Sentry vs Franklin

DESU bros, Franklin and Sentry would be better of if they were both the same character, both are arguably the strongest heroes in Earth but each and every story of them tries to one-up the other

but all in all, I believe Sentry is the better character out of the two, one would say that hes just Marvel Superman but I think its more than that, I love how his origin has variance and that whatever Bob believes is his supposed origin is the 'truth'

There is literally no fucking reason to compare these two characters. What is the point of this thread exactly?

>one would say that hes just Marvel Superman but I think its more than that
He is actually LESS than that.

The guys has, like, ONE average story by Paul Jenkins trying to emulate Alan Moore, and that is it. The rest is nuclear garbage that doesn't make sense.

Nah.
Sentry = Beyonder all the way.

I read all of Power Pack last week just to look into the similarities and I stand by that.

>that doesn't make sense
Sentry makes for a very effective IQ test.

Lets end this Sup Forums

Who would win?

Voidtry vs Supes?

Sentry fans.

Where do they live?
What do they eat?
Were their parents also siblings?

>Sorum
>One million suns power
>Void

"It all makes sense", says the imbecile.

Different universes, different rules. Totally depends.
Either Void's reality warping abilities are close enough to 'magic' that Supes is boned or Supes uses his superbrain to assess the situation and appeal to Bob's humanity.

>he still doesn't get it
lel
Also use a phone or something next time. The poster count ain't going up.

Please explain oh wise one...

Void can easily conjure darkness and drain supes out

the only way for Supes to actually win is to reach Bob

There is no "get it", man. A bad story is not an intelligent one. I could make a story about the boy that eats shit and develop powers of two black holes and a "dark counterpart", and it would be as good as it sounds.

>
>>Sorum
>>One million suns power
>>Void
>
>"It all makes sense", says the imbecile.
Bruh, you know you are on Sup Forums, right? Of course it fucking makes sense.

Remember when Sentry beat Hulk at his peak when no one else could?
I give it to Sentry. A hero who's so powerful, he has to be his own villain.

>I give it to Sentry. A hero who's so powerful, he has to be his own villain.

thats what I like about him, the constant nerfs and showcase that others are more powerful than him actually ruins the character, hes better off having his own universe

Sentry godstomps, they'd need at least the full league to even consider taking him on.

>Remember when Sentry beat Hulk at his peak when no one else could?
We aren't talking the climax of WWHulk are we? Because Sentry did not win that fight even a little bit. Sentryfags claim that he did, but that's not what's on the pages of that comic book.

Sentry is a reality warper. That's how Jenkins intended it, Bendis understood it, and Parker explicitly stated it. Space/Time reshuffles to be how he wants them to be without him actively realizing it. The serum origin is a fantasy, it is every bit the hackneyed stereotypical cop-out it appears to be. But because it's a realty warper's fantasy, that makes it real. Hence why the 'origin' keeps changing everytime he's confronted with unwanted introspection or novel outlooks. Likewise the "million suns power" is every bit the childish hyperbole it sounds like; Bob is a stunted paranoid manchild and the Sentry is his OC Donut Steel. Only his daydreams come true. The Void hates him so much because it's his manifest subconscious - all his doubts & insecurities given form - and as such has full access to the power rather than just the uses he actively thinks about as part of his Superman self-insert.

The character's defined by subtext, if you're expecting just another multimedia IP to carry ongoings and make movies out of and team up with Black Panther occasionally you're missing the forest for the trees. The fundamental truth since 2000 has been that he's not a hero and doesn't have a place in a self-perpetuating purgatory like the Marvel Universe. He's conceptually divorced from it. As such, Sentry ignores all the typical trappings of superhero stories (power-level wank, villain-of-the-month shit, neverending sliding timeline cleanup) until you're left with a straightforward story about one guy's inner struggle with self-image, morality & power, with a defined beginning, middle & end. And if you're not invested in that story, all you're left with is the clear sense of anomaly.

do you happen to have that one forum post about appreciating Sentry's character? I remember the backgorund being white and thats about it, it also talked about points you mentioned

provide some scan proofs yo

Incredible how an half-ass story can stimulate such masturbation.

I don't know what is worse, the Sentryfag that think he is reading Nietzsche or the more typical "but power levels bra".

So you would rather have the comic spoonfeed everything to you? Sentry is all about perception and imagination, the hero itself is an escape from reality by a fat addict, its all about subtleties

Yeah, if you like Marvelshit you have a low one.

it's a comic book character, only you autists would care abut "muh power level"