How did they manage to fuck it up so badly?

How did they manage to fuck it up so badly?

DUDE PRODUCT PLACEMENTS LMAO

-Take the threats of Season 1 and make them weaker.
-Make one of the main character's subplot about character building instead of character interaction with other main characters.

How they make them weaker? They merely introduced a stronger threat that was able to enslave the demogorgons

trying way too hard. also that daddy/daughter conflict with Hooper and 11 in E3 was cringe as fuck.

>Steve and the Dad didn't use spit buckets

Sounds like a perception problem there, buddy.

Not enough Billy

Definitely wasn't as good as season one.

Also, what in the fuck were they thinking with those shitty Borderlands tier punk kids? Such a weird and sudden change in tone, was really jarring

they were clearly mocking it
companies dont allow their products that they have paid to appear in the movie to be mistreated
the monster and its minions was far worse than last season
this is intelligence
this is trying to take over
its not simply eating random people

And they explored Els background and what she had been doing for the missing year

>Also, what in the fuck were they thinking with those shitty Borderlands tier punk kids?

You will find out in season 3 when the sister finds El, and is probably the cause of the next threat.

>they were clearly mocking it
>companies dont allow their products that they have paid to appear in the movie to be mistreated

Tell that to safelite

>cause of the next threat
did you not see the smoke monster looming over the school?

I liked it. I skipped episode 7 like you anons suggested and it was pretty good.

Even said "it's finger licking good" fucking shills. Wonder how much the big haired cunt got paid to say that. Probably will go get some kfc later though.

She will willingly become the vessel for the demogorgon, because they both want revenge against El. She thinks she'll be satisfied - and probably will reconcile in some human way - then El will have to put her down when the mindflayer refuses to play ball and tries to kill them all anyway.

I thought it was pretty sweet. You have a girl who always wanted a nice father, and a guy who misses his daughter dearly. But they're both so fucked up and damaged, they just can't make it work. Even though they're exactly what the other one wants/needs.

thats not the demogorgon you fucking retarded, the demogorgon was the monster from season 1

Why didn't Bob turn on all the sprinklers when he successfully drove out the Demodog from the west stairwell, throughout the entire facility? Would it not provide a clear option for them to defeat the animals without loss of life and create do not demogorgon zones?

Can someone edit it down to just the steve parts?

Episode 7 sucked bit otherwise I enjoyed it

El's subplot.
The kids in general being more obnoxious and their acting noticeably worse.
Additions to the cast who contributed nothing.

they didn't have a problem with water

Fuck's sake, I meant mindflayer. I dunno why I said demogorgon.

The mindflayer is really goddamn cool, but...

Reading the materials and watching Beyond Stranger Things, I just get the feeling they really wanted to make an Earthbound TV Series and this is their Giygas.

Diversity.
>56%

Wow this picture is extremely inappropriate. Delete it now.

Episode 7 was fine. Episode 8 on the other hand was a complete mess and where the bottom fell out.

"This plastic window will keep them out, no need to run". The fuck?

>they were clearly mocking it
>companies dont allow their products that they have paid to appear in the movie to be mistreated
that might have been the old way of doing things, but people got keen to it. now they have to make the product placement "ironic" and forced for people to accept it. and people eat that shit up, because "haha stupid big corporations think i'm buying into their ads, haha stupid corporations" as they bite into hot, crispy chicken.

Story and characters were pretty much done by the end of S1 so they had to backpedal and settled with pandering to the lowest common denominator.

Anything with 11 is pure cringe.

>Also, what in the fuck were they thinking with those shitty Borderlands tier punk kids?
This is actually a very good question which I hope will be answered one day by members of the staff.

>Episode 7 was fine

It's amazing how Steve's character improves when he's not dragged down by Nancy's bullshit.

I don't think they'll be reusing any of those characters considering the amount of criticism they received for that episode.

I really loved season 2 desu. Thought it was better than season 1, minus episode 7 which I'm just going to forget exists.

If they do reintroduce 008 then they'll destroy the show. They've got a good thing going, and it's the sort of thing Hollywood would do.

Instead they should introduce 004 with the power of mind control who rocks up a couple episodes in. Make him the same age as Steve, super nice and well integrated into society. I don't know where he'd come from though. Maybe he's been living in the woods for years or he's better yet, he's been living a normal life with a family in the town, having escaped years before.

I'm basically writing a character for myself. Don't mind me.

It was the sound they were drawn to. If he kept them in, the demadogs would see it's only water and continue with what they were doing.

Nice b8.
7 was horseshit cancer and needs to be gassed. 8 and 9 were very good.

The demodogs were not planeswalker like the demogorgon

Don't forget the Demogorgon couldn't be beat by anyone other than El. Demodogs could be kicked around like it's nothing even though they're bullet proof.

>introduce two new characters, a chad with daddy issues and a ginger
Entire show I'm thinking, nah they can't just have these people in the show for no reason other than to have the ginger fill diversity quotas
>ginger is a strong independent girl who plays videos games
>ginger doesn't have any problem with blacks
>only black in the town hooks up with white girl and NOBODY bats an eye
>gingers dad is a ex military child abusing stereotype
>Implying he don't have an issue with the blacks too
>implying he wouldn't be lecturing his kids all day about the blacks
It's the fucking 80's for Christ sake.
This show could have been so much tighter and half the crap this season needed to be lost.

Bob wasn't a government spy sent to keep an eye on will, that pissed me off

8 & 9 were good but the ball ending sucked

The Mindflayer wasn't threatening. It essentially didn't really do anything except linger around menacingly and be gigantic to no affect. The Demo-dogs were ok but boring as well.

>Bob wasn't a government spy sent to keep an eye on will, that pissed me off

I think everyone was expecting him to be a spy for the government, which made it smart for them to have him really be just a radio shack employee (or wherever he worked)

Because they watered down the season, saving a lot of critical plot stuff for subsequent seasons.

They were originally planning four to five seasons with a complete road map to make sure there were no loose ends once it's over, but there's no way in fucking hell this uneventful season was part of that plan. They didn't expect this series to become Netflix's number one moneymaker, so they dumped some bags of cash on them and said, "drag this shit out for as long as possible."

The show's integrity is completely gone. It's all downhill from here.

>NOBODY bats an eye
Billy hated Lucas because he was black.
No it's not stated because it's blatantly obvious.

>It's all downhill from here.
If 008 doesn't come back next season and if they establish Demogorgons(adult sized) as the threat again then S3 will be better than S2, even if they retread S1 again. Because now we get best sol subplots and we get a good villain. S2 was okay sol and bad villain.

It only gets better if 008 isn't in. Trust me user.

In the 80's when Kentucky Fried Chicken went through the start of its revitalization marketing blitz and eventual re-branding (1991 was when it became simply KFC) it was marketed and viewed (for a very short time, along with other places like Red Lobster) as a more upscale variant of fast food people would eat for a table dinner. The mistake of that scene wasn't the awkwardness of it, it was the expectation of an audience that would know the odd context. The audience for Stranger Things, being pejoratively, not people who actually grew up in the 80's but younger neo-80's enthusiasts and posers.

What, did you even watch it? The thing got wet and hated it

>The thing got wet and hated it
That explains why there's no water in Steve's pool in the Upside Down.

Are you clinically retarded? Episode 7 was one of the better ones. Episode 8 had one dumbfuck moment after another.

>defending episode 7
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHa

>randomly assuming there is something wrong with episode 7

wew lad

>I don't think they'll be reusing any of those characters considering the amount of criticism they received for that episode
You wish.

Based Billy

Did anyone else think how weird it was how Nancy, Jonathan and especially Joyce, Will's mother were acting dumb when people were talking about Upside Down with them?

They've actually been there and suddenly they act like none of it happened.

I just thought it was really weird. At least Steve acted accordingly.

there was other black people in the town, just not a lot. the farmer family was another.

5 eps in, how dark is the second half of the season?
Not trying to be "420 blazeit aw weed legalise it" but I plan on smoking up and watching something but not sure how fucked the second half of the season is.

Season 1 was was awful.

Season 2 was was awful.

Y'all got memed or brainwashed or some shit. You're like the people who say Rick and Morty is funny.

I feel bad for you guys at how easily the TV people brainwashed you into shilling their shit product.

Speaking of the farmer family I'm surprised they didnt have Hopper just shoot that black kid for pretending to fire weapons at him. That'd be a nice twist ending for the whole series.

This character was fucking stupid and pointless.

>hated season 1
>watched season 2
Haha faggot.

They played it too safe and it become forgettable.
I’m sure there were more discussion about Finn Wolfhard over the year than the show itself

>Season 1
>A non-stop trainwreck of homages, characters cliches, pointless plotlines, and plot holes.
>Exists to be a tribute to 80's sci-fi and horror but falls flat in comparison to everything it steals from.

>Season 2
>A mediocre season that goes in a different direction.
>Few of the plotholes from S1 are resolved.
>11 seems to only exist to be a Deus ex Machina crutch.

I fully expect 11 to go Super Sayin next season, which I will inexplicably watch even though I already thought the show was trash for both previous seasons.

No it didn't you retard, it heard the noise of the sprinkler and ran towards it.

i laughed and thought the same thing. oh also there's a black cop.

It's established multiple fucking times that shit from the Up-Side-Down dislikes water. Dart or whatever its name was refused to drink any water, the cancer shit underground avoids lakes, etc.

Wrong

Season one was mediocre to bad

this season is also mediocre to bad but there's more bad

I just kinda alt tabbed when the boring drama was happening and tabbed back in only when they were doing something involving the spooky stuff

though
>australia is filled with huge spores an shit everywhere
>nobody bothers covering their mouth until something bad happens

Here's the full shot. Dog on the stairs, sprinkler goes off on the corridor, dog moves to corridor.

The tunnels avoid water because how the fuck are you supposed to tunnel through water jackass?

On-topic I though the season was okay, not as good as 1. Episode 7 was horrendous though.

>I fully expect 11 to go Super Sayin next season

How big the nosebleed?

anime character walks in on sister in shower big

Bud Dwyer big