Historical Films

ITT: Post films that are of historical significance.

I'll go first, pic related was the last time in human history that Hollywood would ever have two blonde heterosexual romantic leads.

Hardcore Henry evolved film narrative more than any movie since 400 Blows

by turning it into extended video game cut scenes?

No just PoV which has been done before but nowhere near that extent. Maniac was cutting edge just a couple years earlier and looks like shadow puppets by comparison.

Isn't this right around the time Owen Wilson tried to kill himself?

maniac looks 100x better tb h but nice trips

r i p

it was 2008 the final days of the before times

Understandable. His dog died.

his dog was assassinated by (((them)))

I just meant that as a euphamism because Maniac looks great but Hardcore Henry did literally 100x more with PoV than Maniac did. It is PoV fully and finally realized.

i disagree maniac utilized the pov much more effectively by using it with actual talent like elijah wood to tell an engaging story. on a technical level henry might be more complex but on a storytelling level it is vastly inferior

Probably one of the last movies to use large numbers of extras and props when filming a battle rather than relying solely on cgi.

Eva Green was quite hot in the movie.

I don't think you've seen either movie.

ok

Absolutely, I think she might've put a fetish for dark haired pale girls into my subconscious.

>dark haired pale girls
nice

Dark haired pale girls with blue eyes...

who was the greatest dark haired pale girl ever portrayed onscreen?

it isnt pic related but still a good one

This movie proved that you can milk billions of dollars out of Gen-X and Millennials through sheer nostalgia.

didnt the prequels also prove that?

Holy fuck is the force translated as die Macht?

Jennifer Connelly was pretty good.

theres something wrong with eyebrows - too masculine.

very true also we cant forget liz

To some degree but at least they were telling a different story all together and for the most part had new designs for ships, places and clothing.
The Force Awakens on the other hand ist just blatant nostalgia pandering with even the plot being identical to A New Hope and everything being basically slightly modified concepts from the original trilogy.

good point. how much do you think nostalgia is responsible for the success of pic related?

Jane Russell also desu

Yes, it is. What makes you ask?

Möge die Macht mit dir sein!

Marley was a male dog though

but that's wrong. drive had two blonde heterosexual romantic leads and it came out later.

dang thats true but instead of raising a lab the blonde guy raises his blond gfs mestizo son so it only half counts

this shitty movie had blonde romantic leads. what are you on about op

Hardcore Henry pissed me off with that asspull twist and even more asspull ending.
It was like someone taking a big greasy shit, and then when you complain, they jerk off onto the pile and expect you to like it.

>the last time in human history that Hollywood would ever have two blonde heterosexual romantic leads.

I should have included blue-eyed as well in the OP. Carey Mulligan is cute but she is no Aniston.

Literally who? I'm talking about major movies with stars in them.

That shit was like the first Twilight. Comfy kino.
I dropped the books for I am number four halfway through. Kept getting stupider and stupider.

you can't just change the rules multiple times throughout the thread you double nigger

>but at least [apologist excuse]
EVERYTIME

>tom hiddleston
>blonde

>brie larson
>blue eyed

I can do as I please in my own thread and if you don't like it you a free to leave.

neither look very blonde, the woman maybe

>tom hiddleston
>not blonde

thats copper not gold

damn... white people are oppressed... really made me think

End The Ginger Holocaust Now!

#REDLIVESMATTER

>last time in human history that Hollywood would ever have two blonde heterosexual romantic leads

Ok you got me with that one.

>Tfw ginger
>Tfw most women find it gross and the only ones who don't just see me as a fetish

STOP! Nigger time

Red hair is very beautiful.

looks arent everything la stiff upper lip