I wanted to get into WoY but something about Jack McBrayer's voice/accent was really off putting

I wanted to get into WoY but something about Jack McBrayer's voice/accent was really off putting.

Have you ever been put off a show because of it's voice acting alone?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EpkZ7ZfCXls
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just start season 2. They show starts to focus 50/50 on wonder and hater/side characters. He's a lot more charming when you get breaks from him

I don't like that chick that voices Mabel

Wander is basically post-Movie SpongeBob. He's the "obnoxious optimist" who runs around harassing everyone and making their lives miserable, but they deserve it because they're "sourpusses" or whatever. He's incredibly annoying and has plot armor so he never gets any comeuppance for the oblivious torment he inflicts on everyone around him.

Show was annoying and not very funny. But if you like post-Movie SpongeBob then I guess it could be up your alley.

I feel the same about WoY and Emperor's New Groove. Great show/movie ruined by annoying lead voice actor.

>Show was annoying and not very funny

This.

WOY would have been forgotten about and ignored as just another short term slot-filler if it hadn't added that vacuous waifu bait in the second season.

The english dub of ladybug

Something about a french fuckboi with the voice of 40 something midwesterner just felt wrong. Like i was watching the bad lip reading version of the show.

>People don't love Kenneth
>People don't love his comforting Southern folksy voice

I wasn't bothered by the voice. But I did not like Wander as a character. He was annoying. And not the good kind of annoying where it's funny. The only time he was good was when he annoyed Hater and Hater's reaction to him.

Nah, Hater and Commander Peepers made it worth watching.

This, I love it when his voice pops up in things. If a cartoon needs an entertaining voice, he can fix it.

This when he starts talking about his family.

Would you a young Jack Macbryer?

I honestly did not expect that...

You're forgetting the fact that he virtually liberates any planets that any villain has taken over and foils any other plans they had and that he genuinely wants to show villains to a better path. The villains really do deserve the unintentional nuisances that Wander causes them. Did you even watch the show?

>Bother by his voice acting
How so?

>he can fix it
God damn it, user, you just reminded me the WiR sequel is still like three years away.

Do you think Wander would let somebody fuck his ass if it would make them happy?

Definitely.

I have the opposite problem: If I find someone's voice to be hot, I'll find anything they voice attractive and want to fuck it.

>Wander is basically post-Movie SpongeBob. He's the "obnoxious optimist" who runs around harassing everyone and making their lives miserable, but they deserve it because they're "sourpusses" or whatever.
But that's wrong. Wander only "harasses" people via legitimately trying to be their friend and help them out.

And he's shown to be a flawed character at several points whose optimism can't fix everything. The finale was basically all about this.

youtube.com/watch?v=EpkZ7ZfCXls

[banjo music starts playing]
Oh! Wander
Up my Butthole
make sure to use some lube
or your ding dong
will have rug burn
from all the anal sex
Yes your little tiny ding dong
will need some anal lube.

>Best friend hates Charlie Day because of his screechy voice

>Doesn't mind Nostalgia Critic's high pitched voice

Like, I get why people don't like a certain voice, but really?

His voice was perfect. The show is so well written and animated, and the contrasts are perfectly done and Wander's whole persona including the voice acting is a huge huge part of it imo

thankfully the Netflix version has french audio

This. On Bob's Burgers she's fine, but I hate her every where else. I kinda like Jack McBrayer's Wander. He's amusing when he pops up elsewhere, but they rarely let him get away from his normal range.

Really? I felt Spade was an intentional pick because he has that dead-pan sarcastic voice. I thought it fit very well.

this....this is the purpose of Charlie.

I donĀ“t know who voices Bunnicula but for me is the sound version of seeing somebody chewing Ice.

>>Best friend hates Charlie Day because of his screechy voice

>>Doesn't mind Nostalgia Critic's high pitched voice

Your bestie has shit taste.

Mike Nelson?

I couldn't get very far into Rick and Morty because of the belching

Steven Universe in the early seasons. His voice was fucking grating back then, same goes for Uncle Grandpa in season 1.

Also, any one liner character or characters that just make noises. Fuck all of them.

FUCKING THIS. Fuckin' catboi's voice is so cringy and grating.

I think you mean one year away bud.

This just reminds me I really liked Day in The Lego Movie. His screeches sounded fitting for the Space Man.

Whenever Jennifer Hale tries to do an "evil" or "badass" voice. It immediately makes me want to knock out cold whatever character she's voicing. Couldn't bring myself to do a FemShep playthrough on Mass Effect cause her voice irritated me so.

I came here to post this but I didn't get past the first few minutes of the first episode

>Play Ground Control
>mfw Hale tries to say "can't" in an English accent