Does it ever blow your mind how unlikable literally EVERY single character on Voyager is?

does it ever blow your mind how unlikable literally EVERY single character on Voyager is?

except Neelix of course

only the EMH was unlikable

Well, I kinda liked... um... onesec... actually op's right.

not exactly unlikable, just hilariously incompetent, except Tom Paris and 7 of 9.

unironically the most likable character on any Trek show

What's wrong with Chakotay?

Also, I'm watching through for the first time. Just finished season 1, and I actually like neelix. Is something going to change my mind?

I will say Voyager has some of the stupidest looking aliens of any Star Trek series, and yes, I've seen TOS.

>t. reddit

many people dislike Neelix because he starts off as a goofy, Jar-Jar type character, like a token alien who looks funny.

He develops into a more rounded character later

>t. /mlp/

I've been watching / rewatching Voyager recently, Janeway has got to be one of the worst captains in Star Trek (aside from STD). I watched it a fair bit when it first aired but not everything. I'm up to season 3 and so far (spoilers):

>Kills Tuvix; a unique, distinct lifeform that expresses a desire to live
>kills the Jester AI even though it just wants to live (and is unwilling to live under the compromise offered by Janeway)
>invades another sovereign alien's space, doesn't take time to understand their language or even try to negotiate, just tries to sneak through
>doesn't want to spend 5 months going around, even though the prime directive makes it clear that is the correct thing to do
>then gets caught and starts MURDERING them because they're defending their space against invaders
>at no point have they made any attempt to help the organ harvesting aliens, nevermind it's absurd that they would need to STEAL organs when they have vastly superior medical technology that would allow them to clone the organs (something Voyager can already mostly do with their vastly inferior medical technology)
>it's implied that only the sickest / most desperate Viidians resort to organ theft
There's also been a number of quirky plots where if it were TNG it would have been "We thought the Doctor was going to lose two years of memories, but instead we managed to come up with a clever solution." instead its "Our clever solution failed, he lost most of his memories except he didn't except he sort of did."
The ending to the episode with the two Voyagers was total insanity. Instead of merging the ships, they destroy one (the healthy one, no less) then somehow repair the badly damaged ship and continue on?
Also, they started out with like 150ish crew (or some absurdly small number like that) and they've lost at least a dozen, maybe two dozen, at this point just in on-screen deaths. How are they not tremendously crippled by that?

>Onesec

What a stupid name

>no argument
I expected as much from EMH defenders

Goddamn do I love Neelix.

>tells lolis bedtime stories
>fuck big alpha Klingon women
>would go for that Borg booty too
>becomes ambassador of his people's race

Gotcha. I thought "Jetrel" was an absolutely solid episode of Star Trek. It definitely makes me appreciate Neelix a little more.

Tuvok has really grown on me too. I started out ready to toss him aside as a Spock knock-off, but I'm glad to see there's more to him.

what was your argument, guymanface?

>Neelix literally fucks a 1 year old alien
>Alien leaves
>hey Neelix, come babysit my daughter

good writing

>>>/trek/

Wait... My bad.

>Instead of merging the ships, they destroy one (the healthy one, no less)

did you miss the twist, where the healthy ship gets boarded by a huge alien ship, and their crew gets murdered and turned into organ kebab?

You mean every character on Voyager is likable EXCEPT that fuck wit Neelix

No I didn't miss that (I ran out of characters in my post), it was just absurd to then have the badly damaged ship be the one to "make it".
A more sensible ending would have been to have the badly damaged ship sacrifice itself, thereby blowing up the Viidian ship before they could start beaming out pelvises. Also it's insane that Kim died, and a baby died, and they're just going to pretend like it's okay because those two were transferred to the alternate surviving ship. I mean Kim says as much himself so the writers were aware of it, it's just the whole thing is a mindfuck.
Basically they needed Mr. Data to figure out that they merely needed to invert the poleron emitter and channel it through the main deflector array while modulating the signal to match both ship's angular confinement beams, thereby safely collapsing the duplicated matter and solving the anti-matter drain at the same time.

I thought it was a decent twist, because everyone was expecting what you said.

But yeah, the execution made it seem ridiculous and unnecessary, and awfully convenient (baby and kim died? np here's some replacements)

They have actually all died twice, that kinda makes it feel better. Janeway 4 times if you include "Year of hell" and Admiral Janeway in the finale.

>baby
That wasn't just any babby, that was Naomi "the cunni" wildman.
But at least they set up the "reset" button in this episode, instead of pulling it out of nowhere like usual.

why does this happen so much

And some other crewmen die on screen as well, and I think like 10 other people are mentioned as dying offscreen (in a casualty report); the guy in Engineering even had a name and had been in previous episodes. I know it's a plot point that they can only send a small number of people to the other ship for [TECH REASONS] but what an absolute moral quandary to just play god and choose those two but not any of the other people that died.

I get that they're trying to be a different kind of Trek show, that it can't all be miracles of deductive reasoning and careful consideration like TNG, but god damn.

More than that with janeway. Doesn't she blow up a few times in the episode where seven gets sent back in time to find the temporal bomb on voyager?
And you're forgetting all about the transporter which puts the "number of times killed" astronomically high.

I love every Voyager character's quirks and features. I give the show a 65 out of 100

It's just a signature of Federation technology. They just can't help but put plasma relays behind consoles. I just watched an episode where Tuvok told a little girl to get away from a console just before it exploded, and two other crewmen have been told to get away from exploding consoles.

The federation also doesn't have seatbelts, so you better pray to the machine spirits that the inertial dampeners feel like doing their job today.

"Relativity", yes. Forgot that one.

Does it ever bother you that Neelix is a child molester?

His girlfriend is only 1 year old. Even by the standards of her own species, that's too young. Her species undergoes puberty at age 4.

And yet STD makes VOY seem like TNG

Nah, Tuvok is one of the best trek characters ever.

I have been a life long trekkie and I almost feel guilty for not having the slightest interest in watching discovery (or the orville for that matter).

I just watched the last episode. I wan't on the bashing bandwagon.. but it's just kind of meh. Character interaction is very 'walking dead' like. No interesting chemistry. Everything is so glum and superserious. Making an autistic depressing vulcan wannabe as main character doesn't help.

So far, I like the captain the best.

>muh native americans
>muh spirit animals

Chakota was sterotypical as fuck

Its almost like they hired some slav LARPing as a native american as a consultant.

it kind of hurts desu

i quit after 3 or 4 episodes, i couldn't take any more

>ship gets bombarded with torpedoes out of nowhere and the captain just saunters over to the chair and says "shields up" 10 seconds too late
>one character juices her panties when she sees "a real paper book" as if replicators just don't exist
>mushroom-based superwarp drive
>half vulcan character that switches back and forth between acing like a vulcan and a human based on whoever wrote that episode
>buncha gay shit which i don't explicitly have a problem with but it's done in that "*wink wink* look how PROGRESSIVE we are" kind of way

i think the studio just decided they wanted to make a quick cash grab on the recently revitalized trek IP, so they phoned it in when hiring writers. if it bombs they will just say it was because of sexism or racism or homophobia or whatever to cover their asses

I've noticed this board rarely talks about Seven, does liking her make me a normalfag?

>>mushroom-based superwarp drive
Its because alice in wonderland desu

It is 200 year old technology, at least the human version of the dampeners and structural integrity projectors. At one point it works so well, that it almost never fails.

She's perfect and her episodes are the best in the series.

fuck you. Janeway is the best of all the Star Trek captains.
Her voice gets my dick hard every time.

MLP has John DeLancie as a recurring character and Bill Shatner did a guest VA this season.

>i think the studio just decided they wanted to make a quick cash grab on the recently revitalized trek IP, so they phoned it in when hiring writers. if it bombs they will just say it was because of sexism or racism or homophobia or whatever to cover their asses

and you know they call that "standard operating procedure" now.

>mushroom-based superwarp drive
huh?