PUNISHER STORYTIME

PUNISHER STORYTIME

All year long I'll be storytiming Punisher comics, with a primary focus on pre-Ennis stories. I'll post at least once per week, though multi-storytime weeks will be rare (if I ever post more than once in a single week at all).

A couple weeks back we did the original Punisher "graphic novel", "Assassin's Guild". And a while before that we did another early Punisher "graphic novel" by the ORIGINAL Punisher comic team, Steven Grant and Mike Zeck, called "Return to Big Nothing". THIS week we're going to be reading the OTHER early Punisher "graphic novel", "Intruder" (aka "Marvel Graphic Novel #51").

This book was written by Mike Baron, who wrote the first few years of The Punisher's solo ongoing, and drawn by Bill Reinhold, who draws some REALLY nice looking fighter planes and vehicles and machinery to the point that I wouldn't be surprised if he was trained in technical illustration. The art in general is just really nice and potentially worth reading the book for alone. The script is also one of Baron's strongest on the character, so I'm kind of surprised you don't hear people talk about this issue more often.

Anyway, if you haven't discovered this hidden gem yet, then, well, now's your chance.

PUNISHER INTRUDER

STORYTIME

PREVIOUS STORYTIMES HERE:

Circle of Blood
desuarchive.org/co/thread/88815455/
Return to Big Nothing
desuarchive.org/co/thread/88890646/
Marvel Preview #2 / Marvel Super Action #1
desuarchive.org/co/thread/89163408/
Punisher #1-10
desuarchive.org/co/thread/89314601/
Daredevil #257
desuarchive.org/co/thread/89328851/
Assassin's Guild (Marvel Graphic Novel #40)
desuarchive.org/co/thread/89514921/
Punisher #11-20
desuarchive.org/co/thread/89630150/

BUMP IF YOU'RE READING

Lots of non-story pages here at the front of the book.

A forgotten gem. I can't wait for "The Prize," and "P.O.V." It's a crime that old Frank tales get written off. A lot are solid action yarns, and you

Where'd the rest of your sentence go?

>I can't wait for "The Prize," and "P.O.V."

These will eventually get posted.

The Punisher got to them.

Friendly reminder that Mike Baron murdered his own wife.

The fuck? What?

Piss torture!

What's Frank's problem? I think pre-Nam stuff just shows he's always been a nut.

Well, he is the prime suspect in her murder, and he deleted his own site where he gave his own version of the story, so yeah.

And that's that.

bumping to read

Excellent cover. I miss when Punisher covers looked like action movie posters.

>NORBERT

BADGER REFERENCE!

What does that last line have to do with anything?

Thank you