Are these films good? Or are they just good in comparison to Adam Sandler's recent stuff?

Are these films good? Or are they just good in comparison to Adam Sandler's recent stuff?

I know Genndy directed them, but from what I heard, he had a lot of notes from the executives

They're a flat "okay".

Could somebody please put Adam Sandler out of our misery already? Of all the celebs that died last year why couldn't have he been one of them?

I fucking hated this movie when I first saw it. I thought the moral of the story was that your first puppy love crush is the only person you'll ever love.

I guess I missed the first four lines of the song "Zing".

The concept art of this is super nice.

Missed potential. They should have been about burnt out wolf-dad

I only saw the second one to be honest.

It was alright, though the ending was atrocious.

>The concept art of this is super nice.

Pic related.

The concept art looks so much better. Why did they have to make him look like Adam Sandler? Did his ego just not allow him to voice a character that didn't have his likeness?

Considering how much animated garbage is pumped out, its not awful. Its worth a watch if you like cartoons or have a kid to entertain.

I actually really liked these movies. The nods to all the old horror movies are nice, and Mel Brooks showing up was great. There's a lot of slap-stick and it works very well.

I was surprised because I hate Sandler with a passion, but he did a good job on the voice acting.

The concept art looks better because it should have been 2D. Instead we got generic CG garbage that not even Tartakovsky could save.

It pretty much moves like a 2D film, which from what I can tell is what Genndy was going for.

In that regard, I think they did a pretty good job for what they were given.

Also, the concept art looks better because it doesn't look like Adam Sandler in a Halloween costume.

They were written by Peter Baynham, a British comedian who worked on various alternative BBC comedy shows. His best work was working on a Radio 1 show with Chris Morris, who wrote and directed Four Lions, Brass Eye etc.

I hated nearly everything about this but Mavis who was a real qt3.14

The stoner boyfriend was a real pain.

The concept art looks like that because the movie was in dev hell for years. We weren't getting any of that with Genndy because he cared about making a movie that was visually entertaining first and foremost. When you watch interviews with him he'll talk about how his goal was to make the audience laugh at all the silly things Dracula would do visually.

>The stoner boyfriend was a real pain.

He wasn't that bad in the second film.

It looks like the concept art was what it was going to look like....and then Adam Sandler got on board, so now, Dracula, Prince of Darkness had to look lie.....

.....Adam Sandler..

They are watchable.
I loved the setting, but actual romance plot in the first one brings it down a lot in my opinion.
Second one is more balanced, resulting in mediocre setting AND mediocre story. Go figure.

Mavis is cute and Eight Crazy Nights was funny

The first one was fine. The second one turned Dracula into an incompetent clown, whereas he was actually very good at his job in the first movie. And the second rehashed the plot of the first.

Will they be good?

Whats the plot of third one?

According to Wikipedia:

>Mavis surprises Dracula with a family voyage on a luxury Monster Cruise Ship so he can take a vacation from providing everyone else’s vacation at the hotel. The rest of Drac’s Pack cannot resist going along, and once they leave port, romance zings Drac when he meets the mysterious ship captain, Ericka. Now it’s Mavis’ turn to play the overprotective parent, keeping her dad and Ericka apart. Little do they know that his “too good to be true” love interest is actually a descendant of Van Helsing, nemesis to Dracula and all monsters.

1 is great.
Second is basically Sony going 'PLEASE BUY OUR PRODUCTS, HERE'S RIHANNA'
I was really mad at the second because I loved the first one.

It's pretty average, mostly because of two major problems.
The first problem is that Adam Sandlers character needs to be a straight man for his emotional arc and comedic role to be effective. Sandler obviously doesn't want to play one so his character has no emotional impact (when the father daughter relationship is the core of the film) and his interactions with other characters aren't funny.
The other big problem is that the ginger that serves as a love interest for Mavis is an incredibly bland character with who has little chemistry with her. So the other main story arc is also really underwhelming.
Aside from that the writing is mostly cliche and saccharine, the side characters are enjoyable enough but nothing you haven't seen before.
The animation is pretty good, but nothing mind blowing.
The main strength of the film is Mavis. She's well written (if again cliche), well performed and has a striking visual design. The fact that this movie is still discussed here fairly regularly is down to how well she works (and her ability to attract waifufags).

My problem is with the characters.
The male love interest is unbearable. The kid in the second one was cute, but in a "wow, look at this child who acts nothing like a child or real human being" sort of way. And all of Dracula's friends feel really forced- they could be the same character easily and waste less screentime.

Seemingly, the only characters that the writers give half a fuck about are Mavis and Dracula, which would be fine if the others weren't constantly onscreen doing something unfunny. I saw the sequel two days ago and I cannot tell you the first thing that sets apart any of Dracula's friends except the invisible man.

> rushed sequel not by genndy

absolutely not

No, he's involved.

>Is directing a 3rd Hotel Transylvania film.

>Will never get to direct his version of Popeye.

Sounds like suffering to me..... at the very least, he got to finish Samurai Jack.

Sounds mildly interesting.

>Little do they know that his “too good to be true” love interest is actually a descendant of Van Helsing, nemesis to Dracula and all monsters.

ok this one looks interesting. I want my shenanigans.

Shad...put down the fucking pen!