It's cherry.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UYbV4Po8cCQ
youtube.com/watch?v=GnP8nfRB4g4
youtube.com/watch?v=bOTOM027CFA
youtu.be/kbnGA8uu8T0?t=78
ew.com/article/2016/03/25/batman-v-superman-jimmy-olsen/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I really don't get why this or the piss scene somehow speak to a lack of quality.

Probably because watching a man sensually put a jolly rancher into an older man's mouth does not sit well with people.

Slip me the jolly rancher baby

youtube.com/watch?v=UYbV4Po8cCQ

The entire court scene speaks of its quality.

If lex was trying to frame superman, then he failed spectacularly cause the news imidietly knew it was a wheelchair bomb and not superman. It wastes the audience's time

If he was trying to stop superman from speaking his mind, then it as a concept failed cause superman said, straight from his mouth about the public opinion of him "I don't care." He didn't want to change the world's mind about him, do not being able to speak to the world shouldn't be any skin off his nose

>I really don't get why this or the piss scene somehow speak to a lack of quality.

Most movies that try and deal with deep thematic ideas don't usually also include piss jokes. It tends to undercut your "super-deep" ideals if you also include Dumb and Dumber jokes in as well.

They're fucking over the top and silly.

Why was Lex so gay and eccentric in this?

The actual reason is much dumber than you could possibly imagine.

So what happened was that Snyder wanted to cast Eisenberg as Jimmy Olsen, and then kill Jimmy 5 minutes into the movie, to shock audiences. "Look at me, I cast a big name actor in this role so you would think they were important, but then I fucking killed them before they did anything!"

Eisenberg thought this was a stupid idea, was kind of insulted by it, and wrote Snyder a long email telling him all of the ways that this was stupid.

Snyder read the email, nodded sagely, and decided that Jesse deserved a better spot in the movie. So he left the exact same Jimmy Olsen 'twist' in the beginning of the move and put a different guy in the role, and rewrote the entire character of Lex Luthor on the spot to make it more "Jesse Eisenberg" so that Jesse Eisenberg could play Lex Luthor.

Which is not only a dumb thing to do anyway, but this means that the Lex Luthor we got was something that Synder invented from whole cloth based entirely on the idea of "When I think of Jesse Eisenberg's acting, what sort of role does that look like?" Which, based on the end result... I wouldn't consider a compliment if I was him.

But it is not like they were simply be there to be a pee joke.

The candy was meant to be how he's in so much control he literally has them eating from the palm of his hand.
And the piss jar was a call back to earlier when the one chick was like "You can whatever you want. You can piss in a jar and call it peach tea. I'm not buying it, and I'm not gonna be manipulated by what you say" and then his pissjar was his silent way of saying he Had successfully manipulated her.

I mean sure a pissjar is a little distracting, but it should be able to be something you look past for the sake of context and story.

Fucking Hollywood egotistical dicks.

>the man who wants to kill you off for shock value rehires you as Lex Luthor
>take the job

When do B-list actors start turning down DC roles en masse?

If there wasn't enough evidence already that Zack Snyder is an adolescent edgelord who only likes comics for the violence: shooting Jimmy Olsen in the fucking face as a cheap, 2 second twist to "have some fun with him" (Zack's own words) has to be it.

No, just normal people that happen to get movies made.

I cringe at some of the shit the people of Sup Forums and Sup Forums would have made had they the connections and the means. I doubt any of it would be any less self-indulgent.

>not understanding how the literal aspect of a scene can destroy the tone regardless of the symbolism
>not understanding how events that are meant to be symbolic are also taking place in reality in the film and you have to reconcile the two halves

It doesn't MATTER what the jolly rancher symbolizes, because it just absolutely tonally destroys the scene because the symbolism does not exist in a vacuum.

He should have put the jolly rancher in his own asshole and then put it in the old man's mouth for better symbolism.

It's in the Ultimate Cut.

He wasn't feeling so jolly after that.

Why not?

Because he forgot to cum on it.

What about making superman feel powerless?
He didn't know there was a bomb
Supes felt like he could have done something but didn't
Also, makes him feel guilty, cuz the guy was only on a wheelchair because of the battle of metropolis.
It's not about FRAMING superman

You thought that was sensual?

This has to be fake he did not rewrite the entire character of Lex Luthor because he got a hollywood diva email.

>If lex was trying to frame superman

He was trying to make the world think that just by Superman being there they would be in danger because people hate him enough to do something like that.

So the families of inocents can blame him even if they know that it wasn't him who did it.

This is false, Eisenberg was going to play the Riddler but they changed their minds when they introduced the Krypton tech elements to the plot

I demand proof of this from the movie itself and not the fanbase not trying to make it look better.

>proof
watch the film then

I did already watch the 3 hour version and I don't think Lex ever made his intentions explicitly clear ever. If you can name 1 instance of him doing so, all you have to do is say where.

Also, yes the CONSEQUENCES bombing riled people up, but Lex does unintentional things several times. Not the least of which is nearly getting killed by his own Doomsday.

When you pull the "it was all part of my villainous plan, including the infinitely divergent possibilities, which is why I never make my plans or intentions explicitly clear, instead only making my general goals clear" that's a problem.

Its still so, so fucking heavy handed its just crass and stupid.
But its what id expect from snyder.

>You didn't go game and immediately and furiously jack-off while eating a bowl of jolly ranchers while thinking of your grandpa.

You can't fool us man

Wait, you mean that scene where Lex's abomination's fist almost killed him being a callback to him talking about his father's "fist and abominations" wasn't cinematic genius? The height of kiloKino?

Its a real problem with the movie that Lex's plans leading up to the bombing and basically everything that come after are basically totally unrelated. You have all this buildup to the courthouse scene, which just sort of ends with this sudden anticlimatic explosion followed by super-pouting, and then Doomsday is a thing so there can be a big finale. The pacing and progression is just all fucked, and you can't even call Lex a mastermind for any of it because who gets by entirely on luck and just paying out daddymoney to make smarter people make things happen for him.

Like, the ONLY reason that Lex isn't in jail 20 minutes into the film is because the CIA is unwilling to admit that Jimmy Olsen was an undercover agent. Everyone involved knows that Lex is guilty as fuck, the US government just chooses to let it slide because it would be politically inconvenient to throw the book at him this time.

Yeh. Though I'm not sure whether to blame the Zackmeister or the studio for fucking up the escalation part.

Party sequence

Laugh all you want, but this is a brilliant work by Snyder. While general audiences might be swarming to the simplistic MacGuffin plot of Marvel's superhero films, Snyder had a dream of something better. Something smarter. A true "kino" cinema film. The people who laughed at the Jolly Rancher scene or the pee jar are sophomoric simpletons who can't read between the lines. The same kind of people who read Shakespeare back in high school and didn't understand how brilliant it was because the old English dialogue was too elegant and wasn't dumbed-down for the layman to interpret. Zack Snyder's Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice is perhaps the most misunderstood modern epic of our time, but we may yet live to see the day when people look back at it and finally appreciate what an incredible film it was. I'm confident that in time, Snyder will be regarded as a talent on the same level as Kubrick or Spielberg. A master of his craft.

Sorry, you can't make me eat that load of Jolly Ranchers.

>I did already watch the 3 hour version

yeah but you wanted to hate the film even before watching it, whats the point ? You are going to nitpick everything to dead

''OMG he had the Super hero logos on his files! Worst movie ever made!''

>What about making superman feel powerless?
>He didn't know there was a bomb

How did he know Superman wouldn't know the bomb was there. I mean it was basically a fluke that he didn't, right? If Superman had detected the bomb like normal, the plan would have backfired.

>"kino" cinema film.

I still don't understand why Lex made Doomsday. Feels like it went against everything Lex stood for throughout the whole movie.

And how does mixing human and kryptonian DNA lead to Doomsday? The ship called it an ancient aberration or something to that effect. How does that make sense? Does the extended cut explain this?

>Feels like it went against everything Lex stood for throughout the whole movie.

Yes. He made some rant about demons not coming from hell below, but from the sky above, suggesting that Superman is evil and aliens are a threat, but then he makes Doomsday and summons Darkseid

Snyder is a fucking moron

>Snyder will be regarded as a talent on the same level as Kubrick or Spielberg.

Ha ha ha... no. As much as Hollywood is starved for great directors. They've had nothing but false starts for the last twenty years.

That was always true even without the bomb though. Even Superman's own father thought so.

>tfw DCEU Superman murdered Zod twice.

It's because Eisenberg performance it's simply atrocious and he was basically another rehash of Gene Hackman's Lex Luthor that crashed with the whole "realistic" setting of the film.

Kevin Spacey was another Hackman's insane Lex rehash but he made it work somehow, his performance it's pretty good.

youtube.com/watch?v=GnP8nfRB4g4
youtube.com/watch?v=bOTOM027CFA

All the DCEU's acting is very unconvincing that's the reason the movies aren't very good, if you want a good serious dramatic movie you need good performances even if it's a drama with caped heroes and this 'verse lead actors' performances are not good at all.

I don't know what's more sad, calling a superhero movie a true piece of cinema, comparing BvS to Shakespeare or comparing Snyder to Kubrick and Spielberg.

>Snyder is a fucking moron

To be fair Snyder isn't the writer ,I bet it's all Goyer fault since Chris Terrio tried to fix the script and it's not the first time a movie scripted by Goyer has writing problems.

Jolly Rancher

This is why Lex does anything in this movie. It's about a physically weak man dominating powerful men. He does it with the (politically) powerful man by putting candy in his mouth, he manipulates the canonically smartest hero in the DCEU to do his bidding, he psychologically tortures a demigod, and even steals the power of Kryptonian weaponry so that his will made manifest can dominate the strongest being on the planet. Superman grabbing the spear and sacrificing himself to kill Doomsday was supposed to show how Superman's will is actually stronger than Lex's but it didn't come off well because nothing in that movie came off well

I don't think I've ever been this angry in a movie theater before

You must not have seen Jupiter Ascending then.

Granted, I didn't see BvS in theatres. Fuck paying them.

You could not pay me to see that garbage. Also my parents and cousin insisted on seeing it

There's that good, ole' copypasta

DELETE COMIC BOOKS!!!

He's a millennial and didn't have anyone to call him out on it like he did in Birthright, plus Superboy didn't wreck his hair during his youth.

Why is that hand giving Jeb bush a jolly rancher?

Dont know if it was an email or if he said it face to face but the fact that Eisenberg mouthed off Snyder for offering him a 5 second role was posted in a number of sites

Please clap.

>Eisenberg mouthed off Snyder for offering him a 5 second role
Eisenberg sounds like an egotistical self centered douche nozzle. I don't get how he could fuck up Lex so bad with these characteristics.

youtu.be/kbnGA8uu8T0?t=78
>1:25-1:58

You'll get your answer

Stop making shit up. Look upon Snyder's autism, and weep. ew.com/article/2016/03/25/batman-v-superman-jimmy-olsen/

In the movie he is literally too evil. An autistic machine made just to bring calamity and horrors. In some sense, Doomsday is really his son. Doomsday got the powers of Clark and the will to fuck shit up directly from Lex. Doomsday is Lex psyche unleashed.

slip that jolly rancher in my mouth

If it was the earth's atmosphere that gave Kryptonian's their powers, why didn't Superman just fly Doomsday in space and leave him there?

And why is it implied that Superman regains his power with the sunlight after the nuke?

suck on this big old jolly rancher

lick it all up