BEST SUSHI COMING THROUGH

>that knife
compensating for something, Chang?

>YOU, COME HEARE!
>Yes, chef-sensei
>WHATSU DIS?
>That's fish and chips, boss
>ITS NOTO RAW, YOU WHITE PIGGU!

Any respectable chef will agree that 90% of what makes a dish taste well is in the quality of the ingredients and cooking.
Anybody can cook rice and put high quality fresh salmon on it, can't believe people get scammed by him.

poison tepco fishuu

bollocks, a good chef can make a great dish of poor quality ingredients and a lousy chef can fuck up even the most expensive produce. its the skill of the chef that makes the difference between soggy fries and Heston's Signature Tripple Cooked Chips™

Sushi is tasty but the top tier of any culinary discipline is a pretentious shitshow.

he gets secret rice from some monk tho.

>it take 20 year master to make egg ok

two nukes werent enough desu

COST

NICE AND EXORBITANT

>my son work 50 year apprentice and still dont let make fish

If you make egg 1,5 hours a day, 350 days every year (counting the days you have to close for holydays and godzilla attacks), it kinda takes you 20 years to master egg, as long as we believe the 10000 hours to master something.

Its not mastery. He only said his eggs tasted "ok" after him making them for 20 years

what would jiro do if i brought a portable microwave to his restaurant and microwaved every piece of sushi he put before me?

>a good chef can make a great dish of poor quality ingredients
not true
>difference between soggy fries and Heston's Signature Tripple Cooked Chips™
frying is not difficult, any chef can make good chips. Also frying cover the taste of the food
Kinda expected a shit opinion on food from a brit though

yes true. give a beautiful piece of a dry aged ribeye steak to a bad chef and he'll fuck it up. a good chef will know how to compliment a worse quality main ingredient to make it edible. so many kitchen nightmares episodes had restaurants with well stocked pantries producing garbage food because the cooks couldnt use the ingredients. also not a brit

NO SUSHI FOR YOU!

>it takes decades to learn to put a slice of raw fish on top of a pile of rice
Why are people taking sushi "chefs" seriously again? They have nothing to do with the quality of the dish, it's all down to the product as there barely is any transformation.

Then go do it spastic, you really are that dumb aren't you?

But he's not a 100 years old japanese sensei cook so no one will buy anything from him.

Only numales with no work ethic hate Jiro
>boohoo he doesn't hug his sons

SIRENCE

YOU WASH RICE TWNETY YERSU

MASTER WASHING RICEU MAYBE I ROVE YOU

>bullying your workforce with no result in their performance and get away with it because you are essentially blackmailing them since they need the time spent under your supervision on their resume
>work ethics
He is shit, his methods are shit, and it is not a surprise he never got his star.

YOU GON TELL ME THIS MOTHERFUCKER
HE GO TO SLEEP

AND HE DREAAAM

ABOUT SUSHI??

Nobody cares that he doesnt hug his sons hes just autistically obsessed about putting fish on rice

There's work ethic and there's being horribly inefficient because you care more about tradition than results.

Before you a delightful combination of lamb from Hallingskarvet, quinoa, spinach, Jerusalem artichoke, peas and a rosemary sauce.

...and next up we'll be serving Jiro's delight, raw tuna on rice dipped in soy sauce.

I'll never understand a chef's motivation.

It's the most temporary art and the people who eat it probably do out of novelty more than appreciation.

>Jerusalem artichoke
what is it worth?

It takes skill to massage a fish to perfection

is japanese cuisin stuck in antiquity? top european chefs can make wonders of ingredients no one would even consider and this pretentious twat think there is art to putting slices of slimy fish on a ball of rice

youtube.com/watch?v=FjN546QGSMA

It takes skill to massage a fish to perfection

Nordic cuisine is criminally underrated Tbh

Fucking you’re some stupid I’m being triggered. Probably to poor to go to Nice restaurants.

Baecause nordics dont migrate and open restaurants outside nordic countries

redit is that way

like hitler himself once said japan has a history vastly superior to our own

That's a big knife.

there's a lot in london

>Jiro completely destroys the hopes and dreams of both his sons and forced them to become sushi chefs
>Not only is Jiro obsessed with soggy rise and raw fish but he has to force others into his obsession

Was it autism?

Is it reddit? My bad, I have no idea, I've never been there. You seem to know a lot about reddit, however.

it's japanese culture

they are retards

Can you share some Nordic cuisine? As far as i know sweden only has meatballs o something like that

palt

youtube.com/watch?v=2EHdOCWjQ00

That's actually a pretty standard knife in the industry.

For you.

you need a long knife to make a good slice, if the knife is too short you will have to slice several times making the cuts look jagged and ugly
not a weeabo just a chef

Looks kinda boring but judging by the ingredients it must taste really good

there're more than one kind of palt, best variant is probably pitepalt which is made using potatoes, flour, pork and reindeer blood

You know in Japan, a round of golf costs $12,000. You play from rooftop to rooftop, the balls are made out of rice somehow, and when you're all done you gotta go home and sleep in a tube.

>’so how long do you cook the fish for?’
>’we don’t cook it chef, it’s sushi’
>’oh my god...’

>'AH HEAR YOU CAN BUY A DAWG OUTTA' VENDIN' MACHINE

that looks fucking amazing desu

youtube.com/watch?v=t8N1F-gMTmU
the swedish word for food coma is literally palt coma

Are you interested in traditional cuisine or haute cuisine?

Itt thing amerimutts will never understand

i thought the restaurant had stars

can someone give me a tl;dr why he is a meme?

t. dicklet

I've always preferred traditional cuisine

False. Cooking starts by picking the right ingredients. Anyone can learn how to dice, cut and cook but a true chef will know what goes with what, how to balance flavors and stimulate the palate.

>that pic.

God damn Burgerland wtf.

>>bullying your workforce with no result in their performance and get away with it because you are essentially blackmailing them since they need the time spent under your supervision on their resume
So you mean basically like working in any top restaurant?
It's an industry where you'll be constantly shit on and bullied until you git gud and open your own restaurant.

Fuck Jiro. Dumb piece of shit.

kek

>You no want make raw fish for rest of rife?
>Fuck you, you not my son
Dude was a cunt

How will that kid ever recover?

Must be in the south

What's with Sup Forums's intense hatred for this gook?
Did mommy leave daddy for a sushi chef?

>bunch of weebs haet sushi
that's kind of weird

>Men's Active
>Burger in a mobility scooter
Never change America

Jiro's Nightmares of Ass Rape

You learn more in three years than just washing rice.
Damn, you should be able to open yourself a nice place after five.

This guy would match perfectly with that foam girl.

The work environment is still the same, even if the sushi learning curve is silly.

here's some traditional nordic cuisine
>palt
>lye fish
>sour herring
>pyttipanna
>rose hip soup
>Karelian Piiraka
>sandwich cake
>princess cake
>rosette
>spettekaka
>saffron bun
>nettle soup
>falukorv
>jansson's temptation

>Standing behind his counter, Jiro notices things. Some customers are left-handed, some right-handed. That helps determine where they are seated at his counter. As he serves a perfect piece of sushi, he observes it being eaten. He knows the history of that piece of seafood. He knows his staff has recently started massaging an octopus for 45 minutes and not half an hour, for example. Does he search a customer's eyes for a signal that this change has been an improvement? Half an hour of massage was good enough to win three Michelin stars. You realize the tragedy of Jiro Ono's life is that there are not, and will never be, four stars.

>falling for the sushi meme

>90% of how a meal tastes is the ingredients and preparation
Really activates my almonds

Bitter retards such as yourself would not even be able to cook the rice properly.

wasn't normal sushi invented barely 200 years ago?

I guess if you compare it to american history that seems a lot but idk ...

Blame Japan's culture. There's this honorary tradition in Japan where the eldest son inherits his fathers work, quite literally.

I think they mention it in the documentary. If you refuse, you'll be an embarrassment to everyone and will be cast out from the family.

It's an egg dish, not a boiled egg

>t. didn't watch it but still feels qualified to have an opinion on it

This thread drove me to finally watched it. Very good, admired his ambition and strive for reaching that mountaintop. I believe he did love his sons, and ensured their future by being tough on them. Considering his upbringing, he could have been an even bigger asshole honestly. I only wish they focused a little more on the son who opened his own place, because that was one of the most interesting parts of the story. And I did not care for the environmental message near the end, felt like it was jammed in there.

This kino is essential "films numales/women could NEVER understand"

>SHOUTING
>NICE AND DICKISH

Because Americans in general, who make up the vast majority of the visitors to this board, don't understand food, have an unhealthy relationship with food in general, and don't travel enough to actually experience good sushi

They do mention it. That's why the youngest son got to open his own restauraurant..

The environmental message is a very real issue for him, and anyone who likes fish and recreational fishing, fisheries are a shade of what they once were mainly due to commercial overexploitation
Pollution and such only makes their recovery more difficult, if we actually want to preserve our existing fisheries then we need to revisit how we manage them on a global scale

hear that? that's the sound of a lot of people losing the ability to make money and provide for theirs because of watchdog regulation.

So I've never had sushi so I'm speaking from immense ignorance and I accept that I am probably totally wrong, but I've always assumed the combination of fish and rice would be incredibly bland and yet people cream themselves over it and its popularity only seems to grow. Am I wrong? Is there some secret flavour profile that isn't overtly apparent?

Nothing...
EVERYTHING