youtube.com/watch?v=2XsoX-_VFKg
youtube.com/watch?v=EG_Kvbds32E
youtube.com/watch?v=ZQUxpQHY4eQ
youtu.be/Y13BbUGdPC4
youtube.com/watch?v=ZUXC3Jl8Cn0
youtube.com/watch?v=Ytwl9Y4B0mg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pagan_reaction_in_Poland
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Russians typically made good movies and have a place in the historical canon of cinema, as opposed to countries like Argentina.

>Russians can't make good movies --no one ever

That's one of the few things they can do well.

This movie is shit.

Any recommendations?

anyone got a good English subs link to this?

stalker

it seams that literally all are made by non english speakers.

Watch old movies from USSR. Russian movies (1990+ year) is totally shit. There is a few ppl that cant direct a good movie but it still on a low lvl.
Watch Tarkovsky movies. Sergei Bondarchuk (old one), Romm, Gayday

Night Watch

Russians make pretty decent kino though. Always have.

Solyaris (1972)
First Orbit (2011)
The Guardians (2017)

And that's just off the top of my head.

The very heavy handed christian propaganda pretty much ruins large parts of the movie.

Brother 97
Oligarch 02
Literally anything made by Andrei Tarkovsky

fucking atheist cucks, go contemplate your meaninglessness

Speaking of Russian movies, I'm about to marathon this latest Zvyagintsev. What am I in for? I liked Elena and Leviathan.

I see there is also a Day Watch, which I assume is a sequel. Is it worth watching as well?

Their old, depressing shit is great. Modern Ruskies are Bollywood 2.0.

i thought mp4's were the standard for digital format who the hell uses mov.

You wouldn't say that if you had seen the movie. The ending is literally "because i'm now a christian i'm a morally superior and truly enlightened man, far beyond what any of you heathens could ever hope to comprehend".

great another inaccurate viking story

Seems pretty true to classical russian philosophers and literature desu. They suck Christianity's dick pretty hard.
>muh humility
>muh forgiveness
>muh atonement
>muh ingrained indisputable feels about right and wrong

And i'd love the movie if they had actually explored that aspect of orthodox christianity in a much more nuanced and even critical light, but it's just presented as the best thing on earth which i don't like.

did it leak?

>viking
>good
Choose one.
I'm from russian and saw this piece of shit in cinema.

>The Guardians (2017)
>good
hahahahaha
Are you retarded? It was so bad company become bankrupt after it.

WE WUZ KIEVAN RUS

Christianity was forced on people.
Who declined - was executed. People run into forests from it.

It isn't russian religion by any means.
Try to make main religion in US - islam, by force.
Will be same thing.

>already forgetting film of the decade

baka

Shit.
I doubt anyone watched it, whole 3 hours of it.
I done it.

Yeah.

But I liked Closeness (Tesnota) (2017) better.

COMA (2018)

I see that you plebs haven't watched the Green Slonik.

youtube.com/watch?v=2XsoX-_VFKg

>Russians can't make good mov...

Too bad the dialog is all in Russian, which nobody speaks and even the movie posters are in cyrillic moon-runes, so nobody will know what the fuck this is about.

If foreign nations want to compete against the behemoth that is Hollywood, they are simply going to have to do their productions in English, which is the global language.

This
Literally nobody cares about movies not in English. If you want to sure way to sabotage your production, make it in a foreign language.

Russian movies objectively shit, and can't compete with hollywood ones.
And movies which is gaining any money in russia, too russia specific.

Mandarin is going to become a global language, mark my words

anyone can make a good trailer about anything

It's about guy who brought Christianity to ancient Russians, plus religious people hated that movie because he rapes a girl, does drugs and stabs his brother in the back

This.

Stupid 'muricans actually were hyped for this shit.
youtube.com/watch?v=EG_Kvbds32E

>ancient Russians
It was around 988 year, not so ancient.

Well with Hollywood in complete meltdown maybe the Ruskies can give us some decent movies when it inevitably collapses.

БЫЛИ

>because he rapes a girl
that scene was very weird with all those vikings standing over them and that one autist banging on a drum. The girl does full frontal and is a natural blonde later in the movie

anything by Andrei Tarkovsky
come and see
the cranes are flying
ivan the terrible part 1 & 2

KINO teaser for new Russian capeshit movie
youtube.com/watch?v=ZQUxpQHY4eQ

Hey man, I suspect you know something about russian films so I gotta ask you if this sounds familiar:

>russian or eastern european indieish film
>half-an-hour fillm with constant action happening on city streets
>there is one main character surviving and beating his way through the streets and buildings
>I suspect the film was made in 1998 - 2006

Only additional scenes I remember was scenes of two mafia bosses talking to each other on the phone, while pinching their throats supposedly to change their voice. The film was constant action and chase, the amount of action was almost ridiculous

Yeah because poland was forced to convert right you revisionist jew.

Me too, still don’t know if it’s the best or the worst movie I have ever seen

> Literally nobody cares about movies not in English.

Exactly and while most of the world is willing to put up with subtitles, (since most entertainment is in English) most native English speakers are not and that’s costing you a huge part of the global market.

> Mandarin is going to become a global language, mark my words

No, English has already been long established as the defacto global language, it’s the language of science, finance, politics, military, etc. and every chink in China under the age of 25 already knows English.

And Chinese moon-runes are even more retarded then cyrillic.

>as opposed to countries like Argentina

why did you used that example?

>No, English has already been long established as the defacto global language,
French was the defacto language of Europe for like 300 years, look how that turned out for them.

КИHOPEЖИCCEPAMИ БЛЯT

>Viking
>Good

The Tribe is Ukrainian but one of my favorite movies I've seen this year.

Кaк тeбe нe cтыднo, зacтaвляeшь бeдных инocтpaнцeв cмoтpeть гoвнo, пpикpывaяcь нeплoхим тpeйлepoм.

Cyrillic is really easy.

Sokurov is the only russian director worth paying attention to
Also anything that Georgi Rerberg was cinematographer on - he is probably the most overlooked genius in the history of cinema

>Yeah because poland was forced to convert right you revisionist jew.

Essentially, yes.

King Mieszko I of Poland converted to Christianity (on his death bed, lol) because he could see the writing on the wall and understood Christian nations were more powerful and it was either a case of join 'em or get steamrolled by them.

>russia/ussr shit out some of the best art works of the last 2 centuries
>only russian capeshit gets on user's radar
classic Sup Forums

why are Russians or just Slavs in general always the bad guys in hollywood?

Hajeebs are old and busted. Can't put chinks, important market. Red scare and 80s nostalgia is in full swing. See, russia is actually big and scary and a superpower to rival US!(it's not even close)

To be fair, there are a lot of bad guys in Russia, the murder rate is ridiculous and the life expectancy is kinda low

What a blabbering buffoon, like every revisionist nigger, incapable of even as much as googling mieszko.
He died in 992 you lying retard, and poland christianized in 966.
He converted after marriage and allied with czechs.

> > No, English has already been long established as the defacto global language,
> French was the defacto language of Europe for like 300 years, look how that turned out for them.

French was known only in Europe and only among the upper classes, the utter global dominance of the U.S. and Hollywood as well as the American music industry, means most people in Earth already know some English and in most countries, English is taught in schools as a mandatory course.

If film and tv producers want their product to successfully compete in a global market, they need to produce their works in the global language and that’s English.

The first episode of Фapцa (fartsa) is really weird mix of light hearted and dark crime stuff with pretty good cinematography.

youtu.be/Y13BbUGdPC4

this looks bad. they made good movies while they were communists ironically. now they just make shit

>Try to make main religion in US - islam, by force
yeah, that's totally not happening here in the west...

>ctrl+f Alexey German
>no match found

Sometimes I ask myself why am I still visiting this board.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZUXC3Jl8Cn0

That's because the Soviet Union wanted artistic stuff and not generic Hollywood cliche stuff.

because what is the film history of Argentina? what are their contributions to the canon?

>means most people in Earth

Agartha confirmed.

> He converted after marriage and allied with czechs.

Which was wholly political, as was his conversion.

Mieszko still had pagan concubines until the day he died.

Garbage movie to be honest. The story is an incoherent mess even though it looks okay from time to time.

Fuck off revisionist nigger.
No one gives a fuck about your mutt face and MUH PAGAN desperation.
You keep lying and getting proven wrong and then you lie again.

I really like the first one, but this trailer is a bit too capeshitty for my tastes. I've read the comic book though, that's a good story arc, so it could be good if drop this kiddy tone and go with the tone of the first movie.

Why the aggression?

But nobody, particularly entire nations, changes their religion without some kinda outside pressure and in the case of Poland, that pressure was the Germans, who Mieszko could see were going to wipe out / absorb the Poles (as they’d already done with the Wends and other western Slavs) unless he adopted Christianity.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ytwl9Y4B0mg

this one looks interesting

Doesn't lool like a memorable movie at all, just a soulless sci-fi cash grab stuffed with CGI and edgy acting.

Could be kino but... yummy

russians have the best women, just look at that fucking slav face, its perfect

Russians can and do make good movies, this is not one of them.

Agreed, I'm going to Russia or possibly Poland in search of a wife. My mother's ex moved on to a Russian immediately after leaving her and I can see why.

Russian around that time might as well have been

Wild Tales, The Secret in Their Eyes, Nine Queens.

You tried to lie about him doing it on his deathbed.
You are so fucking retarded you were unable to type his name into google and sse the date of his death.
Your isiotic opinions are irrelevant and cacerous fucking hell.
>look at how retarded i am and how much i lie
>Why the aggression? xp

so Argentina only started making movies 17 years ago? and why should anyone give a shit about any of those three movies compared to Russia, France, or even the US?

Not that guy, but:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pagan_reaction_in_Poland

The better film.

Be careful with AIDS though.

Ivan Grozni biopic when?

You got my hopes up with that helmet but then everyone's dressed up like a fantasy movie anyway.

Building interiors look decent. River boating looks decent.

I just don't get why it's so fucking hard for the costume department to do some research. These fucking boiled leather fantasy armors are so fucking ugly.

you will find some gold digger

I'm from Poland and I'm opposite, prefer wife from western Europe but it will never happen of course.

>of course

Why?