Latchkey kingdom Storytime Part 2

I am continuing the storytime from this thread:
desuarchive.org/co/thread/89460416/

First we have the chapter "Tourist".

Do you need to know anything about the previous chapters? You don't! Have some fan service.

She has two good reasons to dislike curses. One is a C and the other one a D.

I wonder if they had Embalmer to narrate the Deathtrap factoree audio tour.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Willa only cares about thinks she can stab, slice and chop.

She didn't even give them gorp.

Do Hillian bats fly backwards?

In retrospect I'm noticing a pattern involving Svana between this chapter, Weird Woods and the current chapter Castlemania.

And if you donate to the comic's patreon you can have the artist draw your very own weirdo rat in the comic.

So if the rats dont talk I wonder who gives them their names

They hang around yumans often enough to imitate them passably, so they are probably nicknamed by yumans.

I hadn't noticed how many other adventurers were just hanging out in the rat's underground town.

I found Waldo!

And... is that Grin?

Willa will totally murder some mofos with a sword to get a better sword.

I hadn't noticed the little hearts in Svana's imagination.

She is really into strange stuff for the sake of it being strange. That explains her love for witchery.

Totally is. You can even see one of his masks hanging up in Janus' shop in the third panel here

*second panel

The first time we see more of a resemblance between the two Blackheart sisters.

Svana is popular with weird freaks who are into tying her up.

Well that must do wonders for Nikol's mood.
But maybe knowing Grin is now a directionless retiree helps.

Rex Vunderdog likes 'em with long legs.

And that's it for Tourist. Next up a tiny XMas special with...

X-Mas

At least Kenner seems like he can put up with the strangeness.

I never noticed the stick growing leaves and flowers the first time I read this.

It is actually with this XMas special that we are introduced to the idea of visitors messing with Hilla for nefarious reasons. Nefarious holiday reasons.

And that's it for XMas and the first tale of Willa's goodwill to all.

Moving onto...

The War on X-mas begins

SahH

Probably our first look in-comic to the nearby Metal Lands.

And it is Metal enough that I am forgoing my rule of posting only chapters with full-color pages.

I see what you mean. That would actually be a very nifty game mechanic for a weapon.

I guess that bandit girl must have some Etonese blood and that's why she has a hair-streak.

Meanwhile at this point in time her father, the powerful dog-god Spar-oa-ky, is probably terrorizing peasants.

He's a naughty dog

I want to see when Stella actually meets her father, but I am also curious about who raised her with these Herculean ideals.

I do love how the spelling mistakes and being surprised by Amanda imply he totally did this on his own.

But maybe he just wanted to chew them a little bit like with Nikol.

There are a lot of things I didn't notice the first time I read this. Like who else he made portraits of.

Kissus interruptus.

I wonder if Nick has any special plans for Starla. She got named and a full face reveal unlike the other weirdos.

Some world-building detail I noticed is that unlike regular Yumans, hybrids like Stella and Embalmer can't wear regular pants or shoes.

They have digitigrade feet.

The Killer Croc school of fighting.

What if Janus turns out to be the final boss

And that's it for SahH!

Now for an strategic trip into...

Carol

Another X-Mas special but these seem to actually matter a lot for secret world building.

Perhaps that they laugh at honest work is related to the fact that both Ash and Willow are very poor.

Willa is a girl of simple holiday wishes.

Wait. What's with that balloon in the sky? He is also in the main page's cast picture.

How tacticool of them.

Like I said, this ties up with there being some kind of organization actively messing with Hillian culture.