This movie was absolute dog shit...

This movie was absolute dog shit. The first five minutes showed so much promise after that it was so boring even with all the shit they throw on the screen.

I disagree. I thought it was pretty great right up until the 12 minute mark, when the leads are introduced.

That girl has a manly face

They had zero chemistry. Felt like a brother sister team rather than lovers.

what are you talking about and what is with this shit meme? much better than holywood diversity wars and capeshit

it wasnt perfect, but it was fun and nothing felt forced, i regret not seeing it in the cinema and supporting it, doubt there will be another Beson adventure like this for some time (but that was probably the plan all along)

It's not a meme the leads feel more out of place than any film in recent memory.

second thins

modern women are cockblocking and overly empowered while still longing to be treated like a princess

very real in my experience, probably much worse by the time the 2100's roll along

Why not both

>multicultural space station
>no go zones, pimps and whores, where a king alien tries to eat her brain

>Luc Besson made a terrible movie
Who would've thought ?

They were pretty bad. But there were still interesting ideas in this film. Modern movies have convinced us to prefer perfectly polished formulaic films

>15/10 Intro
>11/10 visuals/set design/race design
>-5/10 story
>3/10 cast
>15/10 Rihanna fapbait scenes

???

>Clive Owen is in this
Goodnight sweet prince you had a good run.

did you even watch the fucking movie

We all knew it was going to be crap based on many reportings. The real question though is does it feel like an issue of Metal Hurlant?

I did and can confirm he's right about zero chemistry

Did Luc fuck the enchantress this time?

Reminder that during shooting the 5th Element, he stopped fucking the tall blue diva to start fucking Milla Jovovich.

Saw it, user is right they had zero chemistry.

She had more emotional interaction with the three-bird group than with the human plank of wood that was Valerian.

I thought they were siblings from the commercial til they almost kiss at the end and made me go WTF

Real talk though, is she barefoot in this movie? She seems to be barefoot in everything she does

the reveal of the brain eating alien was perfect desu

Bubble best girl.

imagine if they had two likeable decent actors in this, it would be another 5th Element

The "Let's dress up Cara" scenes were at least an 8/10

terrible compared to what ? felt much more real than capeshit or even guardians of the glaxy vol 2

yep i feel this movie had a soul, or perhaps i just really appreciate having a singular person in charge of the artistic vision and direction

as i said not perfect but MUCH more coherent then hollywood design by committee and chinese cultural filters for the international market

felt most normal movies i remember... there has been something deliberately "offbeat" with modern movies lately

i even took some screenshots when i watched it Sup Forums its aesthetic beats star wars without trying

Was it just me or did the male actor sound like a teenager trying to sound like a tough guy even though he's 31

He looks 15. I thought it was a highschool kid.

Ehh...yeah I guess they're above average.

A few good ideas doesn't make up for anything when it doesn't seem like anything in the movie matters. They have their entire team die on that one planet and they didn't give one shit. They had zero emotion for anything really.

I watched it up to a little after Rihanna shows up then stopped. It was boring and just turned it off and went to bed.

It was more mediocre than bad.

>Felt like a brother sister team
I wish since sibling incest is best.

he sounded exactly like keanu reeves to me

i agree. shit movie

Dropped it when they try and pass her off as sexy.

I want to feel Cara's asshole clench around my tongue.

Holy shit I thought this exact same thing. He was completely miscast.

The movie really needed someone like Chris Pine, Channing Tatum or Chris Pratt to play SpaceChad.

Tatum would've worked well, Pine is just a hair too old, but could pull it off. Pratt would've ate into the budget too much.

I think the weirdest part was getting Herbie Hancock to play a role clearly designed for Keith David.

she is though

she could literally pass as a boy

She has that "I always smell like cigarettes" look to her.

No, Op is correct. This movie is a fucking bloated mess with no talent, extremely charismatic actors. It bored the living shit out me.

I think Cara deserves an oscar for that "I know you are a ladykiller line" without bursting into a laughter

neck yourself

you probably think capeshit is just fine

I liked it, was low brain power, quite chill.
Took a while to get over cara's voice though, never realised she sounds like j-law.

>galactic hero
>anything but a ladykiller
choose one

>my heart will belong to a man who will erase his playlist for me
what did she mean by this?

Did you even read his post?

would have been really good if it wasnt for the lead
he looks like an ugly, edgy loner manlet
there's no way someone like that could be such a ladies' man and an international badass

The leads were woefully miscast. Zero charisma from either of them, and they were both scrawny and weedy with gremlin looking faces.

>That girl has a manly face
that is a given in an realistic science fiction film. every girl has to have a manly face and every man has to have a girly personality. now as for why besson decided it was realistic for them to be white...

Why are you posting this shit in every thing?

still better than OOGA BOOGA

how is that a bad thing?

So she belongs in a shadman comic?

Perfect.

Cara should have got her tits out and maybe this shit wouldn't have been such a flop.

woof

What is wrong with you?

DISNEY PUSHED DIVERSITY TOO HARD AND I AM PISSED

TFA
>OOOGA BOOGA
RO
>YING FONG CHING
SOLO
> STRWONG WOMAN EMILIA CLARKE

Cara was the best thing about this movie

>ugly anglo who cant act
wow

Never watched it but Cara is beautiful.

>top model
>ugly
You're retarded. Literally. My advice: try to at least pretend you have any taste.

The cast was fine and i liked them better than the normie-approved standard options. If there was a problem it was there not being anything to verify Dehaan as capable. He uses devices to get the job done instead of his intelligence or skill. When Bruce Willis "negotiated" in the 5th Element no one questioned it because he'd been in a dozen action movies and audience believed Bruce (not Corbin) was capable. Dane doesn't have those typecast associations. It's the writer/directors fault for having Dane crash through a dozen walls with a power suit so they could show pretty cgi aliens (again) instead of having him reach them same destination by use of his own ability.

REEEEEEEEE LEAVE BEST BOY AND GIRL ALONE

im gonna watch it because dehaan and delevingne are hot, no other reason

she's a nice boy

i liked this movie a lot. the two leads are why is flopped audience wise, but financially it was probably okay as it was completely funded in full up front. The sales paid for the marketing. Cara delevelvinlevelavinalblahblah is pretty attractive to me but man can she not fucking act. she seem like a nice girl in real life but her acting is not so good. I hear she sings well though.

Why did they cast the most beta Valerian they could find?

rihiana is more deserving for the "that's a ten" line.

i kinda like that. i kinda like women then are slightly boyish or masculine.

She was fucking awful.

yeah, it was fine up until the protags appeared, but the casting people failed miserably because both the leads have no charisma. DeHaan in particular is so hopelessly miscast it's not even laughable. The comicbook Valerian is the basic precursor to Han Solo: an older experienced guy who been around the galaxy a few times and will do anything to get the job done - instead we get this monotone emo twink who's only grasp of gravitas is when he falls over.

The rest of the film was fantastic and did follow the source material really well - I did cheer when the three info brokers appeared. Can only think these two talent-free zones were forced on Besson by the moneymen.

>Cate Blanchett and Karen Gillan
>masculine
What the fuck are you on?

Cara was far less bad than I expected. Dane was awful in this role. He has very little range outside of brooding outsider.

I always thought she was a hamster toothed ugly bong but she was hot af in this movie.

that movie was beautiful

the kid with eyebags was miscast. should have gotten a Chad instead. it would have made ALL the difference.

because she didn't want to fuck him IRL. women can't act. the traditional solution to this was to have a good looking male lead instead of pepe the manlet.