Are you hype for Valerian Sup Forums? What were the original comics like Frenchfriends?

Are you hype for Valerian Sup Forums? What were the original comics like Frenchfriends?

Also OUR GUY confirmed Sup Forums browser is a major movie star can't get past this what a world we live in. Truly the best timeline.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/184918352X/ref=ox_sc_mini_detail?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I hope they do the art justice.

Most people haven't read this. Just saying.

I want to SEXUALLY CUDDLE those eyebrows

Comic: square-jawed hunk and sexy redhead
Movie: Pretty boy numale and Cro-Magnon girl

What went wrong.

The comics are censored in America. I've been apathetic about reading them because of that.

At least check the catalog. We had a story time yesterday.

I'm kinda looking forward to it. I'm not entirely sold on Valerina and Laurelian themselves, I think they look a bit too modern and Mass Effect-y, but everything else looks pretty amazing and spot on. Plus, it looks like they're doing Ambassador of Shadows which is a great plot. So I'm probably gonna check it out.

amazon.com/gp/product/184918352X/ref=ox_sc_mini_detail?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Hey, the film has them printing the first story in English for the first time. That's cool. Not big on using the movie name and logo.

Any examples?

>Are you hype for Valerian Sup Forums?
First I was concerned that they wouldn't be able to do the incredible environment justice but apparently they did pretty good. The style is still different but close enough.

But now my doubts are about the main characters, like everyone else. I don't really see Valerian's nonchalance in that actor. Strangely, Laureline seems more on point to me... IF she has other expressions. She seems to have nailed one aspect of Laureline, I can only hope they didn't forget the rest of the character.

Also concerned about the story, Valérian et Laureline tended to be weird stories in my (admittedly distant) memories, a generic story would be disappointing.

Those actors looks so vapid and dead inside. It's like I'm watching Starship Troopers but they're trying to play it straight.

It gives me Fifth Element vibes so that's enough to get me interested to watch it.

Well its no different from 90% of French comics that don't take off when they cross the pond now is it

This. I know basically nothing about the source material and at this point thats what I want... its a Luc Besson movie in the vein of Fifth Element and its based on a French sci-fi comic....

I'll be very dissapointed if this movie isnt at least decent, hopefully amazing.

The funny thing is the Fifth Element was based ona French comic too. Soort of. It's easily inspired by the Incal. To the point where Jodorowsky, the writer of the Incal got together with the artist to sue over it. Problem was Besson had the artist, Moebius himself, do work on the film. Yeah the judge thought it was nuts. It got thrown out.

He also got sued by John Carpenter over Lockdown being too close to the Escape From films. Carpenter won that one. I guess after those two experiences Besson decided he was better off actually getting a property and adapting it.

Male lead looks like what new age hipsters think "masculine" is supposed to be.

>"What were you expecting, white spandex?"

So it's not much different than standard capeshit around here?

Thats awesome, i had no idea..

Isn't the guy supposed to be native too. Man he could have been hot as fuck.

I KNOW right???? why can't real actors just look exactly like illustrations from 50 years ago!

Movie people are so fucking stupid we could do a way better job.

It's not much different from any comic around here