*tips fedora*

*tips fedora*

Well, he's not wrong.

Good thread, my brother!

this but unironically

>look at me! i'm a nerd geek xdxd an atheist edgy faggot

fuck off bastard

hes right, you mindless sheep

I'm not even religious and I think that's insensitive as fuck. To me this is worse than what Spacey did, not even kidding.

why are so many mass shooters atheists?

*virtue signals*

>all the holocaust victims were jews, their prayers obviously did nothing!

Why do liberals pretend to care about christians?

what the heck was devins problem?

>do a good thing and tell people to pray for the victims of a shooting
>this triggers the atheist

at this point one needs to be insensitive. if one has to wait a certain amount of time after a tragedy to begin to discuss the problem of mass shootings, we're never going to get to it because they happen all the time now.

>Religion is responsible for countless wars involving millions of deaths, torture etc.
>Some atheist shoots up a church
>WTF LE FEDORA FUCKING LIBSHIT SJWS RUIN EVERYTHING TRUMP 2020

What gave you the impression he cares about them? He's just pointing out the irony.

>mfw Sup Forums acting like they don't laugh at people dying all the time
>mfw they think they're better than wil

Will "Militant Nu-male" Wheaton

Um, yes?

... exactly

>atheist
>believes in psychic powers

I'm black btw

Well, some of them were homosexuals, disabled, gypsies and political prisoners.

>unironically believe prayers do anything
just weird to think Sup Forumsposters might be retarded

>Religion is responsible for countless wars involving millions of deaths, torture etc.

reddit education everyone

I don't think insulting people who pray for tragedies is really "discussing" the problem. More like adding unneeded tension

He's not right either though. "If prayers did anything" implies "anything". How does he know they were praying to not be shot the fuck up that day? Maybe someone prayed for their grandparent to recover in the hospital, and maybe he/she did. Maybe someone prayed for the shooter to not be a white person, and maybe that's true.

>I can't prove him wrong so I'm going to yell about reddit
ok

r u gay?

>do a good thing and tell people to pray for the victims of a shooting
>do a good thing
>pray
and what makes it 'good'? what does it accomplish? nothing. prayer is just an excuse for little bitches because they never actually help the victims directly, they just 'pray', let others know that they did and done. pathetic

Is prayers only answer for americans for anything?
>omg something happened lets pray

We do but we don't post these edgy shits publicly.

What a fucking cunt

>inadvertently calling the victims of the shooting dumb worthless sacks of shit
Holy hell Wesley do you possess an ounce of self-awareness?

but praying doesn't accomplish anything. legislation is where people's efforts need to be focused if they really want to stop this stuff from happening as frequently as it does.

>some
only sixmillion were jews
between 11 and 20 million were killed in total

>Wesley Crusher calling someone else a worthless sack of shit

We literally talk about them nonstop for a week after they happen, I hate this fucking argument that we "never have a discussion on mass shootings" when it's the same result that the gun control nuts want to implement more draconian laws instead of focusing on mental illness, big pharma and letting people defend themselves from these shooters (which is what finally stopped this guy).

TL;DR Wil Wheaton doesn't actually care and is just trying to get his moment in the spotlight again since all his ventures are failing while he's literally raising his wife's sons

Atheism can lead to nihilism. Which, while being an objectively correct philosophy on a cosmic scale, lacks the further insight of subjective worth and meaning. This makes it easier for someone to jump that gap between "I'm depressed" to "it doesn't even matter if I kill 50 people nothing matters anyway".

No stupid, he was asking Paul Ryan to actually do something about the gun problem in the US rather than calling on people to pray the problem away

Care to name them? Just waiting for you to say the Crusades

heh I saw that meme on reddit too

Name one law that would have stopped this from happening

>DUR HUR CHRISTIANS BELIEVE PRAYER IS YOU COMMANDING GOD TO DO THIS OR THAT IN OUR UNIVERSE AND MAKING STUFF HAPPEN

Are atheists really this retarded?

Praying doesn't seem very effective and I hate when a politician says shit like, "Oh, pray for these poor people that I don't give a shit about. Fuck, I lost some voters."

Still, I hate Wil Wheaton even more. Even if he's right, it's just the sort of shit you don't say unless you're an attention grubbing piece of shit.

Isn't it supposed to be liberals who can't tell the difference between fiction and reality?

> legislation is where people's efforts need to be focused
legislation isn't going to stop damaged freaks from being made
only a complete cultural restructuring from a societal collapse can fix that at this point

By attacking his religion and offending Christians. Surely this will change Ryan's mind

a law that requires all male newborns be killed immediately.

It's just way to let them know you'll be acknowledging the victims' loss and pain. Were I relative of those killed, yeah I'd be pretty happy to know that the entire country was making that homage to the victims. Prayer is simply an extension of that since you believe it to be imbued with spiritual power, but you can at least appreciate for the thing that it is in the first place, to try to be aware of the suffering of others.

Wheaton is being an edgy faggot for not recognizing that.

Still, calling someone a "worthless sack of shit" for giving sympathy to sudden tragedy really isn't adding anything to discussing a solution

I agree, but then I'm annoyed the guy probably wants me to respect the religious feeling of muslim, who want to force all the woman to wear full body covers and thinks it's ok to throw acid into their face if they don't

why is that a problem then if it's "correct on a cosmic scale"?

That's always been conservatives.
>VIDEO GAMES AND ROCK AND ROLL AND EVERYTHING IS THE WORK OF SATAN!!!1!!

Sup Forums doesn't know what liberalism is so they just use "liberal" and "SJW" interchangebly

he's a celebrity sort of, yes. you always have to let people know that their prayers are bullshit and they should just DO something. don't send your good vibe god talk my way, wasting your gay breath

why dont you explain the true meaning of praying for victims and what it accomplishes then?

are prayers supposed to actually do anything?

It's just a tasteless thing to say.

Yes

WHAT ABOUT THE FIRSTBORNS?