Sup Forums actually thought Jazz would be a big part of Korra

>Sup Forums actually thought Jazz would be a big part of Korra
>Sup Forums actually thought Bending Ball was going to be anything but a one off thing
>Sup Forums thought this was going to be good
Was Korra's failure what broke Sup Forums?

>DR.DOOM WAS JUST AN OP WATER BENDER
At that point I just gave up

I was fine with it.

Maybe if we had more ten episodes, his back story could be better explored. I have the impression that all of his plan was just a suicide mission and that he wanted to die as a martyr.

>Sup Forums thought this was going to be good

Was pretty good. Could have been better.

That and the failure of the DC Cinematic universe, the constant ultra PC forced diversity tripe Marvel was spewing in the comics, the death of the Saturday Morning Action Cartoon, CalArts, and Stan the Man consuming the essence of one too many legends all contributed to the breaking of Sup Forums

It was like 7/10 by itself, and 5/10 if you take in consideration that it is a continuation of ATLA.

I think it is worth to see tho, because the character design, music and choreography are all amazing.

How would Sup Forums explain Aang being Amon?

s1 5/10
s2 2/10
s3 6/10
s4 4/10

Bryke are hacks

>season 1 ended
>Sup Forums was disappointed but hopeful
>season 2 ended
>show was abandoned short of the wafiu degenerates.

Season 3 was alright, but yeah, the writers should be embarrassed.

S1 5.5/10
S2 5/10
S3 7.5/10
S4 6/10

Compared to AtLA

B1 6/10
B2 9/10
B3 9/10

So it's worse but not terrible overall.

What the fuck else would he be? Oh, never mind, you guys would have hated it anyway.

S1: 8/10
S2: 9/10
S3: 9/10

Korra

S1: 7/10
S2: 6/10
S3: 8/10
S4: 7/10

Who else wrote it along with Bryke?

It is quite shocking that Bryke written some of the best episodes of ATLA, like Blue Spirit and The Guru.

I still have faith that they can make something good later, maybe with a little more experience and the right team.

ATLA

B1 7.5/10
B2 9.5/10
B3 7/10

Azula "kills" Aang with her lightning attack at the end of that season of TLA
Supposedly an unknown avatar was then born and subsequently died without ever attaining the avatar's powers since Aang was still alive.
Korra is born after the death of the unknown Avatar; thus correcting the avatar lineage and Aang loses his powers except for spirit bending which he learnt from the Lion Turtle.

>It is quite shocking that Bryke written some of the best episodes of ATLA, like Blue Spirit and The Guru.

Not really. The problem with Korra was pacing and lack of overarching focus and cohesion more than writing quality.

>S1: 8/10
>B1 7.5/10

Book one is pretty awful besides the last few episodes and a few scattered ones (jet, blue spirit, kiyoshi)

>jet

>Book one is pretty awful besides the last few episodes and a few scattered ones (jet, blue spirit, kiyoshi)

Agreed. Most people only remember the good and ignore the rest.

Addendum: though Jet sucks fuck that.

>watch episode one
>IM DA AVATAR YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT
>change channel and never look back

The only truly "bad" episodes were Imprisoned, Great Divide, and Bato of the Water Tribe. The rest ranged from alright, to excellent.

Also how the fuck are 'Jet' and 'Kyoshi' in there over 'The Storm,' and 'The Deserter'?

I'll admit season 1 was a little hard to get through the first time, but I appreciated it more every time I watched it. Apart from three or four kinda dull episodes, it's really enjoyable.

Korra
Season 1 7/10
Season 2 4/10
Season 3 5/10
Season 4 7/10

>The problem with Korra was pacing and lack of overarching focus and cohesion
This was a big flaw of the series. Bryan, one of the two guys we get Bryke from, thought it was genius if Toph was some older guy jerk that pick on the gang but DiMartino pitch the idea of a small blind tomboy girl because it would be an excellent counter to Katara's very feminine nature as well as funny that the "strongest" team member is a blind little girl. Bryan was dead against it forever and apparently fought many time to get it out of the show. Why? Because as he admitted later the unnamed earth bender trainer was to make a love triangle between Aang Katara. He was willing to have Toph never happen so he could fuel shipbait.
This same Bryan got to run Korra and it shows in season 1 and 2 where we see letting him run wild with his ideas nearly uncheck isn't a good thing.

Season 1 has gotten harder to watch pretty much every time I watch the series. With the exception of the universally loved episodes like The Storm and The Blue Spirit.

I don't watch it for alright. All the alright episodes drag the season down overall. Also I think Jet is a terrible episode. I didn't make that list I was just agreeing with the overall sentiment in

You're thinking of Aaron Ehasz, he's the one who made Toph a girl. Both halves of Bryke wanted to make Toph a guy.

Well thank fucking christ for Aaron then. Guy Toph would have probably been much less memorable.

I don't know maybe a competent leader that just hates benders with a fucking gun

Let's break it down.

Great tier: (5)
The Storm
Blue Spirit
The Deserter
Siege of the North pt. 1
Siege of the North pt. 2

Good tier: (7)
Southern Air Temple
Solstice pt 1 and 2
Waterbending Scroll
Fortune Teller
Waterbending Master

Okay tier: (4)
Boy in the iceberg
Kyoshi Warriors
King of Omashu
The Northern Air Temple

Bad tier: (4)
Imprisoned
Jet
Great Divide
Bato of the Water Tribe

Even Jet and Bato had some kick ass fight scenes at the end which make them passable. I still say season one was good overall.

Beyond forgetful to down right unknown. This was the final pic if they went male.

I will never forget how shit season 2 was
Fuck Korra

I would move Deserter down to good tier. Then move Avatar Returns, Fortune Teller, and Waterbending Master, Solstice down to okay tier. Then move Waterbending Scroll down to bad tier.

So it's Great (4), Good (2), Okay (9), Bad (5).

He was going to be the Earth Bender in the opening.

But the design was reused for Roku's Earth Bender master, that is implied to be Toph's previous life.

>Waterbending Scroll

It's OK.

It has a three way fight between the gaang, Zuko and pirates. Also plenty of foreshadowing for later episodes.

It was mediocre.

Okay I disagree but even if I moved it to okay we're still looking at Great(4), Good(2), Okay(10), Bad(4).

You could sway me on Waterbending Master and Solstice pt. 2, but I think they had enough going for them for me to classify as good. Depends on how harsh you're being.

>Then move Waterbending Scroll down to bad tier.
Why?

the fact I can't even picture either of them reaffirms how forgettable the design was

Not a fucking bender that's for sure. Made everything he preached utterly pointless and hypocritical

To be fair, Sud just showed up for 5 seconds.

>Made everything he preached utterly pointless and hypocritical

That is the point, he is a self hating bender, and this secret being revealed would fuck up his entire ideology and organization because everyone would realize that they are subservient to a bender dictator.

Equalism was just patethic as an ideology, like comunism and anarchism are.

>That's the point!
Shut the fuck up lol
Bryke just have the combined writing skills of a 12 year old.

i would give S1 and s3 each one point more, but i basically agree

>There are bad episodes of Avatar

>Great Divide
I don't understand how people can say this is a bad episode when it has René Auberjonois grumping his ass off.

I also think it's a fine episode regardless

I don't think any episodes in ATLA are truly awful, but there are definitely bad episodes in comparison.

There are, however, plenty of awful Korra episodes.

Nigga, just because it didn't fit your personal headcanon, it doesn't mean it is bad. There is nothing wrong with making your villain a hypocrite, even more if he is based on the kind of leader that is usually hypocrites.

The fact that is was badly done doesn't change the point.

Awful is a strong word. There's a few mediocre ones, but that's about it. Remember, Korra had less filled than Avatar.

>what is The Great Divide

You are under some delusion that the show actually deals with this political conflict at all. All that happens in the end is Amon gets knocked out of a window, runs away, gets blown up, and the problem somehow solves itself after that. It wasn't Amon who was important, it was the ideas he embodied, and the show never addresses them properly.

I've never thought it was bad. What was the argument for it being bad again?

A perfectly okay filler episode with some funny parts.

Filler that does nothing for the story and almost nothing for the world. And I just find it boring and bland.

A lot of Avatar ""filler"" was great, and most of the plot-focused Korra episodes were bad, what's your point.

>Depends on how harsh you're being.

Pretty harsh I guess.

>Why?

I just don't find it very funny or interesting. There's a couple of chuckles during the fight and with Iroh, but it's the sort of thing I tend to think seriously about skipping when I rewatch (unless I'm watching with someone else).

There's a few in book one that are nothing special. Every episode is important for a first time watcher but I've seen the show 10+ times now I think and I just don't care for a number of them.

Why do you think that Amon being revealed a bender WOULDN'T cause the most radicals and deluded equalists to fight among themselves, and the most reluctant ones to basically search for pacific and actually realistic ways to solve their problems (like electing a president)?

>It wasn't Amon who was important, it was the ideas he embodied

The oppression of people who were never show to have been oppressed in any way?

>Filler that does nothing for the story and almost nothing for the world.
that doesn't make it bad

There's a big difference between bad and nothing special. I agree that some of the are nothing special, and I don't really care for them, but that doesn't make them bad.

I guess it's just my opinion then man.

The Ember Island Players is also complete filler that does nothing for the world, but it's still one of the best episodes of the show.

In a show that's as good as Avatar nothing special may as well be bad. When your show is an 8 or a 9 episodes that are a 4 or 5 seem all the worse.

Exactly, but does the show every explore that angle either?

Of course it would, but the show doesn't explore ANY of it. Instead it's like "Amon's gone now, guess that solves all of this rampant terrorism and political/social unrest." Korra never deals with the poitical conflict at all.

>does nothing for the world

What you guys mean with this? It's all world building.

We got to see 2 tribes on the earth kingdom and learned about their legends and magical artifacts, we also saw how a play works on the Fire Nation, and got to see more of their people humanized and what they find fun/scary/what they have pride for and so on.

This all flesh the world more. It is the EXACT KIND of thing that Korra needed.

- But I genuinely don't see the Great Divide as a 4 or 5, or whatever properly scaled score you were going for, because:
- A 4 or 5 IS a bad score.

For me a 5 is a meh and a 4 is kinda bad but not offensively awful.

4 is a kinda bad score. 5 is more like average or mediocre. I would give Great Divide a 6. It's just.. .okay.

>Of course it would, but the show doesn't explore ANY of it. I

And it has nothing to do with him being a bender or not, so I don't know why you are being autistic regarding it. If you wanted them to explore more, it's OK, I agree, but seems that you are just confusing things.

This.

>And it has nothing to do with him being a bender or not

But the show acts as if it does, as if it unravels the entire movement because he's a waterbender. They turned a political/ideological conflict into a fist fight between Korra and Amon.

what was this picture? it wasn't in the show.

would have been amazing if amon was aang though.

That wasn't the point in the first place, just your interpretation of it

>But the show acts as if it does, as if it unravels the entire movement because he's a waterbender.

It does.

His entire basis is that the spirits gave him power to replace the avatar as the new guy who dictates the balance of the world.

Turns out he is just a guy that need to PERSONALLY be there to remove bending. He has no real authority either.

He probably would never be able to find and remove the bending of all the benders of RC,much less the world.

Worse, without he having any other "powers coming from spirits", the equalists would be COMPLETELY eliminated once the other nations started to pay attention to what happened on RC, because he only has few fighters against 4 fucking countries.

So to be an equalist, you would have to live knowing that you are working for a bender that has all the power, will never remove all bending of the world, and that will probably die in a suicide crusade.

Equalism is fucking stupid on their world, it is basically fighting against mother nature and the law of gravity. Their only chance was if Amon was indeed chosen by spirits to change the world, and had much more powers.

>would have been amazing if amon was aang though.

Are you retarded?

I'll raise you.

S2: 10/10
S3: 9/10

Korra:

S2: 4/10
S3: 5/10
S4: 3/10

think about it

>season one of korra
>amon is at large
>korra still can't master that final element yet

>off comes amons mask, amon is aang.
>korra has been lied to her whole life, she's not the avatar
>"only the avatar can master all four elements" Korra can only master 3.

Stupid. People complained about mutant blood benders, imagine THIS.

yeah but people were gonna call whatever they did stupid.

Amon should have actually been in contact with spirits and not just bullshitting. If some random turtle can give Aang spiritbending then someone could have given it to Amon too. Having him be a mary sue bloodbender was retarded and just a way to force a connection with Tarrlok so they could both be killed off at once.

of course they would if what they did is fucking stupid

I remember how terribly written the show was and how the hero is literally bailed out of how terrible her plans are by plot

I mean first season Korra decides to stop amon by just accusing him of being a waterbender and that just works somehow.

nah. mlp broke Sup Forums
korra just cut the remaining tendons

To be fair it didn't work until Amon became a complete retard also he used water soluable paint despite wearing a Mask he'd be breathing in all day.

The Ember Island Players fulfills the role of a recap episode before the big finale in a very clever format.

It ain't really filler.

Meelo starts to fart bend... I'm out

This could have tied into Vaatu in Book 2. Just like Raava helped the Avatar gain the four elements, Vaatu could've helped Amon be a literal anti-bender.

Still makes zero sense, because if so then korra would be from the earth kingdom and not from the water tribe (the unknown avatar would belong to the water tribes).

ATLA

S1: 8/10 honestly, a lot of filler episodes but they help building the world, also lore and art is already present, Shao or however thats written is a good antagonist that gets a good build up. Finale is great obviously.

S2: 9/10 Ba Sing Se and many other eps are GOAT obviously but theres a lot of shit at the beginning of the season

S3 Part 1: 9/10 again filler but lot of great stuff and lore, also great finale

S3 Part 2: this is subjective but that was easily a 10/10 for me. Just a few eps exploring the characters further and then the grear finale. Also boiling rock was great too imo

That doesn't make sense because the Avatar reincarnates. It's not like a Slayer where just the powers transfer, it's literally the person's soul leaving their body and going into a newborn.

LOK

S1: 5/10 promising since its in the avatar universe but other than that kinda bad actually. I hated the characters, hated the """"""romance""""", hated the sport that they were doing. That last suicide scene was good but other than that it was just bad. Good music and animation though

S2: 3/10 pants on head retarded story, more unlikeable characters. Two parter about first avatar was good and had amazing visuals

S3: 4/10 some better characters were introduced, story was still shit

S4: 2/10 what????? Some red lotus members had good characters but in the end they were all shallow. Boom man from ATLA had more aura than any of them. Ending was shit also they ruined Iroh in this season but i dont really remember. Ending was not satisfying

Overall this was shite and can be considered the prequel trilogy of Sup Forums

Objective view on Korra:

S1: 8/10 - I like that it's all set in the city and doesn't try to be another Avatar with another big adventure. The city looks great and comfy. Especially at night. Amon is a solid first villain and him being a blood bender makes sense. Season is dragged down a little by the love triangle, but other than that, it's good stuff.

S2: 7/10 - First six episodes are kinda slow and not that interesting, but it gets much better once we get to the Wan episodes. They are fantastic, and the animation style is really cool. The remaining six episodes are very entertaining and I absolutely love the colorful spirit world. Unalaq isn't the best villain, though, and the whole thing is solved a little too easily, but other than that, I enjoyed it.

S3: 9/10 - Series finally gets on the level of Avatar with the strongest season yet. The villains are great and a lot of fun to watch. I love that there's still creepy shit going on in Ba Sing Se. Zafou is a great new location that gave us the top tier qt Opal. The last five episodes are truly exciting with some really great fights.

S4: 8/10 - Not as good as S3, but a strong conclusion to a great series. Could have been better if the budget didn't get cut, resulting in that forced clip show episode. One could argue that the series goes a little too apeshit with the giant mecha, but it's all very fun and entertaining.

And this is what all of Sup Forums hates. I'm glad I was able to enjoy it. I've already seen the whole thing three times and I'm looking forward to see it again.

>Was Korra's failure what broke Sup Forums?
Sup Forums getting itself all excited for something that wasn't going to be there is what broke Sup Forums. We thought it was going to have 1920's Flappers. It didn't. We thought it was going to have Jazz. It didn't have enough. We built up Amon as a savior to Republic City. He was defeated before he could carry out his plan.

His ideology was never actually defeated, you were just supposed to forget about it because he wasn't preaching it for real.

>Objective view
>7/10 S02
>9/10 S03
>8 for fucking S04

Please, delete your post.

I'm sorry about the current state of your brain

>I absolutely love the colorful spirit world

I love how it's pretty much an established fact here that Korra is the worst show ever and anyone who disagrees must have brain damage.