Is he the sole voice of reason in a sea of nonsense?

Is he the sole voice of reason in a sea of nonsense?

youtube.com/watch?v=pmXA08jzUfc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DS2sGlnJi9A
youtube.com/watch?v=_0xm0tEtL-M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hey blob still tweeting about how the working class shouldn't vote?
It's pretty ironic that you make fun of trump for what he tweets

Fucking what?

Let me guess he thinks he's actually part of some sort of intellectual elite that should decide for them right?

Well yes but he never admired that
After ranting about trump getting elected for a week he tweeted something along the lines of yes, people voting for him where workers afraid for their jobs but that doesn't matter because those people can't see the bigger picture and some cuntish way of implying that they shouldn't even vote

Can you at least put 'movie bob' in the comment somewhere so my filter can catch it next time, thanks

look the truth is most people don't know what's best for them

He didn't say they shouldn't vote. Just that they he thinks they voted against their own interests.

That's not a way of saying, "You shouldn't be able to vote," It's lamenting the situation.

If anything, he's for more people voting, since part of the reason why Trump won was depressed voter turn out compared to the previous elections which would have pushed Hillary ahead not just in the popular vote, but also the electoral college. Most PEOPLE in the US lean center left, but when you look at people who are able to or can be bothered to vote, a larger percentage are older and more conservative.

Movie bob is high tide in the sea of nonsense.

The man wrote an entire book about a SINGLE mario game. With third grade grammar.

elaborate. I want to know more

So he spent the better part of a year talking about how Trump supporters are garbage and then had the gall to admit he was talking about low earning workers the whole time and not nazikkk and then he went as far as to imply he should choose for them because they are too stupid?
While being a fat baby who never had a job and keeps losing deals with websites because he can't keep his mouth shut and dresses like Mario and makes long videos that would make a 12 year old cringe

But of course you know what's best for them, right?

of course we're on the right side of history after all

He made a video about things from his perspective, he think goobergate elected trump, no surprise there, and he still thinks he is the good guy and he thinks it's his own personal fault that all of this happenned because he "fought the power" back when he was a teenager but let the "tools" there for evil people to use

Fuck off, user. This is such a common opinion thrown out by pretentious, smug cunts. Most people know exactly what's best for them because most people vote entirely out of self interest. That's obviously not good but they have the right to vote however they please. The people on welfare vote for the person who will expand government programs and the people working industrial jobs vote for the person who will drag those jobs back kicking and screaming.

Self awareness 0
Blob was always a lolcow

Ah yes, a 30+ year old manchild that obsesses over Mario and Zelda, has diabetes because of his piss poor life choices, and lives in his brother's basement begging for patreon welfare will tell you what's right and wrong.

>Is he the sole voice of reason in a sea of nonsense?
No.
There are plenty of movie stars who aren't popular in China. He's full of shit as usual, and doesn't think things through.

Is there like a screencap or some abridge thing in which we can learn about the main cringey elements of the book?

>Is he the sole voice of reason in a sea of nonsense?

There are plenty of more sensical people around. But this particular video is pretty spot on.

The movies have a ridiculously larger audience and make so much more money over the comics it isn't even funny. Even movies based on comics that most people have never even hear of rake in more money than the best selling comic runs.

So yeah, whether or not a comic does well (for a comic) is pretty much a non-factor. They're basically elaborate pitches for a much more lucrative movie adaptation.

Someone in YouTube read the first part but never continued
I heard it's really short, less than 200 pages and tells things like he chose to stay at home playing Mario Bros instead of going to his grandmothes funeral
And he was 20something at the time

Except any industrial companies won't set up new factories like they did in the 80's.

>Yay, the company who employed 1000 workers is coming back to town!
>We'll have a new factory with 200 positions and a lot of automation and robots.
>...
>You're welcome!

Some highlights:

He skipped his grandmother's funeral so he could play Mario 3. This wasn't when he was a kid, by the way. He was a grown adult at this point.

He compared Mario 3's reveal in The Wizard to 9/11 and JFK's assassination in terms of cultural impact it had on his generation.

Didn't he live in a tiny apartment and filled the living room with toys?
I dobut anyone in his family wants him around, they probably pay him to stay awya

He's gone on weird tangents where he ponders whether we 'need' certain classes of people as things get more modern and automated and it gets real cringe worthy.

I guess a Dude from the Internet can't talk about comics and video games all the time.

Well yeah, that much is true
As far as replacing the heroes, he is full of shit. It took a really fucking long time for Spider-Man to become so iconic and the only reason low tire heroes do well is because they were riding the early marvel train
People won't be so willing to watch 20 different hero movies a year a couple years down the line, marvel will have to start cutting down on hero movies and expanding like they did with Kingsman or the guardians of the galaxy

Didn't he compare the war against jack Thompson over banning gta to Vietnam?

You guys are ignoring his most recent Twitter comments about how he foresees an era in which physical strength and athleticism falls second to raw intellect and knowledge.

Please don't bring politics into this thread tumblr OK?

Man I'm about as much of an unathletic nerd as you can get, but I don't want that future. There's nothing wrong with sports, or competitions like the olympics. It's celebrating what the peak of the physical human body is capable of. It's a great thing.

Pretty sure that's only coming with some Eclipse Phase shit when everyone can be a kung-fu adonis with a few implants or a body swap.

He made a really early video more than ten year ago I think we're he talks about how gamers should go on diets and exercise because of the negative stereotypes
It's not about exactly what he thinks Wich is really stupid, it's the way he seems himself that people hate
Somehow he is exactly like the people he hates but he is better because he is protecting the wymenz and being progressive

>Bartman

Does he not have enough hair to be Comic Book Guy?

Needless to say, Bob's comments were not received well.
Especially when they were put up against photographs of the man himself, in all his 230+ pound glory.

I want to replace my feet with hooves. Not because they're faster or anything, but because I really like hooves. I want to bang Draenei because they have hooves for feet.
This is the future I want. Not one of sight or sound, but of mind.

Of course all trump voters are rock grinding morons who like football and beer and he is the superior ubbersmeinch because he reads comics and plays Mario world

We will be able to burn holes through shit with our laser eyes, and become more curious about information!

It's a valid concern, but from how you're phrasing it, it seems like Bobby thinks those people will just disappear as machines phase out their jobs.

It all makes me wonder how he's still managed to keep his job anywhere. You'd think he'd be an inidependently-operating lolcow at this point, but somehow he's working for Birth/Movies/Death. And they fired Devin goddamn Faraci for groping women; MovieBob's been advocating some kind of genocide!

Speaking of the Ubermensch: youtube.com/watch?v=DS2sGlnJi9A

I've never read Atlas Shrugged, does society "burn" at the end?

no. Bob has not now nor ever been a voice of reason. and the fact that Marvel is dropping all this SJW pandering shit I don't imagine they were ever planning on integrating that shit into the MCU. That and the MCU is the gateway for normies to get into comics no the other way around.

Bob is so far out of his depth its kind of impressive sometimes.

Let me guess, he was bullied by jocks in high school and has never been able to let go of his built-in hatred of muscular sports lovers?

God fucking damn

Is Movie Blob literally the most conceited person on the planet?
Like, you name a stupid fucking opinion and he probably has it

pretty much. to be fair he is from Boston and what I've heard, Douchebags in Boston are kind of in their own tier of asshole. like way more dickish than the average bully.

He does need to get the fuck over it though he's a grown ass man. If you still have issues as a 30+ adult get some fucking therapy and sort your fucking life out.

>moviebob
>voice of reason

You're joking, right?

I admit with great shame that I used to watch his videos back when I was 16 and naive and full of positivity
And we'll to his credit he mostly kept all the politics to himself except for the odd one or two videos a year when he simply had to bring it up
And still back then people got mad at him for doing so

It's like a sad power fantasy where he imagines the jocks and dudebros that harassed him in high school getting thrown out of their janitor and construction jobs, and he gets the Last Laugh.

Who is worse? Patton Oswalt or Movie Blob?

Can you picture a world were bob is considered the pinnacle of human achievement and people try to follow him as an example?

MovieBob is harmless.
Patton Oswalt killed his wife.

I agree with Bob. When physical fitness becomes meaningless we can all love those creative 300 lb women. Who cares that they need help just sitting up, as long as they're a little creative we can all love their beautiful bodies.

Surely this is what he meant, right?

I want to be the little girl

Movie Blob. Oswalt just lost his wife so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume some of his behavior recently is tied to that.

230+ lbs
Maybe if he's 5'6"
Guy has to be above 250

It's a politics thread.

Your personal feelings on whether or not anything will be done aren't exactly relevant to the point I was making. Just that people who voted knew they'd reap more rewards from one candidate over the other based on campaign promises. The effectiveness of the execution wasn't as pertinent as the fact that an effort would be made at all. If you want to split hairs, I'd say it's possible for many jobs to come back as tax breaks are being made to make running the business in the US over foreign slave labor more palatable. That comes with its own basket of bullshit of course, but again, the people who voted know that they will benefit in their lifetimes.

A little Draenei girl? I'm down with that.

Yeah, I was just guessing. For all I know, he's 275 lbs. even.

as an overweight fat guy myself I can honestly say that, no I really don't want to see that world.

Yes but it's the government fault, just when they are about to prevent mass starvation by shipping a late harvest across the country on train the secretary of some bullshit decided to redirect them to move some soy that was harvested early and was inedible and the protagonist decides to go away because there was nothing else she could possibly do to save people hoping that after all goes to shit they can come back and rebuild
You should understand that the author lived under Stalinism and she comes from that

I don't understand how Patton was on twitter immediately after his wife died, still making jokes and sarcastic comments like he always does.

What the fuck is with twitter? Why do so many people stay glued to it and tweet like 50 times a day?

>moviebob

It's a power fantasy until you realize that eventually those jobs where a 'superior intellect' is needed can also be replaced by machines eventually.

It's not
We are talking about an idiot with an ego the size of the empire state
His political views are coinsidental

because its a time sink. I don't use twitter myself but if I did I'd use the Nick Offerman method, use it to disseminate information and never engage with anyone.

Why do people shitpost on Sup Forums?

I want to be the Elin; little girl with thicc ass, hips, and thighs.

>I struggle with a base impulse, born out of being mistreated and bullied by my peers for much of my upbringing, to dismiss whole swaths of humanity out of hand because, well... there's A LOT of bad in the world, and a lot of bad people; and when a subset of humanity seems to be giving me a good reason for that dismissal (say, by embracing backward politics, or hatred, or simply by being culturally vacant i.e. "nothing worthwhile comes from there") I tend to take it. Have in the past, probably will in the future. It's a personal failing - and so (probably) is the fact that most of the time deep down I still think I'm "right" and just need to be "nicer" about it.
>Especially since, when I DO look past my own self-interest, what I see first are the morally-righteous net-positives of globalism: An increased secular social-liberalism that's made life immeasurably better for my gay, queer, transgender, etc, friends. A decreased power-base for white supremacy (in the form of white-as-default societal view) and increased opportunities for women to attain political, social and market power. A more diverse, interesting, enriching community to live in. If it's already easy for a "liberal coastal elitist" like me to casually dismiss the anti-globalist concerns of "Flyover Country," it gets even EASIER when you can point to people who've historically had to endure much, much worse than a downtick in local blue-collar factory jobs who're benefiting and say "No, you're demonstrably wrong, the way things are going is good because look at how much it's helping all of these worthy, awesome people." And in terms of broad cultural narrative, well... angry white guys versus marginalized women, LGBTQ folks, people of color, disabled persons, etc? Guess who's going to come off like the villain there even if they don't personally think themselves to be. Yeah, exactly.

Actually the amount of threads I have seen made by people who lost a parent or got really bad news about their health is scary
And I know 90% are shitposting, I'm talking about the serious one
Sometimes people don't have anyone close enough to talk about these things so they come here

what, no, don't be silly, white collar jobs will stay human-driven for a long time

oh wow, the copy room just got outsourced to a 2-person team in India, the pundits got replaced by an algorithm and all the data entry is being handled by a talking cube by the water room

at least the rust belt is dying of cancer

>I hate most people because bad experiences I had
>Let me virtue signal my big list of excuses as to why it's OK for me to be a cunt to them

that and its easier to talk to randos on an anonymous image board about stuff than people you actually know.

Yeah that doesn't say any particular group shouldn't vote.

And it actually shows a ridiculously high amount of self awareness and acknowledgement of ones' biases.

He makes some good points in the second half, once he gets past his own politics.

>that's made life immeasurably better for my gay, queer, transgender, etc, friends.
I call bullshit. No way Bob has friends. And if he does he definitely doesn't have gay, queer, transgender, AND etc. friends.

So basically the long tall and skinny of it is Marvel dug themselves so deep into a hole of their of creation that the dying medium of comic books is just a petri dish to see if Kamala Kahn will look good on screen for a more profitable medium?

So they basically don't actually care about comics?

>Actually the amount of threads I have seen made by people who lost a parent or got really bad news about their health is scary

Lots of people with mortal bodies who have mortal parents and there's a shitload of people posting on Sup Forums so if even 0.05% of them are suffering at any one time, that's still several posts a day.

It doesn't at all, the second part does the exact opposite by making an entire paragraph of bullshit to cover up for his own bias
Do you think bob cares about trans people or gay people or women or anyone when they think differently than him?
I have seen bob turn on them faster than you can say autism
And yeah, globalism is about taking the right to vote away from people and he said it's OK because that's the bigger picture
Also it's clear that in his brave new world there isn't any place for the kind of people he hates Wich is entering scary territory

He doesn't, he has people who humored him a couple times
He tweets about how he spends twice as much time fighting enemies than talking to friends and we know it's more than twice

>So basically the long tall and skinny of it is Marvel dug themselves so deep into a hole of their of creation that the dying medium of comic books is just a petri dish to see if Kamala Kahn will look good on screen for a more profitable medium?

Quite the opposite. Comics and comic fans have dug themselves into a deep hole and Marvel has so far found the only way out.

Comics were on their way out and Marvel was filing for bankruptcy BEFORE the movie licensing ended up making one of the biggest entertainment juggernauts in human history.

Marvel (and DC and most other comic publishers) was always been more about making money off ideas and less about preserving the concept of comics in and of themselves as some kind of high minded ideal.

A long time, sure, but eventually even those may be phased out.

I think it is only a matter of time before we end up with a Diamond Age-esque sort of economy.

if you say so. All I'm taking from this is that Marvel and DC monopolised the industry so extensively that they decided they were too upper class for news stands, cultivated an elistist exclusive readership that stagnated so much they were forced to diversify their characters to make them non white men. So had they kept to the news stands and not been so high and mighty, maybe Thor would still be a dude.

Normis will get fired of heroes pretty fast tho

Look up SMB3: Brick By Brick. You'll quickly understand.

>unironically framing corporate self-indulgence as "morally-righteous"
>adopting the "comfort should be earned" bullshit libs used to mock back in the 2000s
>implying that he actually has meaningful interaction with any of those groups he's namedropping
>tying it all up with that Whiggish history garbage near the end

Nah, it's bullshit. I don't see anything about saying they shouldn't vote, though. Just the typical Flyover Country garbage. I hope for Bob's sake, and the sake of everyone else that thinks like this, that their fever dreams of the future come true. It would really suck if they banked on wokeness and pseudo-globalism being the key to world peace, only for future generations to say "no you fucking idiots, it was the rainforests/ice caps/space exploration. We needed you to save the rainforests/the ice caps/space exploration."

>Movie Bob
>Voice of reason
Pick one son.

Patton Oswalt, despite what you think of him, has some worth, Movie bob not so much.

No, but he brings good enough points. We like to think comic sales still matter, but its such a joke compared to how big the movie industry is in comparison, so its nothing surprising that they have decided to use the comics only as testing or complementary material.

Maybe because it was a coping mechanism that helped distract him from a major traumatic event that's going to be effecting him for the rest of his life?

I swear, like 90% of this site is completely lacking any shred of empathy or common sense.

The thing about bob is that he has this fucking insane belief that the people that bullied him in highschool are the exact same people that run the world and are responsible for everything he considers bad like trump
So since he hates these people based on nothing but bigotry and has this whole persona built around them as beer drinking wife beaters football watching morons and anyone screaming they are opressed and anyone non mainstream should be on his side then
So he doesn't care about the people on his side but believes that globalism will get rid of all the people he hates for no reason and it will be some sort of paradise for the marginalized

Tom Preston or Movie Bob?

Preston, Movie Bob is annoying but he can at least be coherent.

I pray for Etewaf every night before I go to sleep.

Was it Tom who was a complete asshole to his girlfriend because she got to spend Christmas with her family when he couldn't, or am I thinking of another webcomic man child?

youtube.com/watch?v=_0xm0tEtL-M

How has Linkara reacted in response to Trump winning?

That's not a good thing

>2,3/5 on fangamer
>2/5 on goodreads
Ho, boy

I love and hate reading male feminist shit like that.

"All men are fucking scum, except for me, of course!"

Do they not realise how fucking transparent they're being?

No, that was him. I haven't saved the screencap, but something is wrong with that man if his comics wasn't enough of an indication already.

I don't get the hate of him. He is not great and I find most his stuff annoying, but the fact that he is at least able to take a step back form his hobby to critically examine it is something I like.

Most of the people Sup Forums hates are people who can't tell fiction from reality and I don't think he belongs in that camp.

Probably calling him Ivan Ooze or some shit