Can't watch anything produced by Weinstein or starring Kevin Spacey

I saw this tweet that said things like "Should we continue to watch films by people who have a history of rape or sexual assault?" That made me think that some people now don't want us to watch Baby Driver (cause it has Kevin Spacey), Django & Inglourious Basterds (produced by Weinstein Company). This just bothers me because these films are really good. What are your guy's opinions on the situation?

if you don't watch movies made by rapists or by rape enablers you won't have anything left to watch

stop giving a fuck about what stupid people think

This.
Also this.

I don't give a shit.

These

watch whatever the fuck you want

If refused to watch a movie because i don't like a person in it,i wouldn't enjoy most,if not any movie.

I've boycotted STD because of Anthony Rapp.

I watched the first 5 eps and it's only going downhill anyway so this is not a particularly hard decision to make.

Hitler constructed the Autobahn. I don't see anybody who wants it destroyed.

Destroying or denying something just because a person associated with it was a complete shithead just sets us all back.

I want to watch kevin spacey films even MORE

On the contrary. Spacey saying something about being captivated by Baby's big balls really took on a different meaning. I just assumed Baby was constantly raped and hung around because he secretly enjoyed getting gaped by Spacey.

Pirate Weinstein shit if you can. If you have to purchase films, then it is your duty to to yell at the top of your lungs that you support rapists and pedophiles- and that's OK because Bill Clinton plays the saxophone and Epstein is awwwright. Make sure to gyrate your hips.

Watch whatever the fuck you want. Stop letting politics and personal lives interfere in the arts.

Is Baby Driver good?

Django is reddit you are reddit you are the nigger smell you are the nigger scum you live in a yurt

This.
Kind of this.
Mostly this.
This too.
These definitely.
Not this.
But this.
And this.

It's good, but in my opinion it lacks a bit of the Simon Pegg's writing. But you should watch it.

Did I accidentally start a meme?

No.

Nice trips though.

It's not fair to the people that worked on those projects to go down with the deviants they worked with. Group punishment isn't fair.

>movie contains a single element I find distasteful
>completely condemn the entirety of the thing, regardless of the merit of the other actors, the director, cinematographers, editors, production designers, etc. etc.

This fucking purity shit needs to end, nothing's perfect, nobody's a sinless paragon, you can't just shove shit under the rug and pretend it never happened, it's pathetic and devalues the weight of a crime by ignoring it and causing others absolutely unconnected to suffer for it. In fact, you should consume media like that even more FOR those other people. You can't nitpick the moral actions of every single fucking person in an entire production.

Imagine how many nameless set designers molested a niece of killed someone as a kid but managed to escape justice.

We should boycott those movies too. Just boycott all movies to be safe.

I actually watched baby driver last night and it was creepy af I couldn't focus every time he's calling the protag "baby"
It's not a conscious choice or anything but yeah I'd avoid kevin spacey films from now on
I don't care about weinstein because it's not like I see his disgusting face on a film.

Then just pirate thier films lol

Who cares? Hollywood irl has always been degenerate. Liev Schreiber rapes his sons but everyone still seems to love him. Everything on Nickelodeon was made by Dan "hold her tighter she's a fighter" Schneider and no one ever cared. So what's your point? Enjoy the art as its own entity rather than an extension of the scumbag who made it

Thank God. I hate memes.

Well, there goes all of Hollywood. I wonder how surprised normies would be to learn that all of their favorite actors/actresses are rapists, or have been raped, or both.

Reminder that Jimmy Page and David Bowie were fucking 14 year olds in the 70s and no one cared

This

even younger than that.
Iggy Pop was involved with a 11 year old in the 70s and he's still a respected rockstar to this day

>This just bothers me because these films are really good.

>tfw I finally realized why Kevin Spacey's character was so soft-handed with Baby's character in Baby Driver

>tfw Spacey has really just been method acting for several decades as a child molester so he can provide 10/10 performances.

>I saw this tweet
stopped reading

*Turns to face the camera*
>Oh, come now, user. You don't REALLY believe what these holier than thou Hollywood parasites are saying about me now, do you?

being unable to separate art from the artist is a sure sign of a brainlet

I think the crux of the matter is "support". The idea that simply by watching someone's film, you are supporting them and/or their behavior. If Kevin Spacey starts his own film company, puts out something new starring Harvey Weinstein, and you pay to see it in theaters/Blu-Ray/etc., then you're supporting those guys. Same for buying their old films assuming they get royalties.

This

This, people who care about artists' personal lives and opinions are all brainlets.

Whose tweet was it?

His Moms

But that's not a good analogy. Hitler was a great man.

You can watch them just don't pay for them or you're enabling their behavior

>just don't pay for them or you're enabling their behavior
double digit iq

t. doesn't know how to torrent

I watched a bunch of Harvey's movies recently because of this actually.

Allegedly he butchered Gangs of New York in post

i support this idea only because i see it as being a possible way to destroy hollywood, which should be any real movie lover's dream

I have never paid for a movie in my entire life

i think it's more appropriate to avoid films featuring people who have been raped - damaged goods

No man it's one of the shittiest cringe inducing things I've seen, By all means put it on but don't pay for it and make your own judgement. Don't get your hopes up.

If you do that you can't watch anything directed by a male.

Its a partial hangout, bro. They're dropping some harmless titillating truths to hide bigger ones.

Those.

watch whatever the fuck you want.

just don't ever give them one raw shekel

THIS. SO. MUCH.
Fuck white people!

indeed, he was a great guy

fuck whining feminists. Weinstein is our guy.

I think you should post a less obvious bait

That was before the internet, so even if it's the same situation, it gets blurry.

This.

thanks now go back

Christ feminism is turning this shit up a notch now

As much as I despise sexual assault, the big picture part of me wishes it didn't go public since it has caused bullshit anti-male witch hunts and it emboldened alt right narratives.

So this.

If you watch a movie produced/acted by a sexual harrasser/enabler, YOU are one too
I siggest we ban all these movies from thet heater and nab all the men who attempt to get pirate DVDs

so Sup Forums who do we accuse of rape next?
I mean, we can basicaly ruin anyone's career at this point, biased claims ruined Spacey's, who's next?

>doesn’t consume art made by people who’ve done things grossly alien to your own morality
missing out desu

Idris Elba

Why the fuck do you care about a random tweet?
Watch what you want to watch and stop worrying about random people on twitter.

Movies are collective works. Are we going to shit on many innocent people because a guy they worked with did something bad?

I guess I should drinking cool-aid since it was used that one time by that Jim Jones guy to kill a buch of people. Or stop wearing sneakers because that cult that cut off their balls were into them a lot. Or use electricity at all since the Solar Temple guys had members in an electricity producing company.

Or maybe we all should stop using the net because some asspie posted his murders online.

Weinstien is the only one who is actually guilty though.

No matter how creepy Malkovitch is, he's still above reproach.

Classy creepy Malkovitch. One look makes you feel like you've been violated in the worst ways, but you can't do anything about it. He's so polite. And creepy.

I'm sure he's guilty of some of it, but the guy would need 5 dicks and 30 hours a day of free time to be able to pull all the sexual assault shit he's been accused of. I guess some people lie because he's been able to shut people up for so long about his behavior, they feel he needs to be taken down no matter what.

Oh yeah. Most of those accussed are most likely innocent but weinstien is guitly as fuck. No fucking way he really did every single thing he is accused of though.

then why the fuck does everyone at Cannes always watch Polanski's movies? fuck off, one actor does not make the entire movie. these people worry about things that are unimportant while other people in the world are starving to death. give me a fucking break. americans and their first world problems, I swear

>dat sloped forehead
>dat pointy nose
Has Shaquille O'Neal been fully jew'd now?

Weinstein did nothing wrong

again?

>This just bothers me because these films are really good.

>those numbers
Also, shes making me regret how I've wasted my life. Whenever I go about my day I feel like shes looking down on me, why is this happening?

Seth McFarlane

I don't really know if you're healthy or not but you can't be THAT old, right? I consider maybe late 40's to be a point in which you can't really turn your lifestyle around into a healthy one if you haven't put much effort into it before.

I can understand Spacey (though I don't empathise) but Weinstein is literally just the one who throws money around, and maybe bullies a director every now and then to change the outcome of a film. His influence on a film is minimal although I can't say the same for the actresses.

We have already had gay stuff so let's move on to a real challenge.
Get the public to turn against a female actor.

I look at her and I just feel worthless.

I kinda just want their reputations ruined while I still enjoy the content they make. if that makes me a hypocrite then whatever. I can not like a person but still like what they create.

I mean what kind of retard can't separate the art from the artist?

People do that to virtue signal. IMO you need to separate art from artist.

If you only listened to music by people who had never done anything questionable, the shipping forecast would be number 1 on the billboard charts in perpetuity

It's stupid, those things have already been produced and boycotting a film because you dislike 1 or 2 people also hurts the hundreds of other people who have also worked on the film.

I'm mid-40s.

I can still turn my life around and become the new Chuck Norris action movie hero like I've always wanted!

R-right?

>Can't stand Lena Dunham because of her molesting her sister and refuse to watch anything she's made
>Can't hate Spacey even though he's done stuff just as degenerate and plan to fully enjoy his body of work now and in the future

What did I mean by this?

A woman. Watch the cognitive dissonance unfold in real time

To be honest, you've lost the prime, but there's remarkable things you can do to turn your life around still. breath is hope.

It's always been a problem for a lot of (loud mouthed) people.

The problem is that the companies now bow down to the mighty voice of the (small loud minority) consumers in a way they never did before.
Mostly because they're retarded and don't understand social media and the internet. But they think they do.

you admire her, but I'm guessing that like most people here back when she was in her primer, you must have been too young, is not like there was anything you could have done anyway.
unless she had a thing for shotas
not if you don't put your 110% will into into it.
I don't think you have the makings of a varsity athlete though.

You guys should really push the Dan Schneider thing -- it could make a lot of people stop watching Nick entirely

is he outed yet, this is the one i'm waiting for desu

>try hard to turn life around
>it's hard but it's working
>always physically healthy in the past
>health is actually the only thing I didn't fuck up in my life
>get /fit/ and get a little over my social anxiety/OCD on my own since no drug or therapy worked in the past. At last I can go out the house now
>get gf, get a job (used to be jobless because of mental health issues)
>get cancer

What did life mean by this?