Devil's Candy

Thought this was a good webcomic and wondered if any on Sup Forums know it.

devilscandycomic.com

Other urls found in this thread:

devilscandycomic.com/comic/ch01extra01
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bump

this looks nice

inform me about it

It's set in a world of monsters and the first 'general admittance' school in it (I'm guessing the races kept to their separate schools or only the elite got education)

The protag Kazu and his friend Nemo create a Frankenstein girl for a school project. She becomes a new student and responsibility for Kazu. There's a lot of crazy arcs that happen to them revolving around the school. From science clubs that want to steal brains to Rugby with demon eggs.

It's pretty easy reading and good humour. Solid art and cute characters help too.

May as well go full shill and try storytiming it

>Pin tit

That's chapter one. Probably going to stop there.

You can resume on devilscandycomic.com/comic/ch01extra01

>All that uploading
>Page 7 already

Great.

One bump before I leave.

I quite like the flow of the action scenes in this! Art is nice too.

>character in op is a reverse trap

I'm sold!

Pandora is a qt.

This is a good webcomic. It updates regularly despite having a detailed and well drawn style. It has lots of cute monster girls and silly characters. It keeps the story arcs short enough and lighthearted enough and never takes itself too seriously.

Very balanced for a webcomic.

Writing is mediocre, but the artist has a great sense for panel composition.

What counts as good writing with webcomics though?

Why "webcomics?"
Good writing standards don't change based on whether your comic is digital or physical.

People usually tend to give Webcomics a free pass for writing me included do to most of them being pretty amateurish one-man jobs, they're usually the work of one person that don't have that great of grasp of the medium yet and are getting the hang of it and either improve or degrade with time so people tend to give them the benefit of the doubt when they're fresh talent.

With professional comics there are lots of people working on one issue alone, writer, lineartist, colorist, editor when they actually do their jobs, among other people, people that already should have a full grasp and experience of everything do to them being professionals in the field, so people tend to hold them to a higher standard and more careful scrutiny.

Plus a lot of webcomics don't intend to be ultra-serious masterpieces in the first place but Sup Forums can't just enjoy things.

>800x1200
But why.
It's not the 90's anymore and dial-up is dead. There is literally no reason to use tiny shit resolutions anymore.

Viewability

>pictures for ants
>viewable
Pick one, and only one.

>People usually tend to give Webcomics a free pass for writing me included do to most of them being pretty amateurish one-man jobs, they're usually the work of one person that don't have that great of grasp of the medium yet and are getting the hang of it and either improve or degrade with time so people tend to give them the benefit of the doubt when they're fresh talent.

Okay, first of all, that's stupid AND condescending. You're looking down on these people based on how they publish their work. Like, Jim Shooter and Scott McCloud can put stuff out before they're out of school and they get the whole nine yards, but we should be soft on Bittersweet Candybowl a decade in? If you told me you were going softball on my comic to my face - and I know some people do it without saying it - I'd tell you to fuck off. It's retarded, it doesn't help anyone, and it means you assume inferiority.

Second, Bickham's a professional writer. Hamby is a pro artist. Why would you even suggest this dumb shit when we're talking about ACTUAL PROFESSIONALS who get PAID to make this?

You should be gauging your criticism based on the comic's update frequency, number of collaborators and the comic's priorities, not by whether it's sold at your LCS.

CYCLOPS A CUTE

For someone that enjoys calling others stupid you sure lack and basic form of reading comprehension, don't you? I was trying to explain to you why some people lower their standards when reading webcomics because you want to admit it or not 90% of them are either mediocre or downright shit, 8% are just "good" and a measly 2% of them barely go above average.

> but we should be soft on Bittersweet Candybowl a decade in?
That's why I said most people's easy going attitude and standards go towards F R E S H talents. I'm not even telling you to fucking do it becasue god knows I fucking don't, I'm trying to explain to you why MOST people DO. You asked a question and I fucking answered.

>You should be gauging your criticism based on the comic's update frequency, number of collaborators and the comic's priorities, not by whether it's sold at your LCS.
well yeah time of output should be taken into consideration, I'm not sure how much it should be taking into it tho becasue QC, DoA and LiCD all update frequently and they're all irredeemably shit.

Shota main character is a best.

Yeah, I'm a fan. The art and characters are fucking rad and plot's lighthearted for the most part.

It wouldn't surprise me if there's a more serious in the works though. This current chapter at least being a two part makes me wonder.

Oh hey. I remember this story. It was one of the winners in the TokyoPop Rising Stars of Manga competition in 2003. This version is slightly different. Still pretty neat it's still around.

>I accept your gender igentity, but never the evil in your heart.

Yep...That's my go to fucking line from here on out.

A one shot by the creative team ran in the US Shonen Jump like a year or 2 ago. It was pretty decent.

lol thanks OP I'm digging it quite a bit

Damn, I'm not usually a fan of manga influences in art but that's some good art, especially a webcomic. I just binged it and I'm finding myself enjoying it by a fair amount. Character designs are nice, jokes are amusing, and the characters interact with each other well.

>You will never have a buff gf who would crush all your adversaries

I'm ashamed to say that this actually elicited a hearty guffaw from me.

I like how Kazu's dad looks like Black Jack.

Looks unique ill bump ya OP

Ricket is the best girl

I liked this comic.

It reminds me of all the cool visuals and stuff Soul Eater had before it became a generic slugfest.

Can someone drawfag them meeting at a kiss concert?