually learned back in the days of Napster, with actual studies on the topic, that if people know in advance they'll like an album (through piracy) they're actually MORE likely to buy it.

And steer away from the things that are generally shit.

It was REALLY good.

youtube.com/watch?v=2_CGa8_cmZ8

I love Milo Murphy, but Disney doesn't.

Darkseid.

I think he retired from making albums because he knows Youtube is doing a fine job making material that rivals his. No doubt he has inspired a lot of people.

My favorite example,Transformers Animated, Season 2, Episode 4: Garbage In, Garbage Out.
Weird Al plays Wreck-Gar, a garbage truck that comes to life as a transformer and is very gullible. Hijinks ensue.

Trivia: At one point, he declares "I dare to be stupid!" A reference to his song "Dare To Be Stupid" which is was put in Wreck-gar's battle scene in the 1986 Transformers Animated movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=l8zPMQsMLRk

>LET THE PUN FIT THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>crime.

Every fucking time.

THE SKY IS ON FIRE!!!

Al doesn't need major income anymore at all, he does this stuff because he's awesome, dudes made tons of money over the decades.

Yeah but its worth noting that with the death of the CD that kinda thing went out the window... music started going digital with the iPod and other mp3 players, and whats the diff between a pirated album and the same thing bought off iTunes or whatever.

I did actually still buy Cd's during the reign of Napster though because it was still a relavent format people used, now the only cd player i have is my computer/ps3

>Barney and Friends
never again

>voiced rapey child murder in that one shitty Batman movie, Batman and Son? No, the other one, with the court of owls

It was uncomfortable.

I can't even imagine Al playing a 100% serious role.

I mean, just thinking about Al and what he would sound like when he's depressed or pissed is making me feel uncomfortable.

Tbqh poodle hat is his worst album.

This

I cant be the only one that wants this to come back right.

It would work really well as a netflix series or maybe ashort youtube series

youtube.com/watch?v=XEOwTeI9geI

Why is

dare to be stupid the best song ever

I could see this working as a show for adults disguised as a children's show, kind of like Wonder Showzen.

He does put on an excellent show. Saw him live a few months ago. Best show I've been to.