Haven't cried in years

>haven't cried in years
>the final scenes of One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest made me well up
and it's not even the first time I've seen it, just the first time I really appreciated it

what film makes you cry, teve?

I was mad at the end of this movie because that nurse lady was such a bitch.

Green Mile. The end with Coffey giving his monologue and the execution makes me bawl like a bitch, especially since he died a couple years back.

it was such a shame the kid killed himself

>That fucking credits music

when the iron giant sacrifices himself

The end of Lord of the Rings when Frodo says goodbye to all his friends. I think it's because I watched the three movies over three days, and I became really attached to everyone over the course of nine hours.

I read the book, and if I remember correctly, the ending has the Injun guy break out of a window and escape

Also the book is written from the Injun's perspective, not from the perspective of Jack Nicholson's character

Very good book to be honest with you

>Very good book to be honest with you
>DUDE, ASYLUMS ARE JUST ABOUT "THE MAN" KEEPING OTHERWISE-HARMLESS ECCENTRICS OUT OF BOURGEOIS SOCIETY LMAO

Deinstitutionalisation was a mistake

Bootlicker detected

Kesey basically admitted later that he spent most of the time "researching" asylums off his face on LSD.

I suppose he did capture how crazy the '60s got regarding mental illness, like Thomas "mental illness doesn't exist" Sasz

Me on the right, btw my old mother love that movie

when theodin is rallying his dudes in rotk i well up a little

yearly netflix binge.

Except most of the people portrayed in the book are genuinely mentally ill, including the Chief himself. The only "harmless eccentrics" were Billy who just needed to get laid and McMurphy who was there by choice. What Kesey argued about was more humane treatment of the patients, since the staff in the book barely sees humans in them.

>nine hours
>not watching the extended editions

First time I watched that film I was about twelve and I actually thought Ratched did nothing wrong and Jack Nicholson was a troublemaker with an excess of pride and soberb disrupting the routines of the poor asylum patients

Now I'm 19 and, while recognizing Ratched was too extreme and was doing more harm than good to her patients, still deep down think the way I did when I was 12 towards that film

I did the same of you, but by the time of end of Return of the king I was just praying for it to end. I had no attachement to any character (only thought guys like Saruman, Gmili and the Ents were cool characters, but only that) and Return of the King is the most boring film of the trilogy, and I had stopped caring about the saga by the end of it

i just don't want you to hate me :'''''''''''''''''(

I related a lot to these kids. always hit me square in the feels

only this

Same.

FROZEN

i always shill these movies here but the ending of Jean de Florette and Manon des sources is both a huge twist and emotional.
also I cried hard in the end of the Hunt. i think i never cried so much watching a movie, probably because of how unpleasant the first part of the movie is.

dad died few months ago (was 24) and rewatched pic related recently. I cried when it focussed on his son because I kept thinking about how shit it would've been to grow up without a dad and that I was grateful that I had mine for as long as I did

Jack Nicholson did a lot of great films dealing with the struggle for personal freedom we all have back in the 70's, especially with his work at Rayburn/BBS Productions.
I'd recommend watching Five Easy Pieces if you want some more depression kino.