Interior artist is Daniel Acuna

Interior artist is Daniel Acuna

Out on April 19

Other urls found in this thread:

cbr.com/captain-america-secret-empire-0-cover/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/52_(comics)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sorry for tripfagging the first time.

It's the official reveal of the Secret Empire #0 cover and interior artist.

Sauce: cbr.com/captain-america-secret-empire-0-cover/

I do love Mark Brook's covers, I just hope that they have him do more wild designs for future issues.

I Just noticed the skull in the shield.

Hope DC has something to counter this mini. I know Snyder and Capullo's event won't start till August

lol

You mean ANOTHER Emperor Superman story?

>Interior artist is Daniel Acuna
I guess that means I can drop Sam Wilson, then.

I thought Sam Wilson was ending.

>I thought Sam Wilson was ending.
It might be, I was just getting it for the art and fell way behind (last issue I read was the Misty solo with the amazingly shit poser fill in artist).

But I was surprised at how much more thought and effort Spencer put into Civil War II: The Oath so I'm hoping that SE won't be a total shit-show.

>ten issues, zero (#0) through nine (#9)
>starts in April 2017

We're looking at an end date in February 2018, assuming there are no delays or if the event is scheduled to double-ship.

Is anybody going to care about the Secret Hydra Empire War in exactly one year from now?

I think they're alternating artists throughout it, which should make it go quicker, but yeah, delays gonna happen.

I still don't see how this premise can go on for 10 whole issues.

Say it with me Sup Forums
"I'm not interested in marvel events"

That's a good question too: What the hell do they have planned that they think this will last ten issues? That's 200-plus pages, which in scriptwriting terms makes for a goddamn three-plus hour movie.

Do they need to? While Marvel will be continuing to rape the image of one of their most iconic heroes to make a goddamn political statement, DC will continue to celebrate theirs

They say 0 issue will have Cap divide the heroes over multiple problems, and then issue 1 the world will know Cap is Hydra. That's still stretching it. I know it'll be Hydra and villains wrecking shit and a lot of the more powerful heroes stuck in space fighting a Chtari armada, but I still don't see how it can be stretched to 10 issues. I'm sure there will be a twist, like Steve is working with someone else.

>Is anybody going to care
>exactly one year from now?
Honestly? I'm not very hype RIGHT NOW. The Event Fatigue is real.

I mean: CWII The Oath is the lead in so there's literally not gap between CWII and SE (and we've got Monsters Unleashed and IvX currently ongoing as well with the latter leading up to the Resurr(X)tion X-Titles relaunch and the inevitable All-New Marble Now-er than Now Re-re-re-launch that'll come after THAT ).

>ANOTHER WHITE MALE-CENTRIC EVEN

Oh hey, I was wrong:
>“Secret Empire” debuts in April with Issue 0, and will conclude in August.

So that's #0 in April, #1-2 in May, #3-4 in June, #5-6 in July, and #7-9 in August. Maybe. Might be #0-1 in April, #2-3 in May, et cetera.

After "Civil War II" I'm not sure if I can trust Marvel with having an actual ongoing idea that sticks. How many times did the goalposts shift in CW2?

Personally, I still feel like Marvel needs a "52" of its own. Out of everything it's taken from DC's playbook, it's never tried to replicate "52".

I think the biggest problem with events right now is that they star the same characters over and over. Like, look at the cover of Secret Empire 1. It's the same cast that's been circulating since Secret Wars. At least throw in someone new or different. Hell, put the Thunderbolts on the cover. If you can put Medusa on there, you might as well put T-Bolts. They sell about the same.

That's a sexy Cap.

The problem with Marvel is that their stock of writers are mediocre.

A New 52 wouldn't change anything but make the universe seem more contrived, banal, and constricted than it already does.

>Hope DC has something to counter this mini

Better written books like they did with CW2, IvX and the rest of shitty events

Hence my want of a "Marvel 52". Give us something that DOESN'T outwardly focus on A-List or even B-List heroes already!

That's a fair point. Marvel attempting "52" would come off more like "Countdown" in the end.

>I'm not sure if I can trust Marvel with having an actual ongoing idea that sticks.
That's what happens when they let Bendis wing it w/o any editorial oversight (anyone who read Age of Ultron or his X-Men run could have told you exactly what was going to happen).

But, yes, after Civil War and Secret Wars BOTH got delayed AND extended by an extra issue EACH (and in both cases well after things were underway/solicits were out) I'd be fucking AMAZED if the same thing doesn't happen again. Because the inmates are clearly running the asylum.

Hell, look at the recently announced book. Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Defenders, Rocket Raccoon...they just aren't putting any effort into non-MCU stuff.

Captain America will overcome his Hail Hydra phase and become a good guy again just in time for the Infinite War movie. Sorry if I'm spoiling the shocking twist.

>>New 52 is the same as 52

>Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Defenders
>MCU
i mean i know they're all supposed to be one universe but i'll never buy that after learning what feige had to say

But yeah, they seem to be erring on the side of properties that have established avenues of storytelling elsewhere. I'd like to see a count of how many Marvel books in publication aren't immediately connected to a recent film or television show.

And by "immediate" I mean that while the "Deadpool" ongoing is clearly connected to the "Deadpool" movie by name alone, a spin-off like "Slapstick" or "Foolkiller" wouldn't be connected. "Duckpool" would be connected though. Also "Gwenpool" might be connected based on the name again. We can figure it out later.

I assume he meant "new 52", without the capital lettering.

>.they just aren't putting any effort into non-MCU stuff.
You seem to be ignoring things like Moon Knight, Foolkiller and Gwenpool, senpai.

I mean: you'll see people screaming right here on Sup Forums on any given day about the fact that they LACK synergy with the MCU (Thor/Iron Man's a grill! Cap is black/hydra!)

I don't think you understand.

Marvel doesn't have the talent to make a New 52 type reboot enjoyable. It'd be full stories of A-list heroes, more teams starring A-list/B-list/ Netflix darling heroes, teen superheroes, and several C- D list heroes.

It'd be exactly what we have now, but the continuity would be limited to a few classic stories, and whatever happens in the movies.

>New 52 is the same as 52

When did I imply that?

No, no, you know how you cut off one head and two heads take its place?

Captain America is going to get shoved in some kind of magic box, and when he comes out there will be two Caps, one good and one evil.

Screencap me in case I'm right.

>Marvel doesn't have the talent to make a New 52 type reboot enjoyable. It'd be full stories of A-list heroes, more teams starring A-list/B-list/ Netflix darling heroes, teen superheroes, and several C- D list heroes.
>It'd be exactly what we have now, but the continuity would be limited to a few classic stories, and whatever happens in the movies.

Oh, I get it now.

Maybe Marvel just needs to scrap its pool of writers and start all over or something. What do Bendis and Slott have that keeps them on the payroll, anyways?

>a New 52 type reboot
Do you even read comics?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/52_(comics)

All that are being canceled and being replaced with more MCU synergy. I wasn't dissing those books cause I like them, I'm saying that the newly announced stuff seems MCU only.

>Marvel doesn't have the talent to make a New 52 type reboot enjoyable. It'd be full stories of A-list heroes, more teams starring A-list/B-list/ Netflix darling heroes, teen superheroes, and several C- D list heroes.
I'd put Cullen Bunn and Al Ewing on that book. Maybe Nick Spenser too.

Not the 52 I was referring to.

I'm talking about that "reboot" that happened almost half a decade ago.

The post you replied to was talking about 52 a weekly series,then you responded by referring to it as a "New 52" and talking about reboots despite that not being what 52 was.Sounds like you think 52 and New 52 are the same thing

>All that are being canceled and being replaced with more MCU synergy.
Stuff like Slapstick and Deadpool The Duck are basically Marvel's DCYou: they threw a whole mess of stuff at the wall to see what would stick (and most of it didn't). Which, of course, is why people keep talking up a Marvel Reborn/Rebirth type deal.

But I actually agree that it's mostly a talent drain (people either going DC exclusive or jumping to Creator Owned) combined with an *amazingly* worthless Editorial.

I mean: as a very bitter and disenchanted X-Fag I was pretty psyched about the X-Books bringing back the Blue and Gold ... until I saw the creative teams (Land on one and Guggenheim on t'other). They're just moving deck chairs around on the Titanic at this point.

You'll get Ewing and Spencer, but you'll get a Bendis in there to create a AvX shaped abortion.

Okay, I was in the wrong, I know what 52 is, but my brain auto-completed to New 52.

My point still stands though. Where we're at now, the Marvel universe does feel like 52, but a shitter version.

Most of the A-listers are gone and have been replaced, B-D listers are rising up, and there's a cosmic threat looming on the horizon.

All we need is Cable and his tattoo to get a bigger role in his new ongoing.

Thevears sticking ut and no head wings make Cap look weird.

What a waste of perfectly good Acuña.

>I'd put Cullen Bunn and Al Ewing on that book
Bunn's amazingly hit and miss (with things like Fearless Defenders being damn near unreadable); but I could get behind Ewing and Spencer (provided they kept a leash on Spencer's more hamfisted tendencies: Mutants as a metaphor for Minorities is fine; Inhumans as a stand in for Refugees is a bit on the nose (but do-able); Right Wing talking points being copy-pasted into the mouths of literal Super Villains is just cringe inducing).

Gonna take a shit and wipe with interior pages

Thing is, Bunn loves the obscure stuff. I don't think FD was as bad as people say, but he killed it on Magneto and Sinestro. Also, he did the book the Fearless even before Fearless Defenders, which involved Valkyrie globe trotting.

Post proof after you do it, send it to Spencer and Marvel via tweeter.

You gotta do it tho.

>I don't think FD was as bad as people say
I strongly disagree with you.

>but he killed it on Magneto and Sinestro.
This is true; but those are solo titles and they're villains/anti-heroes.

Ewing, if Ultimates and New/USAvengers is any indication, could end up being Marvel's answer to Johns when it comes to continuity fagging.

But I don't see it happening (for either of them) with the current Editorial still in place.

>send it to Spencer and Marvel via tweeter.
Has he not deleted his account yet?

What side will the Marvel Universe citizens be on? They're quite a fickle bunch.

>What side will the Marvel Universe citizens be on?
Given that this is being written by Nick "Shillary" Spencer? Imma guess that Hydra wins the Electoral College but loses the Popular Vote; because the man's about a subtle as a jackhammer enema.

>Heroes try and tell everyone that Steve is Hydra
>People don't believe them
>They present undeniable proof that Steve is in fact Hydra, Steve isn't even bothering to pretend anymore
>"So what? He's still keeping us safe!"

>>"So what? He's still keeping us safe!"
I think you mean: "Alternative Facts, Fake News, and Sad!"

>Who cares if he's Hydra? He's going to build a shield and make the aliens pay for it. And he's going to deal with the mutie problem.

>"G̶r̶e̶e̶d̶ Fascism, for lack of a better term, is *good*!"

I wonder if any heroes will actually stand by Captain Hydra after they find out the truth. Like USAgent.

>He's going to build a shield and make the aliens pay for it.
Fun fact: they're literally building a shield/force field around the Earth in the current Captain Marvel.

That was the joke...
And the plot actually comes from Captain America's book.

He's a former politician, he doesn't care.

Spencer only loves one conservative and that's John Walker but yes he is an unrepentant hillary supporter.

But Cap doesn't want that shield/wall to be built, how can he be a Trump analogue then?

>He's a former politician
You misspelled "failed"

>he doesn't care
He sure posts a fuckton of shit on twatter for someone who doesn't care ...

He doesn't seem to be against it here Or is it just an act?

I mean, generally speaking I'm not, but Captain Hydra has been a fun ride so far so I'll at least check this out.

This.
Marvel Citizens will happily commit Genocide if they think it'll keep them safe from the Muties.

It seems Spencer's doing the filler backpedal for SamCap unfortunately.
He did the same with Ant-Man, filling pages with recaps of the story thus far in every issue.

The Sons of the Serpent have always been like that, though

>I will doom Earth rather than take a hard choice
classic women.

An act, he is bringing a big chitauri army to fug up Earth and the shield will make it harder for the Chitauri to fug up Earth.

I think his plan is to let the Chitauri attack, use the shield, and defeat them
>See? This is why we need the shield! We're under constant attack, only I can save you! Only HYDRA can save you!

She's the only reason The Shield is being made in the first place.

That's the Serpent Society...

The Sons of Serpents have always acted that way though, they're over the top racist villains.

Even when they had a black dude as a leader.

>Build Shield then refuse to use it
Classic women

Spencer also used the Sons of the Serpent earlier in the run. In fact, the Sons of the Serpent were just working for the Serpent Society in the arc. The SotS have always been "right-wing talking points."

The Serpent Society was commentary on Unions though so funny how that works out.

Nope, he just doesn't want the shield he is just using the Chitauri to fuck up the heroes so he can just come in and take over.

By the time Secret Empire starts he'll take over whether people want ot or not, he will be done pretending.

Why the fuck does Captain America have so many Skull and serpent/Snake themed villains?

>I didn't even read the page
Jesus Christ ...

No she does want to use it now, Maria Hill convinced her.

Honestly this is just shit editors not doing their jobs, the Captsin Marvel writer wants to write Carol as more of a lefty type of person who cares about refugees and whatever while Bendis and Spencer make her into a "security first" person who is willing to infringe on people's rights and is a bit of a warhawk.

We need a story where Set sue's Hydra for copyright infringement.

>Introducing Marvel's latest sensation. In the footsteps of Young X-Men and Young Avengers comes... Young Old Man Logan!

It just sort of worked out that way.

>No she does want to use it now, Maria Hill convinced her.
At no point did she not want to use it, user. The order of events goes:
>Hill tries to convince SHIELD council to create The Shield
>Hill gets deposed as Director
>Hill runs away to Carol, gives her the plans for the Shield (this is the first time Carol hears of The Shield)
>Carol goes to Obama to cash in on her One Free Favor and has him advocate for The Shield to have it built
>Steve finds out about this and lectures her about how The Shield is a horrible idea and she shouldn't build it
>The Shield gets built anyways, but Carol gets cold feet about using it while this Alien Refugee Crisis is still going on
So that scene is either an editorial goof wherein they didn't explain to the writer that The Shield is something Carol wanted and Steve didn't, or she's still pro-Shield but just wants to make sure the refugee crisis is sorted out first and Steve is just playing some kinda big keikakku that's on too high of a level for our feeble minds to comprehend.

>The SotS have always been "right-wing talking points."
No, the SotS have always been a stand in for the KKK just like Hydra is a stand in for Nazis.

>The Serpent Society was commentary on Unions though so funny how that works out.
It was fucking STUPID. Just as Marvel has stand ins for Racist Hate Groups they also have stand ins for Evil Corporations: if he'd put those same Literal Talking Points into the mouth of an executive at Roxxon or Hammer Industries or Oscorp it would still have been LAZY; but it wouldn't have been STUPID. Instead he had literal Super Villains in full costume sitting around a board room.

Ot's stupid but why does it trigger you so much?

>he had literal Super Villains in full costume sitting around a board room.
I don't see what's wrong with this.

Because I'm fucking SICK of these liberal hack writers attacking my beliefs as an EXCUSE to not have to do their WORK.

Yeah I thought his portrayal of Walker was alright.

>Ot's stupid but why does it trigger you so much?
Honestly: because it *should* appeal to me. I watch Last Week Tonight and Full Frontal and, while I was a Sanders guy I held my nose and voted for Hilldog over Mango Mussolini so someone taking shots at the Alt-Right should be right in my wheel-house.

But Spencer's such a ham-fisted hack about it that I just find it irritating. Also: because the writing bothers me I find it an obnoxious waste of Acuna's art.

>if I take credit maybe I can score some sweet sweet (you)s
You're almost as annoying as Spencer is, user.

Marvel has always been liberal leaning and I'm pretty sure that shit won't stop anytime soon, so either look for a comic that doesn't do that or do your own.

I mean at least in my part it makes me laugh that they are all up the SJW ideology yet Perlmutter is the top boss and he's just getting rich of it and working with Trump.

Also DC does the whole diversity thing better without acting like self righteous assholes.

>Also DC does the whole diversity thing better without acting like self righteous assholes.
Give it time: Large Marge is set to launch Batwoman (and we've already got the pointless Tranny side character in the last issue of 'Tec); if her track record with everything from Joker's Daughter to Angela to inSEXts is any indication.

Snyder's writing classes seem to include The Antiquality Equation.

But she's been writing Bombshells forever and not produced anything that bad when you'd think it would be a series with potential for moments like that

But I'm interested in this one, user. The Oath was promising, and it's not written by bendis, so it would have proper build up and apotheosis.
Probably.

DC has editors so they will reign her in.

Only place their editors didn't do much shit was Sensation Comics and that shit went downhill really fast. it became infested with radfem shit and then they had that one writer's wife triggered feminists for having WW call Superwoman a whore it was all bad.

DC has learned from their mistakes.

>Bombshells
I honestly haven't read it; but it's BY FAR her longest running title so maybe she figured out that pandering to tumblr with both hands wasn't working?

I try to be fair to writers (esp NEW writers); but Joker's Daughter and NuLobo were both abominations; Angela Asgard's Assassin was fucking awful (how it scored a relaunch as Queen of Hel rather than a quick death is beyond me); inSEXts was also terrible.

But if I hear good things I'll check out the trade (I like the character well enough).

>Maybe Marvel just needs to scrap its pool of writers and start all over or something.
Definitely this, with stronger editorial controls. Their editors are just as garbage as their writers and some of their worst, like Bendis, have next to no editorial oversight at all.

fuck Bennet bump

>Also DC does the whole diversity thing better without acting like self righteous assholes.
I mean... instead of replacing characters with minorities DC outright made Alan Scott Gay, Wally West black, The Ray gay... And Batwoman debuted a trans character. And the Deadman mini starred a chubby gal falling in love with a non binary person and the straight white guy was the villain.

>m-maybe if I cherry pick some literally who's then they won't notice I'm a Marvel intern
Keep trying.

How was any of that done with them acting like self righteous assholes? I don't think any of those were formally announced, just mentioned in creator interviews or happened in the comic first.