Is the Lotr TV series a direct response to WoT coming out?

I hope neither one of them comes out, this place will be insufferable from all the fucking whining

eh they previously waited 30 years before reboots, but then they altered the formula and decided that 15 years is enough provided the original made enough money.

but a man may hope for some WoT... though I have 0 expectations and actually am prepared for whoever is making it to ruin it beyond recognition.

They'll never get "ASHAMAN, KILL!" right

What is Wot? Wheel of Time? It will have a tv series?

Yes friend sony and a few other production companies have the rights and theirs a showruner.

Is it some disney shit cause that logo looks like a hidden mickey

I have a bad feeling about the WoT serie

wait theres a LOTR TV series in the works too now? man i already know its going to be a fuck up. also WOT is absolutely guaranteed to be shit because sony is involved

high fantasy more like lord of the rings than game of thrones

Stop posting, it's embarrassing how stupid you are.

it's a direct response to a perfectly milkable franchise not currently producing milk, that's also why the hobbit got extended from two to three films

this. it feels like almost every goddamn movie or tv show coming out now a days is just a cheaply made cash grab

there is no way they don't fuck it up, I'm going to take a hammer to my computer and never use the internet again if they end up making a series

>tfw they make Tam black
>innocent Rand never questions if the black man raising him might not actually be his father, despite Rand being almost a feet taller than anyone else in the region and being the only one with red hair

They will force diversity one way or another into Season 1, despite later books being pretty diverse once they start really going to distant places (nude South-Indian-Melanesian Sea Folk with darker pigments) or Shara that varies between China and Africa, not to mention Seandar the Imperial Capital of Seanchan being a tropical city and the core Seanchan royal bloodline having been blacked for centuries.
Arad Doman (basically Arab Domain) with capital Bandar Eban (Bandar Abbas something city in Iran), Tarabon (t. arab on) with their veiled people, Saldaeans being basically Mongols with their archer cavalry... Tear being modelled after Spain, Cairhien after France, Andor after England, Illian (Illum = Troy) Greece, Altara somewhat Italian, Shienar somewhat a Weeaboo place and so on.

Wait, someone fill me in on this LOTR show. Hope it's not true, probably would be full of nigger hobbits and elves and other lefty shit.

Netflix has The Witcher, Hulu now has LOTR. WoT BTFO?!
Fantasy kino has been filled!

Should make Discworld series instead, the silly sods

>"Oh boi I can't wait for Geralt to be saved by stronk female amazone who also is made of 90% body fat and uses her magic powers of melanin! Just like me your #professionalVictim #totallyaverageblackwoman YAAAAAS KHALESI SLAAAAAAAY YAAAAAAAS!!
Just fucking off me right now...

Finished the books this week. I honestly hope this show gets cancelled.

>Lotr TV series
pls no
>WoT
pls pls god don't o this to me

Would it be doable to have CIA play some char in WoT?
Sammael? Would be wasted as 5 pages Belal.
Pedron Niall maybe, the mastermind leader/general of Children of Light?

too short for Lan or any Aiel dude

What kind of fidget spinner is this? also saged.

saying you've saged a thread is against the rules

>will be
user, I...

They're gonna be shows of both sagas.

It's time to take that rope from the locket, my friend. You're gonna use it.

reported for lying. saged.

Asmodean

No, it's a direct response to the fact that the GOAT fantasy series is full of FUCKING WHITE MALES!

why was the art so ugly? why was this allowed? why didn't anybody stop this from being published?

i really hope they don't make a lotr tv series it will be horribly done

some art is okay

YOU JUST KNOW

>*Tugs braid*

this came out later for a reprint or for the ebook, didn't it?

yeh think so

Message Body:

Diversity Primer
-prepared by: Amy Pascal

-Lan is turned black (Idris Elba? is he available?) for the WE WUZ UNCROWNED KANG OF MALKIER N SHEITTTT factor
-Elayne and the rest of House Trakand including Rand are turned black for the YAZZZZZ QUEEEEEN SLAYY factor
-Since both of their respective lovers are black, both Emond's Field women (Egwene and Nynaeve) get BLACKED
-Mat is a cringy Latino twink
-explicit Blue is the Warmest Color-inspired sex scene of Bain and Chiad
-Min is a dangerhair pseudodyke
-Moiraine is Asian (Lucy Liu? is she available?)
-The Aiel are all Arabic

~~*This message has been approved by your Social Justice Kommissar*~~

-LEAKED SCRIPT-
SONY's (TM) Wheel of Time
Season 1, Ep. 19

Seanchan: Artur Ackbar, we shall righteously slay all of you oath-breakers and claim the lands of our forefathers.

Juilin Sandar: We must stop them from reaching the shores. Aes Sedai, I suggest building a wall to keep them out.

Elayne: *gasp* How could you? They're people just like you and me! We should be more welcoming to these migrants. If we treat all of them according to the actions of a few, we'd be bigots! #LoveTrumpsHate #LetThemIn #SeanchanLivesMatter

Nynaeve: *tugs braid furiously* Light burn you, woolhead, I'll box you around the ears.

Juilin: *nods respectfully towards her*

>it's an grown-ass female character is bent over the knee of and spanked by another grown-ass female character episode
>it's a female political leader tries to seduce the Dragon Reborn episode

>it's an Aviendha gets naked for a myriad of occasions, such as going to Rhuidean and when Egwene is in a bathtub episode
>it's a Min wears tight clothing episode
>it's a Berelain dances the sa'sara episode
>it's a Galad is such a fucking Chad that he gets even the Red Ajah's (man-hating dykes) collective pusy dripping wet for him episode
>it's a Seafolk Channeller goes topless, revealing her large saggy breasts episode
>it's an Elayne bonds Aviendha, Min and herself to Rand and the first thing she does afterwards is DEMAND that Rand fuck her because he fucked the latter two already episode

>it's an Aes Sedai pillowfriends episode
>it's a Bain and Chiad use their spears as their lovers, sharing them at both ends episode
>it's a Perrin has to be careful not to get punished by Bain and Chiad or else he'll suffer great pains sitting on his horse episode

>it's an Aviendha and Min can feel Rand rimming Elayne even though they're miles away episode
>it's a Birgitte can feel Elayne's mouth being filled with Rand's cum and swears to "kick her tickle-heart all around the palace" episode
>it's an Egwene gets captured by the Seanchan and is forced to wear an a'dam collar episode
>it's a Faile behaves like the sexually frustrated cunt that she is so Perrin can fuck her roughly in a demeaning way episode
>it's a Mat gets captured and raped by horny old queen Tylin and is forced to wear pink frilly ribbons and a revealing outfit that allows any woman in Ebou Dar to fondle his ass in public episode

>it's a Nynaeve sniffed loudly, smoothed the front of her skirt furiously and tugged her braid episode

>it's an Ishamael waxes poetic about the inevitability of the Dark One's triumph over reality episode
>it's a Graendal's boobies bounce while sitting on furniture that is actually naked human slaves contorted together episode
>it's a Lanfear can do nothing but masturbate impotently in the corner as a cuckquean while Chad al'Thor aka Lews Therin Telamon reborn fucks THREE women at once episode
>it's an Aginor creates an OP monster untouchable by the Power just for the lulz episode
>it's a Balthamel gets resurrected into a female body and feels that his sexual preferences were ""expanded"" because of it episode
>it's a Be'lal gets balefired before he does anything important episode
>it's a Rahvin dickmatizes Morgase so hard he can literally fondle other women on his lap in front of her and she's still wet for him episode
>it's a Moghedien first gets collared by Nynaeve, then upon returning to the Dark One is passed to Moridin's authority because of the mindtrap episode
>it's a Semirhage literally kills a man by over-stimulating his pleasure receptors episode
>it's a Sammael is insecure over being a manlet episode
>it's a Messana is mindbroken by Egwene episode
>it's a Demandred is cucked by Lews Therin SO hard both in using the Power and with women that the mere thought of him evokes an autistic screeching frenzy episode
>it's a Mazrim Taim forced Aes Sedai to kneel before the Dragon Reborn or they will be knelt episode
>it's a "Who Killed Asmodean" subplot arc that goes unsolved for a dozen years

Wheel of Time is one of the dullest fantasy novel series in the history of fantasy novels. Seriously each episode following the boy Dragon and his harem from Caemlyn, Rhuidean and Andor as they fight assorted Darkfriends has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the misandric imagery and dialogue, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of subtlety and ineffective use of immense worldbuilding, all to make exciting large-scale confrontations unexciting, to make tough men seem like huge pussies.

Perhaps the die was cast when Jordan vetoed the idea of his wife editing the series; he made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody-just ridiculously detailed depiction and promotion of his fetishes. The Wheel of Time series might be anti-Christian (or not), but its certainly the anti-Lord of the Rings series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books had great kinky stuff with women and spanking though
"NO!"
The writing for women was dreadful; the prose was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time Nynaeve felt the need to fidget with her hair, the author wrote instead that the character "tugged her braid."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Jordan's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that he has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Wheel of Time by the same Brandon Sanderson. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these perverted manchildren are reading Wheel of Time at 17 or 18, then when they get older they will go on to read Brandon Sanderson." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Wheel of Time" you are, in fact, trained to read Brandon Sanderson.

dont be so mean user

game of thrones is high fantasy, exactly the same as LOTR

Next level W E W

No one should ever be threatened by anything SONY puts out.

Shits gonna be a trainwreck.

Terrible CGI
OC donut steal
ORCS DINDU NUFFIN
Darkies and vaginas everywhere
Frodo and Sam will be hard gay
Gonna try to be edgy and mature like GoT

I don't want it.

is wheel of time worth reading?

If ANY of the main critical cast of LotR is black washed, I will NOT be watching it.