JSA Storytime: Wildcats 3.0

Good evening owls,

yes, this is what we are, now

Other urls found in this thread:

sequentialtart.com/archive/sept03/jcasey.shtml
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why does he where that mask?

because putting kinky leathermen in your comic is transgressive or something

I'm not /k/ and all and haven't been shootan in two years now, but do you really want to be standing square like that when you shoot?

If he took off the mask OP would still be a faggot.

I missed you, sugartits

My brain is still kind of boggling at the distance between this and current watercolor Ngyuen

who charges and gets absolute top dollar for con work, damn

I loved this Fanfic.

Anyone putting Busiek on a Big Two book is the quickest tipoff that it's a lie

>My brain is still kind of boggling at the distance between this and current watercolor Ngyuen

I think the biggest jump I've ever seen in an artist's career is Clint Langley or Bill Sienkiewicz

Busiek was the biggest "obvious bullshit" flag, but I don't see Remender, Hickman or Fraction coming back any time soon either

Agreed.

Really? Ms marvel changing writers was the biggest one for me

Remender fuck no, Fraction's probably in the TV world, Hickman could be enticed by the absolutely right project and a free hand

I mentioned Busiek because his health problems are so limiting, and well-known

Hello, Storyteller.

>that cover
... Sigh. Welp. There goes any sense of dignity none of us had in the first place.

LOL

He does have that Batman thing coming, but yeah. Not an ongoing.

I wish it were more believable.

>Bennett on Ms Marvel
>Slott still on Spider man
>Bendis on Thunderbolts and Defenders
>Spencer is done with Cap, Aaron is done with Thor, they switch characters
>pushing Ewing more
>Lemire gone from big two completely
>Bendis eats a part of Soule's soul

lol it's going to get so very, very much worse, it's a Joe Casey not-for-kids comic

He'll do one-offs but everything has to take a back seat to AC and Autumnlands, and some days it seems like even that's pushing it

>Slott still on Spider man
>Bendis on Thunderbolts and Defenders
>Lemire gone from big two completely
>Bendis eats a part of Soule's soul

these are basically confirmed

oh right, here we go

I didn't realise this just became an outright bondage comic.

One of the running gags in these threads is discussion of sex dungeons, we don't have dignity, and we probably don't have shame either.

she needs to though

Yeah, this is going where you think.

we have neither

What's your point of comparison for Clint Langley?

>Fraction's probably in the TV world
I want Cassanova to go on hiatus so Fábio Moon can work on literally anything else

I wish people would put more effort into making these fake leaks... and I wish people could actually notice when something is hilariously fake.

Bendis isn't writing Thunderbolts
and Lemire has submitted multiple completed year long scripts to Marvel

It's a weird narrative huh, it's been tried like three or four times now with different specifics.

>it's a Joe Casey not-for-kids comic
Yeah, I noticed. So between the EDGE and the dragging its heels plot, which would you say is more typical of Casey?

>and Lemire has submitted multiple completed year long scripts to Marvel
what's he on next then? I thought he was leaving all his books

good taste dubs dude
fuck Fraction with ten foot pole

>and Lemire has submitted multiple completed year long scripts to Marvel
sauce?

Because he's only on Thanos now I think so he'd have 2-3 to be named

His early Slaine stuff that was traditionally inked linework. It's nothing like his crazy digital art for Book of Invasions or ABC Warriros

Is this really going where I think. Oh Agent Wax no.

That's really impossible to say because his current creator-owned SEX is full of both taken to new heights

Casey took some deserved WHAT THE FUCK? for this, lemme see if I can find it.

his current book are ending and he said in an interview the month to month writing is really stressful so he started writing full stories before submitting them this last round
expect more like his Moon Knight and Thanos

>my boss is an asshole
>raping his wife is definitely the answer

I don't even want to imagine the thought process that lead to making your ostensibly non-villain protagonist do something like this

This is no spoilers for where we're up to:

sequentialtart.com/archive/sept03/jcasey.shtml

> I hope they all haven't completely written Wax off as a character, because part of the idea of writing this series under the Mature Readers banner is the opportunity to depict characters in more complex ways. It was never my intention to suddenly cast Wax as a bad guy, based on the stupidity of his actions. Being an idiot doesn't automatically make someone a super-villain. At least, not in the world that I want to write about.

...dude, you made him a *rapist*, and not an ambiguous one, either

I kinda wish he'd stuck it out with the inks. I like some of what happens in later Langley Slaine but I find the whole thing kinda wearisome due to the art.

He was also one of the first Warhammer artists to start on that kinda thing IIRC and lead to the shitty aesthetic that has today vs. the sort of hey-did-durer-draw-this stuff it had before.

I know. I've been in these threads for... Well it was around the time Storyteller was running Rucka Wondy, and that was like, early to mid 2013? Like four years. Damn.

>I find the whole thing kinda wearisome due to the art.

The photo references are way more egregious in The Wanderer than in Book of Invasions yeah. I think it works really well in ABC Warriors, when he's not doing back to back double page spreads of one character firing a gun

I can't believe how long we've been going either, when I think about it

Ah so 10-14 issue runs at most?

it would probably be less stressful if he, i dunno, didn't write 6-9 books at a time

This is a definite Millar moment. Like, Wanted-level Millar.

It's hard not to read into Joe Casey on the back of that statement huh.

I saw some pros boggling at Lemire's work ethic/with some veiled jealousy and some quiet sniping

I'm not saying you can't have sympathetic characters who do awful things, but you the author need to be completely aware of what you're writing and not seemingly be kind of surprised

What the fuck is with these letters

Wow. Shit, I don't think even WATCH_DOGS went there.

Also, there's nothing complex about this. Wax is raping his boss' wife because said boss annoys him. Go fuck yourself.

>I saw some pros boggling at Lemire's work ethic/with some veiled jealousy and some quiet sniping
S P I L L
P
I
L
L

Seriously. I hate these short 12-18 issue runs being the norm. here is a writer that's popular enough not to have his stuff canceled after 6 issues but he still half asses and abandons projects after a year. And he still hasn't fixed his pacing issues, he still can't get over writing for the trade, I'm enjoying Descender but goddamn dude...

>I saw some pros boggling at Lemire's work ethic/with some veiled jealousy and some quiet sniping
where?

exactly
Moon Knight was a critical success but not really sales
so he's going to do a bigger character because Marvel thinks he's one of their best writers

Mainly "holy shit that's a lot of work on a very tight schedule/I can't do that/I wish he wouldn't talk about it like how he does because it's impossible for most of us and makes us look/feel bad"

I don't remember the sources well enough to twitter search for it, sorry

C O L D M E D I C I N E

One Day.

What is Grifter's ability besides having his mask never reveal his face?

he's not half assing anything
he's trying to create tight stories, the best possible without stringing them out

>because Marvel thinks he's one of their best writers
They're not wrong, I just think Lemire fails at trying to do "traditional" superhero stories, like JLU. He's like DeMatteis in that his strengths shine on off beat titles

A lot of loyalty for a hired shitposter!

Oh I thought they were taking jabs, Lemire's wok ethic is really bad. I remember Kindt and Soule getting a lot of "OMG SO KEWL HOW DO YOU WRITE SO MANY PROJECTS" a few years ago. Fuck man, when did quantity become more important than quality.

What's Desmond up to during all of this?

He's got variable levels of psi powers

Lemire's work ethic is insane, but it's clearly not a model that works for everyone, and I have questions about the results when he's doing five books at once

>using hypnosis to force her to listen to his incessant ranting about The Man
See, this would've been funny, if not for the whole rape thing. You can't really be making jokes with this now and expect it work. You have rather effectively put the audience in a not-laughing mood.

And frankly, Joe, you have turned me off of your already meandering writing by being bootleg Mark Millar. (And no, I will not make the obvious joke there, because fuck you.)

His ability is to have burnt out abilities if I remember.

Hey there.

You did the title wrong. This is clearly Wil/d/cats.

When will they actually make a game. Also there's no way Gerard Way didn't acknowledge this meme with that coloring page.

to be absolutely fair this was 2003, but still

Casey aims higher but his treatment is pretty similar to Millar, yeah. SiMillar?

This is so 2003.

The Beverly Hills Gun Club is an excellent name for a criminal front business.

Or a band. It'd be a pretty good band name.

Insanely bad. Someone that's so hit and miss should focus on less series at a time and there's a lot to say about him creating Equinox and then abandoning her a few months later. And this point it feels like he's asking for characters to write so he can cross them off his bucket list not because he wants to have great runs on them.

I've got plenty of /d/ignity, thank you very much.

what has Casey done that can measure up to Millar's Superman Adventures, Red Son or Starlight?

Speaking of watercolours, some kind user storytimed and served up downloads for Minus!

And there were people who disliked it because Minus was a capricious god. The idiots.

he was supposed to go to a local con as the featured guest, but had to bail for two years because of that insane work ethic

I can't think of any time one person writing that many books at once has ended up well. Not to mention the odds that much of the already-low uniqueness has been ironed out to make it work by Editorial

>When will they actually make a game. Also there's no way Gerard Way didn't acknowledge this meme with that coloring page.

I wish it was Real

Adventures of Superman, Cable and uh... I got nothin'.

Cable with Jose Ladronn, Godland with Scioli, and that Captain Victory comic with a whole crew of artists

>Wildcats 3.0
AWWW YEAH

Also, the idea of Claremont as anything but sales poison nowadays is pretty hilarious.

Oh yeah, forgot Godland. There's also Catalyst Comix, right? Never read it but it looks good.

I was idly scanning the AV Club comics reviews because the comments are frequently readable, and there was some discussion of TNC/World of Wakanda as being Claremontian in their wooooords everywheeeere-ness

>Also, the idea of Claremont as anything but sales poison nowadays is pretty hilarious.
>But he’s not getting any work from Marvel either. Still they pay him a retainer, enough that he won’t go to DC Comics, or anyone else. That would have to be a considerable sum, and it’s one that they’ve re-upped a number of times. He did write the What If X-Men Forever series, but that was in 2009 and 2010. And there was a short-lived Nightcrawler series in 2014. It’s just there’s been nothing since. But the Marvel cheques just keep coming.

It’s not that he doesn’t want to write, he does. But Marvel don’t seem to want him to write anything. But even more than that, they don’t want him to write for anyone else.

Nightcrawler was a huge improvement on anything since leaving Uncanny X-Men, but still not great. The Death of Wolverine tie in issue was the stand out

I mean in the actual topic. Casey is attempting to dig a little deeper than Red Son does with communism, for example.

just in case

What if Lemire is actually farming his books out to starving writers and taking the lion's share of the profit.